Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vince Young to join Bills

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Vince Young to join Bills

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7919307/sources-qb-vince-young-gets-1-year-deal-bills[/url]

Quarterback Vince Young has agreed to a one-year, $2 million contract with the Buffalo Bills, league sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Young can earn another $1 million in incentives, sources said. He is expected to join the team Monday. Young worked out for the Bills at the beginning of the month.

Young, in a statement released Friday afternoon, thanked general manager Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey.

"I am looking forward to playing with the guys and helping where I am needed," Young said. "I have always respected the Bills organization and I am looking forward to being a part of the team."

Young spent last season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He struggled in six games and threw for 866 yards, four touchdowns and nine interceptions. Young also had a career-low 60.8 passer rating in 2011.

"We think adding Vince to our roster will create more competition for the backup quarterback position," Nix said in a statement. "He brings with him some unique physical abilities that most are aware of and that will make the competition interesting. It's all about improving our team."

Young has had an up-and-down career since being selected third overall by the Tennessee Titans in the 2006 draft. He was the NFL's offensive rookie of the year, but lost his starting job on several occasions in Tennessee before the Titans ran out of patience with him.

I always liked Vince Young and hope he eventually gets on track to be a good NFL QB. If the NYJETS didnt sign Tebow he would have been a viable option.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4466293]If the NYJETS didnt sign Tebow [B]he would have been a viable option.[/B][/QUOTE]

srsly?

Dream team

The Amish Rifle, Kid Accuracy and now Vince Young. Not bad for the Bills.

Would trade QB rosters with them in a heartbeat.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;4466296]srsly?[/QUOTE]

Better than Brunell.

The Bills QBs are definitely more accurate than our guys:

[B]BILLS QB CAREER COMPLETION PERCENTAGE:[/B]
    Ryan Fitzpatrick: 59.2
    Vince Young: 57.9
    Alex Tanny (projected): 100.0
    ------------------------------
    Average: 72.3

[B]JETS QB CAREER COMPLETION PERCENTAGE:[/B]
    Mark Sanchez: 55.3
    Tim Tebow: 47.3
    Average: 51.3

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JV51;4466300]Dream team[/QUOTE]

LOL, I remember him saying that and :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jxc;4466329]The Bills QBs are definitely more accurate than our guys:

[B][COLOR=red]Alex Tanny (projected): 100.0[/COLOR][/B]

Average: 51.3[/QUOTE]

Nothing like skewing the results. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Jordy;4466340]Nothing like skewing the results. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    It's a reasonable projection based on sound analysis of his "Trick Shot" YouTube video. :yes:

All League
    [QUOTE=jxc;4466329]The Bills QBs are definitely more accurate than our guys:

[B]Alex Tanny (projected): 100.0[/B]

Average: 51.3[/QUOTE]

That's good stuff!!

All League
    [QUOTE=Austin;4466318]Better than Brunell.[/QUOTE]

Young is so much better than any of the Jets' backup QB's it is unreal.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4466288][url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7919307/sources-qb-vince-young-gets-1-year-deal-bills[/url]

Quarterback Vince Young has agreed to a one-year, $2 million contract with the Buffalo Bills, league sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Young can earn another $1 million in incentives, sources said. He is expected to join the team Monday. Young worked out for the Bills at the beginning of the month.

Young, in a statement released Friday afternoon, thanked general manager Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey.

"I am looking forward to playing with the guys and helping where I am needed," Young said. "I have always respected the Bills organization and I am looking forward to being a part of the team."

Young spent last season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He struggled in six games and threw for 866 yards, four touchdowns and nine interceptions. Young also had a career-low 60.8 passer rating in 2011.

"We think adding Vince to our roster will create more competition for the backup quarterback position," Nix said in a statement. "He brings with him some unique physical abilities that most are aware of and that will make the competition interesting. It's all about improving our team."

Young has had an up-and-down career since being selected third overall by the Tennessee Titans in the 2006 draft. He was the NFL's offensive rookie of the year, but lost his starting job on several occasions in Tennessee before the Titans ran out of patience with him.[/QUOTE]

Is the back up QB pool this bad????

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jxc;4466365]It's a reasonable projection based on sound analysis of his "Trick Shot" YouTube video. :yes:[/QUOTE]

lol. that was pretty good.

[QUOTE=freestater;4466468]lol. that was pretty good.[/QUOTE]
    It's my sense of humor that sustains me as a Jets fan. :)

All Pro
    [B]"I have always respected the Bills organization."[/B]

haha

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4466431]Young is so much better than any of the Jets' backup QB's it is unreal.[/QUOTE]

did you see any of his 2011?

he was beyond bad, it was actually sad to see.

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4466565]did you see any of his 2011?

he was beyond bad, it was actually sad to see.[/QUOTE]

He beat the Superbowl champs.

Vince Young is salvageable, hope he can stick somewhere before he gets too old.

[QUOTE=LockeJET;4466288][url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7919307/sources-qb-vince-young-gets-1-year-deal-bills[/url]

Young has had an up-and-down career since being selected third overall by the Tennessee Titans in the 2006 draft. He was the NFL's offensive rookie of the year, but lost his starting job on several occasions in Tennessee before the Titans ran out of patience with him.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they plan to use him in their wildcat with Brad smith.

People used to think that Vince Young was a magical winner too. Of course, our magical winner doesn't have the mental issues that Young does. Remember when he just disappeared when he was in Tennessee?