Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 89

Thread: Belicheat Hires His Brat

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it is pathetic when someone uses nepotism to get his first NFL gig. I mean Rex Ryan had to get into the NFL on his own. His first coaching gig was for a guy named Buddy Ryan in Arizona. Rex would have been a head coach sooner if he had a father coaching in the NFL who could hand him a coaching assistant gig.

    It is kinda funny that people would be trashing Belichick for giving his son a job when the Jets' head coach is a product of nepotism himself to get his foot in the door in the NFL.

    Seriously, there are a lot of good coaches in the NFL who have been a product of nepotism.

    As for the other crap mentioned in this thread, it isn't worth responding to.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 05-11-2012 at 08:09 PM.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    BB was separated from his wife when he "cheated" on her. Talk about a reach in a lame attempt to spew hate. I'm sure you have the highest moral character imaginable.

    Take a chill pill, and then ask Woody Johnson & Johnson what he thinks of nepotism.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 05-11-2012 at 08:13 PM.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Yeah, it is pathetic when someone uses nepotism to get his first NFL gig. I mean Rex Ryan had to get into the NFL on his own. His first coaching gig was for a guy named Buddy Ryan in Arizona. Rex would have been a head coach sooner if he had a father coaching in the NFL who could hand him a coaching assistant gig.

    It is kinda funny that people would be trashing Belichick for giving his son a job when the Jets' head coach is a product of nepotism himself to get his foot in the door in the NFL.

    Seriously, there are a lot of good coaches in the NFL who have been a product of nepotism.

    As for the other crap mentioned in this thread, it isn't worth responding to.
    Rex coached in college first...

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Rex coached in college first...
    LMAO....And who do you think got him that college job?

    Jets Rex Ryan got first coaching job thanks to daddy


    Before Rex Ryan became the irresistible face of the New York City tabloids, jabbing at Peyton Manning and Bill Belichick, he was merely a 24-year-old football junkie who needed his first real job in the game. In 1987, Roy Kidd, 79, was working at his Eastern Kentucky University office when his secretary told him that Buddy Ryan, the Philadelphia Eagles head coach, was on the phone. Kidd had never met Ryan — Rex or Buddy. “His dad asked if I had any openings,” Kidd said. “I told him I didn’t have any for a full-time guy, but I had one for a graduate assistant.” Sold.

    Louisville Courier-Journal
    http://benmaller.com/2011/01/jets-re...anks-to-daddy/

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    He STILL coached in college AFTER that...

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anything, that proves Buddy wanted his kid to earn it...

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    He STILL coached in college AFTER that...
    Yes, but we'll never know if he ever would have gotten the second job, if Buddy hadn't handed him the first.

    Look, I find nothing wrong with that form of nepotism. It's the way of the world. But the OP is being ridiculous trying to make an issue of of this.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Yes, but we'll never know if he ever would have gotten the second job, if Buddy hadn't handed him the first.

    Look, I find nothing wrong with that form of nepotism. It's the way of the world. But the OP is being ridiculous trying to make an issue of of this.
    The thread is dumb but if you can't see the difference in the opportunities presented to the individuals we're discussing you're not helping bring substance to an already ****ty thread...

  9. #29
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,651
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    The thread is dumb
    Fixed

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Fixed

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by regen View Post
    Belly cheated on his wife by sleeping with another man's wife, leading his own wife to divorce him, and
    He is a loathsome man primarily because he's a mean-spirited, dour old fart. However according to surveys 50% of US men cheat on their wives at some point in their lives so I am guessing 50% of married Jets fans will cheat on their wives at some point in their life.
    q.e.d. this is not a qualification for loathsome.

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Rex coached in college first...
    Bill Belichick never coached in college. His first coaching job ever was for the Baltimore Colts straight out of college.

    Buddy Ryan was a high school coach for many years and then went on to coach at the college level for several years before he entered the NFL.

    Belichick and Buddy Ryan followed two very different career paths to Head Coach in the NFL. Both seem to wanted to see their kids follow a similar path to the NFL. I'm sure if Belichick spent many years in at the college ranks, he would want his kid to do the same. But Belichick has only worked in the NFL from day one in his coaching career.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    He is a loathsome man primarily because he's a mean-spirited, dour old fart. However according to surveys 50% of US men cheat on their wives at some point in their lives so I am guessing 50% of married Jets fans will cheat on their wives at some point in their life.
    q.e.d. this is not a qualification for loathsome.
    I know you're not a statistician, so you're obviously generalizing... You can't take a stat (probably inflated by you) intended for all American males and apply it to a specific group of individuals with the same result...

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    BB was separated from his wife when he "cheated" on her. Talk about a reach in a lame attempt to spew hate. I'm sure you have the highest moral character imaginable.

    Take a chill pill, and then ask Woody Johnson & Johnson what he thinks of nepotism.
    You're really low- Woody Johnson's daughter DIED. Throwing stones at a parent who lost their child shows just how low you trolls will sink. Once again, you attack me instead of addressing the facts. You're all like Belly with your rationalizations of cheating and lying by saying "Hey, we all do it."

    And whether or not BB "cheated" on his wife is besides the point- he was sleeping with another man's wife- who was married at the time- which gets you killed in many societies. Rationalize that, Guido. Go ahead- it might prove amusing how you can heap scorn on a father who's lost his daughter while lauding a man who cuckholds another man.
    Last edited by regen; 05-11-2012 at 09:14 PM.

  15. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good ****ing Lord. Who cares?!

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by regen View Post
    You're really low- Woody Johnson's daughter DIED. Throwing stones at a parent who lost their child shows just how low you trolls will sink. Once again, you attack me instead of addressing the facts. You're all like Belly with your rationalizations of cheating and lying by saying "Hey, we all do it."

    And whether or not BB "cheated" on his wife is besides the point- he was sleeping with another man's wife- who was married at the time- which gets you killed in many societies. Rationalize that, Guido. Go ahead- it might prove amusing how you can heap scorn on a father who's lost his daughter while lauding a man who cuckholds another man.
    Not big on comprehension I see. Must get in the way of all the hate. WTF does Woody's deceased daughter have to do with anything? My reference to ''Woody Johnson & Johnson'' would be understood by most high schoolers to reflect the fact that Woody's no self made man. It was family money that got him where he is today. Nepotism. Capishe?

    I'll wait right here for your apology.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Good ****ing Lord. Who cares?!
    +2! I'm quoting you because nobody gives a damn what I wrote earlier in this thread that was highly relevant, so we can share our irrelevance.

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,134
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Not big on comprehension I see. Must get in the way of all the hate. WTF does Woody's deceased daughter have to do with anything? My reference to ''Woody Johnson & Johnson'' would be understood by most high schoolers to reflect the fact that Woody's no self made man. It was family money that got him where he is today. Nepotism. Capishe?

    I'll wait right here for your apology.
    There's a difference between inheriting a company and nepotism (i.e. while Jonthan Kraft will someday own the Pats, does anyone really think little Stevie will be the HC of NE some day?) Kinda like the difference between cheating on your wife and cheating on your wife with another man's wife- or do you think that's okay Guido?

    As far as waiting for an apology, I suggest you take a deep breath and let it out when you read my apology. Maybe BB should apologize to the guy who's wife he was boning, though I'm not holding my breath on that.

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fascinating thread. Makes me feel like I'm back on Mars, my original homeland.

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    Fascinating thread. Makes me feel like I'm back on Mars, my original homeland.
    Two pages about a low level hire of a kid who's gonna grab coffee. Seriously Jets fans?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us