Thread: Man City winn EPL

Practice Squad

Man City winn EPL

First title in 44 years.

Holy shlt what a game it was. Crazy last day for the EPL. Certainly made some new soccer fans today for that ending.

The look on Alex Fergusons face was priceless when he heard that City had scored 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of stoppage time.

All I can say is wow

Tottenham fans all now rooting for Bayern Munich.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Which is pretty ironic as Spurs have a heavy Jewish influence at the club.

To the OP - yes, totally agree - watched the game. Best finish at the English top level in my living memory. Love the 'Hey Jude' song they sing at the end of their games (think they've changed the words to Hey Blue?)

European football has something to it where every club has something to play for at the end of the season, not just draft picks. So these days are always awesome sporting theatre - but that finish was one out of the box and dare I say it, an absolute cracker (Raoul has mandated I have to use that word once every ten posts in this forum )

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Martin Fulop should thank his lucky stars that I live half a world away. What a friggin' embarrassment........

Jets Insider VIP
    ZOMG what a finish

Craziest ending to a season ever.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Which is pretty ironic as Spurs have a heavy Jewish influence at the club.

To the OP - yes, totally agree - watched the game. Best finish at the English top level in my living memory. Love the 'Hey Jude' song they sing at the end of their games (think they've changed the words to Hey Blue?)

European football has something to it where every club has something to play for at the end of the season, not just draft picks. So these days are always awesome sporting theatre - but that finish was one out of the box and dare I say it, an absolute cracker (Raoul has mandated I have to use that word once every ten posts in this forum )
    I thought it was great seeing the elation of Man Un fans after their win only to realize 10 minutes later that it was for naught. MC was getting noticeably better last year and I expected this turn in the premier leagues. This will grow the sport even more and its already the biggest international sport available.
    If Raoul insists you use cracker that often, you could make a sig that says, "where is Razor, that Arkansas bred cracker'. I'll not be offended.

All Pro
    Any video?

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    I thought it was great seeing the elation of Man Un fans after their win only to realize 10 minutes later that it was for naught. MC was getting noticeably better last year and I expected this turn in the premier leagues. This will grow the sport even more and its already the biggest international sport available.
    If Raoul insists you use cracker that often, you could make a sig that says, "where is Razor, that Arkansas bred cracker'. I'll not be offended.
    Ha ha - the word cracker I think is a word used over there for white country people or something? Over here its a shortening of the word "firecracker" - so a cracker is some special event that not only goes of with a bang but is a great spectacle. Maybe Raoul thought I was using your meaning of the word?

BRJ - should be a stack of video on the net - the youtube stuff is usually taken down pretty quick but other sites should be available.

Has just been pointed out to me that Joey Barton scored a hatrick in the game. First player to have 3 of the major off the ball incidents covered in one passage of play: an elbow, a kick, and a headbutt.
    Says a lot about him that when it happened I glanced at the TV screen, realised it was Barton, then returned to my PC and poker game as I'd seen it all before.

Here's the original incident about 30 seconds before that above (they're calling him Metta World Barton!):

Last edited by Soberphobia; 05-14-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ha ha - the word cracker I think is a word used over there for white country people or something? Over here its a shortening of the word "firecracker" - so a cracker is some special event that not only goes of with a bang but is a great spectacle. Maybe Raoul thought I was using your meaning of the word?

BRJ - should be a stack of video on the net - the youtube stuff is usually taken down pretty quick but other sites should be available.
    I have no clue if 'cracker' has any other meaning. I just never heard it used like you do.

But may I be the first to say:

Veteran
    Man city finish take takes the cake but there were quite a few great finishes yesterday; Montpellier scoring at the last second (), Olympiacos beating Ivan drago erm CSKA Moscow with 0.7 seconds on the clock.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Man city finish take takes the cake but there were quite a few great finishes yesterday; Montpellier scoring at the last second (), Olympiacos beating Ivan drago erm CSKA Moscow with 0.7 seconds on the clock.
    Another day at the office?

Fans clash, Galatasaray wins Turkish title

Copyright AFP 2012.Published Date:13/05/2012 09:52:00 AM
    Tags:Football, Soc, TurkishFans clash, Galatasaray wins Turkish title

Related News

Galatasaray lifted the Turkish title for the 18th time on Saturday after a goalless draw saw them deny rivals Fenerbahce, but crowd trouble marred the occasion as tensions escalated amid an enquiry into alleged match-fixing.

Flag-waving Galatasaray fans greeted their success with a noisy concert of klaxons as thousands descended on Istanbul's Taksim thoroughfare.

But riot police had to deploy water cannon and tear gas to separate rival groups of fans as they exited Fenerbahce's Sukru Saracoglu as emotions threatened to get out of hand, the Anatolia news agency reported.

During the afternoon, three Fenerbahce's supporters were hurt in clashes and another person in an incident between Galatasaray fans and Greek supporters in town to follow Euroleage basketball action, Anatolia reported.
    Istanbul was hosting that encounter Sunday between Greek side Olympiakos and Russia's CSKA Moscow.

The traditional rivalry between Galatasaray and Fenerbahce has been underscored this season by the investigation into match-fixing.

Fenerbahce's won the title but the ongoing investigation, which saw the club's chairman remanded in custody, saw Turkey's Football Federation withdraw them from the Champions League.

Has just been pointed out to me that Joey Barton scored a hatrick in the game. First player to have 3 of the major off the ball incidents covered in one passage of play: an elbow, a kick, and a headbutt.
    Says a lot about him that when it happened I glanced at the TV screen, realised it was Barton, then returned to my PC and poker game as I'd seen it all before.

Here's the original incident about 30 seconds before that above (they're calling him Metta World Barton!):

That guy is crazy but he did get hit in the face first.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Another day at the office?
    you get arguably the four craziest sets of fans (GS, FB, Pana and Oly) in one city with two of them playing for the Turkish championship and the other two playing for the euroleage championship it was relatively quiet

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    you get arguably the four craziest sets of fans (GS, FB, Pana and Oly) in one city with two of them playing for the Turkish championship and the other two playing for the euroleage championship it was relatively quiet
    Still no "I'm a Daddy" Thread?

WLF?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Still no "I'm a Daddy" Thread?

WLF?
    any day now...