Thread: Little League Coaches Fight Over Pitching

Hall Of Fame

Little League Coaches Fight Over Pitching

[url]http://explorernews.com/news/article_70ac8bd2-9958-11e1-add1-001a4bcf887a.html[/url]

[B][SIZE="3"]Police Report - Little League fathers fight over pitching [/SIZE][/B]

Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 3:01 pm | Updated: 4:49 pm, Tue May 8, 2012

No charges were filed against two dads apparently involved in an altercation during a CDO Little League game on April 28 at James Kreigh Park.

According to police reports, around 8:25 a.m. an Oro Valley police officer was flagged down at James Kreigh Park by a man who informed the officer[B] he had just been assaulted by a man who was serving as the pitching coach on his son’s little league team.[/B]

[B]The man, who helped coach his sons’ Little League team,[/B] [B]said he was coaching first base while another dad, who also helped coach the team, was pitching to his son.[/B]

When the pitching coach struck his son out, the man said, “stop lobbing the ball.” According to the police report, the man told the father who had been pitching to stop pitching a certain way to his son. [B]After a heated discussion, one of the father’s said, he wanted to “take this off the field,” to which the other father agreed.[/B]

On the way past the dugout, the man told police that [B]the pitching coach struck him in the ear.[/B]

In a statement to the police, the pitching coach said throughout the season, [B]the other father openly heckled coaches and kids during the games[/B]. After the man made a comment about lobbing the ball, the pitching coach said he told him he’d “had enough,” and the two should go for a walk to move away from the children.

[B]As the two walked from the dugout, the pitching coach’s wife made a comment, to which the man told her to “Shut up.”[/B] :eek:

The pitching coach said he then turned around to go after him, but that he fell over backwards without any physical contact occurring.

Another officer on the scene spoke with the team’s coach, who stated the two men were arguing on the field before they began to walk north, arguing and pushing each other. The coach said he separated the men, but they came together in a wrestling-like grip. The coach again separated them, at which point the father claimed the pitching coach had hit him. No one saw the physical contact.

Because both men were considered mutually responsible for the incident, neither was cited for assault or disorderly conduct. The team’s coach said both men are no longer allowed to participate in team activities.

However, both men have been permitted to continue cutting the grass on the field and picking up litter around the park. The first base coach was seen leaving the scene yelling "GO DICK HEADS!!"

_

Leave Airborne alone!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE]
    The pitching coach said he then turned around to go after him, but that he fell over backwards without any physical contact occurring.
    [/QUOTE]

this is my favorite part of the story lol

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Sports;4465938]Leave Airborne alone![/QUOTE]

when you start hearing voices in your head, that's when you go see a doctor, okay?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;4465941]this is my favorite part of the story lol[/QUOTE]

You gotta figure anyone stupid enough to get into a physical confrontation at a little league game cant walk to begin with, never mind fight.

:D
    -

Enuf already with these child molesters

As soon as you guys have kids I can see alot of you doing the very same thing thats making the news at LL games these days. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4466462]As soon as you guys have kids I can see alot of you doing the very same thing thats making the news at LL games these days. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I just think it's weird that no one had the foresight to sterilize you at birth.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4466462]As soon as you guys have kids I can see alot of you doing the very same thing thats making the news at LL games these days. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Do you TRY to be a douche or does it just come natural?

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4466465]I just think it's weird that no one had the foresight to sterilize you at birth.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2®;4466492]Do you TRY to be a douche or does it just come natural?[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4466462][B][SIZE="3"]As soon as you guys have kids I can see alot of you doing the very same thing thats making the news at LL games these days.[/SIZE][/B] :yes:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.

I have 4 kids, all played little league sports, travel sports and High School sports including baseball, soccer, hockey, basketball, lacrosse, track, softball, tennis, and football. My last guy is a junior in HS and plays ice hockey and lacrosse and will be a captain on both teams next year. I've helped coach all of them in every sport other than tennis and lacrosse. Been to almost every single game each of them has ever played.

I've never had an incident ever, and certainly not anything approaching what is "making the news at LL games these days"'.

I'm still not getting your unending compulsion to be a complete and utter dick on this forum.

I just don't get that pathology of it.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

Why the constant need to be a dick?

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4465936]
    but that he fell over backwards without any physical contact occurring.

_[/QUOTE]

Are we sure this wasn't 32Green after his 15th Pabst Blue Ribbon?

[QUOTE=JStokes;4466793]Hmmm.

