Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will have the better statistical year?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4466681]You do realize his "regression year" turned in 32 TDs and 3,500 yards, right?

I'm not defending him, but how exactly do you expect those #s to be a "distant third" behind Luck and RGIII?[/QUOTE]

Because I fear Sanchez has already reached the peak of what he is capable of. Yes, you're right he did in fact statistically improve his numbers, but by such a miniscule amount that he might as well have regressed. In fact, the improvement was so small that most are calling it regression.

In the cases of Luck and RGIII, their respective organizations will put those two young QB's in the best position to succeed. Both are considered to be sure fire successes. That's never been the case with Sanchez. Sanchez came out too early. The Jets put him in the best possible position to succeed even much moreso than any team has ever done for their young QB.

So what did we get for that? 12 TD's and 20 Interceptions and I don't know how many fumbles? He was horrible his rookie year. Now, everyone talks about his very fragile mindset and that the Jets should never have gotten any competition for starting spot? WTF is that all about?

If he can't handle a little stress he shouldn't be an NFL QB, let alone a starting QB in NY.

From here on out I think Sanchez's number will decrease. NFL defenses have never changed their approach in defending Sanchez. They don't take him seriously and they don't believe he presents a threat. They always crowd the box and shut down the running game. They challenge Sanchez to win the game through the air and he's promptly gone into the fetal position each and every time.

I think the Jets will bench Sanchez at some point this season and start Tebow. Then, in the offseason the Jets will cut Sanchez and be back in the market for a starting NFL QB.

Like I said before, I do hope this isn't true but what reason would I have to believe any otherwise?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4466687]Because I fear Sanchez has already reached the peak of what he is capable of. Yes, you're right he did in fact statistically improve his numbers, but by such a miniscule amount that he might as well have regressed. In fact, the improvement was so small that most are calling it regression.

In the cases of Luck and RGIII, their respective organizations will put those two young QB's in the best position to succeed. Both are considered to be sure fire successes. That's never been the case with Sanchez. Sanchez came out too early. The Jets put him in the best possible position to succeed even much moreso than any team has ever done for their young QB.

So what did we get for that? 12 TD's and 20 Interceptions and I don't know how many fumbles? He was horrible his rookie year. Now, everyone talks about his very fragile mindset and that the Jets should never have gotten any competition for starting spot? WTF is that all about?

If he can't handle a little stress he shouldn't be an NFL QB, let alone a starting QB in NY.

From here on out I think Sanchez's number will decrease. NFL defenses have never changed their approach in defending Sanchez. They don't take him seriously and they don't believe he presents a threat. They always crowd the box and shut down the running game. They challenge Sanchez to win the game through the air and he's promptly gone into the fetal position each and every time.

I think the Jets will bench Sanchez at some point this season and start Tebow. Then, in the offseason the Jets will cut Sanchez and be back in the market for a starting NFL QB.

Like I said before, I do hope this isn't true but what reason would I have to believe any otherwise?[/QUOTE]

good post but i think tebow can improve and be a capable starter and we will not need to look for another QB in 2013. Otherwise agree with everything :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4466475]Sanchez, Luck or RG3?

Granted the jets will probably run it into the ground and lose snaps to Tebow but Sanchez should have his chances to go deep[/QUOTE]

I don't really care what Luck or RGIII do in 2012.

The media is finally given access to Tim in the locker room after practice:

"This is kind of the first time I've had to talk to y'all, so it's really not exhausting at all," Tebow said Thursday with a big grin. "I think it's more if you let it become exhausting. I really don't. I just have fun and live my life and am thankful I don't have to worry about it too much."

On the 'who's the Jet's starter bs?

Can the two players even co-exist on a team that is still trying to recover from locker room in-fighting that helped derail last season? "I think it'll be great," Tebow said of he and Sanchez playing together. "We have a great relationship, we're friends. We hang in the locker room and also outside the complex, so I think it'll be great."

But what did Mark say when the media asked him?

"I think it's been nothing but positive to this point and that's the way I anticipate it in the future," Sanchez said. "It's been fun."

Tight End Dustin Keller said. "They get along really well, have a good working relationship. Tim's just a great guy and you can't be mad at the guy. They brought him in and he has been working hard, and that's all you can ask for." Keller has seen the two talk constantly around the facility, and even play jokes on each other.

What was the result the last time that Tim was put in this 1-B QB position?

2006 A raw rookie true freshman, taking 18% of the 14 games snaps, behind Sr QB Chris Leak:

Passing - 22 of 33 for 358 yds, 66.7%, 16.3 yds/comp, 10.8 yds/att, long 55 yds, 5 TD's, 1 Int, PER 201.7
    Rushing - 89 for 469 yds, 5.3 ypc, long 29 yds, 8 TD's.
    Total Offense on 122 plays - 827 yds, 6.8 yds/play, 13 TD's.
    Season Highlights:
    Tim scored all 3 TD's against 11-2 LSU.
    In the BCS-NC game, Tim had a passing TD to end the 1st half and a rushing TD in the 4th quarter.
    Without Tim's very important contributions, UF doesn't win the SEC-C or the BCS-NC.