I have 4 kids, all played little league sports, travel sports and High School sports including baseball, soccer, hockey, basketball, lacrosse, track, softball, tennis, and football. My last guy is a junior in HS and plays ice hockey and lacrosse and will be a captain on both teams next year. I've helped coach all of them in every sport other than tennis and lacrosse. Been to almost every single game each of them has ever played.

I've never had an incident ever, and certainly not anything approaching what is "making the news at LL games these days"'.

I'm still not getting your unending compulsion to be a complete and utter dick on this forum.

I just don't get that pathology of it.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

Why the constant need to be a dick?

_[/QUOTE]

Wow thats great,sounds like your children have athletics and leadership in their gene pool.

More dads should be like you and the world would be a better place.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4466793]Hmmm.

_[/QUOTE]

That's because you couldn't see over the heads of the parents sitting in front of you.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4466805]That's because you couldn't see over the heads of the parents sitting in front of you.[/QUOTE]

and he was known to pull a switcheroo by donning his son's uniform and cap whenever a hit was needed in the bottom of the ninth.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4466829]and he was known to pull a switcheroo by donning his son's uniform and cap whenever a hit was needed in the bottom of the ninth.[/QUOTE]

[Insert Eddie Gaedel image here]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4465936]
    Because both men were considered mutually responsible for the incident, neither was cited for assault or disorderly conduct.
    _[/QUOTE]

The pitching coach and the parent involved are examples of why there has been a decline in good ethics within sports (amateur and professional)... Seems like the dad didn't want to accept that his kid may have hand-eye coordination deficiencies in regards to batting... If parents stop living vicariously through their kids sports lives, we may see sports ethics rise to another level of standards...

In regards to the quoted statement above, (serious question) Is that even legal? I've never witnessed an incident in which both parties were equally at fault yet neither were cited/arrested... That's fictional in my area on the map...

[QUOTE=JStokes;4465936]

However, both men have been permitted to continue cutting the grass on the field and picking up litter around the park. The first base coach was seen leaving the scene yelling "GO DICK HEADS!!"

_[/QUOTE]

LOLz...totally missed this part.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4465936][url]http://explorernews.com/news/article_70ac8bd2-9958-11e1-add1-001a4bcf887a.html[/url]

[B][SIZE="3"]Police Report - Little League fathers fight over pitching [/SIZE][/B]

Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 3:01 pm | Updated: 4:49 pm, Tue May 8, 2012

No charges were filed against two dads apparently involved in an altercation during a CDO Little League game on April 28 at James Kreigh Park.

According to police reports, around 8:25 a.m. an Oro Valley police officer was flagged down at James Kreigh Park by a man who informed the officer[B] he had just been assaulted by a man who was serving as the pitching coach on his son’s little league team.[/B]

[B]The man, who helped coach his sons’ Little League team,[/B] [B]said he was coaching first base while another dad, who also helped coach the team, was pitching to his son.[/B]

When the pitching coach struck his son out, the man said, “stop lobbing the ball.” According to the police report, the man told the father who had been pitching to stop pitching a certain way to his son. [B]After a heated discussion, one of the father’s said, he wanted to “take this off the field,” to which the other father agreed.[/B]

On the way past the dugout, the man told police that [B]the pitching coach struck him in the ear.[/B]

In a statement to the police, the pitching coach said throughout the season, [B]the other father openly heckled coaches and kids during the games[/B]. After the man made a comment about lobbing the ball, the pitching coach said he told him he’d “had enough,” and the two should go for a walk to move away from the children.

[B]As the two walked from the dugout, the pitching coach’s wife made a comment, to which the man told her to “Shut up.”[/B] :eek:

Another officer on the scene spoke with the team’s coach, who stated the two men were arguing on the field before they began to walk north, arguing and pushing each other. The coach said he separated the men, but they came together in a wrestling-like grip. The coach again separated them, at which point the father claimed the pitching coach had hit him. No one saw the physical contact.

Because both men were considered mutually responsible for the incident, neither was cited for assault or disorderly conduct. The team’s coach said both men are no longer allowed to participate in team activities.

_[/QUOTE]

this sounds like that fantasy football league Lister ran here. actually this little league sounds less disastrous.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

My head hurt after reading that article. If anyone should be physically assaulted, it's the writer.

[I]"The coach said something to the coach and the coach did x but the coach's wife said y then teh coach blah blah blah..."[/I]

Jesus H. Christ man, take a friggin writing course or something.