So just maybe with Mark and Tim working together, the Jet's have a real shot at winning another SB? :cool:

PS

Chris Leak finished his UF career as the All Time Passing Yds Record holder with 13,000+ yds.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Granted the jets will probably run it into the ground and lose snaps to Tebow but Sanchez should have his chances to go deep[/QUOTE]

RG3
    Luck

Sanchez

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4466680]Luck, RGIII, and then a very distant Sanchez. I wish I had the confidence to rate Sanchez higher [B]but the facts are the facts.[/B]

He regressed in year 3. He folded up like a lawnchair in the last 3 games of last season. Total failure. He's making the same dumb mistakes over and over again. He's still the same moron that takes 1/3 of every game as a break before he can do anything offensively. He still stares down his intended receiver. He still cannot read defenses. He's still horribly inaccurate. He's turnover prone. He's still a whiny little p*ssy that cannot handle having any competition because it might thrust his vagina into a tizzy.

I'm rooting for Sanchez to suddenly become a man and take control of the offense, but I doubt he'll ever be capable of such a feat.[/QUOTE]

Actually, considering that 2/3 of the QBs in question haven't played yet, there are no facts.

So yeah.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4466687]Because I fear Sanchez has already reached the peak of what he is capable of. Yes, you're right he did in fact statistically improve his numbers, but by such a miniscule amount that he might as well have regressed. In fact, the improvement was so small that most are calling it regression.

Like I said before, I do hope this isn't true but [B]what reason would I have to believe any otherwise?[/B][/QUOTE]

In regards to Luck and RGIII, one is on a completely rebuilding team, and the other is on a completely dysfunctional team. Perhaps both change that, but objectively you can't think they're gonna come out guns ablazin'.

But that has nothing to do with Sanchez. If you think he's "peaked" then there's probably no convincing you otherwise. I'd just ask is that your opinion of EVERY QB? That their 1st three years in the league are all you need to know about how successful their career will be? Did you feel that way about Eli? Brees? Is Freeman pretty much done in TB?

What about Schotty? Is it at least POSSIBLE that a change in system could benefit Sanchez? Could Hill/Kerley stop the revolving door at WR he's had to deal with his whole career? How about a full training camp where he isn't coming in as a rookie or off an injury? He hasn't had one of those yet, right?

I don't know what the future holds -- he certainly isn't doing the best Brady/Manning/Rodgers impersonation so far. But to already "know he's done"? I just don't see it.

The glass is what the glass is -- whether you see it half-empty or half-full is completely up to the observer . . .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally expect Sanchez to rate higher than luck or rd3. It should come out Sanchez rg3 then luck

All 3 have the ability but Sanchez has the superior oline and threat of a running game. The biggest factor in Sanchez stats should be the game plan of run vs pass each week.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4466718]

All 3 have the ability but Sanchez has the [B][U]superior oline[/U][/B] and threat of a running game.

[/QUOTE]

Did I miss where the Jets drafted a top notch RT?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez will outplay Luck easily.

Not sure I'd bet against RG3. I think he's gonna have a Cam Newtonesque rookie season and win ROY.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4466731]Did I miss where the Jets drafted a top notch RT?[/QUOTE]

No. You missed something called "life".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4466731]Did I miss where the Jets drafted a top notch RT?[/QUOTE]

Even without an all pro RT the jets oline will be superior to the colts and skins, do you disagree?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Why must you troll so incessantly? On the rare occasions when you choose to actually be neutral and have a real discussion you provide valuable insight. To bad those moments come far and few between.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

why would someone with sanchez as an avatar, start a thread that gives the haters & trolls free shots to trash the guy??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;4466775]why would someone with sanchez as an avatar, start a thread that gives the haters & trolls free shots to trash the guy??[/QUOTE]

Just healthy offseason discussion

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4466778][B]Just healthy discussion[/B][/QUOTE]

No such thing around here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4466782]No such thing around here.[/QUOTE]

both sad & very true.. the kid has been a game away from the SB twice in three years as a pro but he still gets no love at JI.. you can't make this stuff up..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4466764]Even without an all pro RT the jets oline will be superior to the colts and skins, do you disagree?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the Jets still need a JAG RT, right now, they don't even have one on their roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;4466790]both sad & very true.. the kid has been a game away from the SB twice in three years as a pro but he still gets no love at JI.. you can't make this stuff up..[/QUOTE]

Anybody who criticizes Sanchez is a doosh. We are lucky to have him.

Its not his fault Schotty called bad plays that made him throw a lot of INTs.

The only reason why he holds onto the ball for so long is b.c he is trying to give the WRs a chance to get open. He wants his teammates to do well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4466794]Yes, but the Jets still need a JAG RT, right now, they don't even have one on their roster.[/QUOTE]

The Jets are currently non-competitive at the RT position.

I don't care if Wayne Hunter has an All-Pro year, they still made the wrong decision by keeping him and not bringing anyone else in. Very risky gamble that should never be taken. Doesn't matter if it works out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4466812]Anybody who criticizes Sanchez is a doosh. We are lucky to have him.

Its not his fault Schotty called bad plays that made him throw a lot of INTs.

The only reason why he holds onto the ball for so long is b.c he is trying to give the WRs a chance to get open. He wants his teammates to do well.[/QUOTE]

schotty made him throw int's lol what is sanchez's next excuse............so i guess audibles were banned during gametime...........:rolleyes:

he holds onto the ball because he wants his teammates to do well.............you can't make this up lol