Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NYJETS QB coach speaks about Mark Sanchez

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4467322]All qb's take big hits, the good ones bounce back.
    I don't see a direct correlation with taking a hit and then throwing a pick 6 td while not being under any pressure.

I'm not done with hoping he will be ok. [B] I just don't like to hear people giving him a pass, or placing blame elsewhere when his own coaches are saying HE needs to play better.[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but this is no more than some urban myth floating around Jetland.

Do people make excuses for his poor play? Sure. Shaky OL, Schotty too complex, WR corp too inconsistent . . . do you disagree with ANY of them? Do you think it's even POSSIBLE they may have contributed to his less than stellar performance?

But for all the excuses I've heard, they've NEVER "given Mark a pass". They've always acknowledged he needs to improve if he wants to be the future of this franchise.

The argument isn't over whether he was "good" or not last year -- it's about what he can still be NEXT YEAR and beyond. Some posters have already given up on him, others haven't. This year is likely going to go a long way towards proving who is right . . .

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4467337]Just curious but what statistics are you looking at?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not going to waste my time to list here only to have people point out how flawed the statistics are due to the number of throws he made, the offensive lines poor yards per run avg., the wr inability to get open, no deep threat, etc..

In addition to my own eyes, my opinions are formed from website that many NFL teams use themselves. I also have read every article I could find on the Jets offensive line last year... Sure you can find a few that say Hunter is bad, but none of them that actually look at the stats have them rated lower than 17.

You know what the only difference between 2009, 2010 and last year?

Mark Sanchez was not pressured at all in those 2 years, while last year he was pressured like an average qb and folded.

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4467361]Sorry, not going to waste my time to list here only to have people point out how flawed the statistics are due to the number of throws he made, the offensive lines poor yards per run avg., the wr inability to get open, no deep threat, etc..

In addition to my own eyes, my opinions are formed from website that many NFL teams use themselves. I also have read every article I could find on the Jets offensive line last year... Sure you can find a few that say Hunter is bad, but none of them that actually look at the stats have them rated lower than 17.

You know what the only difference between 2009, 2010 and last year?

[B]Mark Sanchez was not pressured at all in those 2 years, while last year he was pressured like an average qb and folded[/B].[/QUOTE]

What QB in the league overcomes pressure? It's pretty damn hard to make plays when you are running for your life, or hit from behind when you don't see it coming. This happens to every QB in the league, HOF QB's..

Dumb statement.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4467362]What QB in the league overcomes pressure? It's pretty damn hard to make plays when you are running for your life, or hit from behind when you don't see it coming. This happens to every QB in the league, HOF QB's..

Dumb statement.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, the knock on Tom Brady is "knock him down a few times and you'll totally throw him off his game". . .

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4467362]What QB in the league overcomes pressure? It's pretty damn hard to make plays when you are running for your life, or hit from behind when you don't see it coming. This happens to every QB in the league, HOF QB's..

[B]Dumb statement[/B].[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

Eli Manning was the most pressured QB last year and he also rated the best (highest qbr) under pressure in the entire league.

Do HOF QB's rank dead last throwing under pressure like Sanchez did last year?
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 05-13-2012 at 11:14 PM.

[QUOTE=OCCH;4467363]Funny thing is, the knock on Tom Brady is "knock him down a few times and you'll totally throw him off his game". . .[/QUOTE]

And the other funny thing is that it's not really accurate.

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4467372]Indeed.

Eli Manning was the most pressured QB last year and he also rated the best under pressure in the entire league.

Do HOF QB's rank dead last throwing under pressure like Sanchez did last year?[/QUOTE]

You're going to have to do a lot better than that.

The Giants finished a whole 1 game better than the Jets did last year. As it was suggested in this thread, Sanchez had put up pretty good numbers, and then the team imploded in the final 3 weeks. Did you skip right over that part?

How did Eli perform during that stretch last year when the Giants went 2-6? :rolleyes:

Eli has also been in the league a lot longer than Sanchez has...

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4467374]And the other funny thing is that it's not really accurate.[/QUOTE]

And you would be wrong.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4467376]You're going to have to do a lot better than that.

The Giants finished a whole 1 game better than the Jets did last year. As it was suggested in this thread, Sanchez had put up pretty good numbers, and then the team imploded in the final 3 weeks. Did you skip right over that part?

How did Eli perform during that stretch last year when the Giants went 2-6? :rolleyes:

Eli has also been in the league a lot longer than Sanchez has...[/QUOTE]

Why do I need to do better than that and what's regular season record have anything to do with this argument?

You said name a QB who performs well under pressure (because you said i made a dumb statement remember?) and I gave you one who was pressurd 240 plus times vs Sanchez's 173 times and who also rated number one over all in qbr during those 240 snaps vs Sanchez who ranked dead last in Qbr in those 173 snaps.

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4467385]Why do I need to do better than that and what's regular season record have anything to do with this argument?

You said name a QB who performs well under pressure (because you said i made a dumb statement remember?) and I gave you one who was pressured 240 plus times vs Sanchez's 173 times and who also rated number one over all in qbr during those 240 snaps vs Sanchez who ranked dead last in Qbr in those 173 snaps.[/QUOTE]

It was a dumb statement.

QB pressures aren't all the same. Eli also had weapons that played hard, they bought into the offense they were running. Sanchez didn't have that luxury, he had WR's that didn't run hard all the time, didn't get themselves open and didn't help overcome the pass rush as Manning and his weapons did. There a ton to debate here, it's not apples to apples.

You still also ignored the fact Eli and the Giants still only won 1 more game than the Jets last year, and went on a run.

BTW, did you bother to take out the 3 playoff games and the SB game?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4467374]And the other funny thing is that it's not really accurate.[/QUOTE]

It is completely accurate. More than 3 hits in the pocket, and GUARANTEED the Bradyface comes out.

Its the dooshenozzle's only downfall actually.:(

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4467361]Sorry, not going to waste my time to list here only to have people point out how flawed the statistics are due to the number of throws he made, the offensive lines poor yards per run avg., the wr inability to get open, no deep threat, etc..

[B]In addition to my own eyes, my opinions are formed from website that many NFL teams use themselves. I also have read every article I could find on the Jets offensive line last year... Sure you can find a few that say Hunter is bad, but none of them that actually look at the stats have them rated lower than 17.[/b][/QUOTE]

I'm looking at NFL.com bro. Jets were 29th in yards per carry and 20th in sacks allowed.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jxc;4467355]Some guys take a pounding and sulk, some don't.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7Q01821q-Hg[/url][/QUOTE]

Yeah, why didn't Sanchez just throw it up for Calvin Johnson to catch? I don't get it. :rolleyes:

Oh, that's right, we don't have a player anywhere near the same zipcode as CJ. We've got Holmes b!tching about the offense in the huddle while Sanchez is getting ready to call a play and hoping that Wayne Hunter doesn't impersonate a turnstile again.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 05-14-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4467396]I'm looking at NFL.com bro. Jets were 29th in yards per carry and 20th in sacks allowed.[/QUOTE]

So no running game and the QB was running for his life???? And he had a whiny Holmes and a currently unsigned Plaxico Burress as his go-to guys last year???? I agree with those critical of Sanchez, he clearly should have thrown for 30+ TD's with that kind of offense! :P

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4467361]
    Mark Sanchez was not pressured at all in those 2 years, while last year he was pressured like an average qb and folded.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that that, my eyes told me that too many times he was walloped onto his ass before there was a three count. That said, there were also those plays where he was relatively unpressed and he still made some WTF passes that were inexcusable.

Eli Manning was the most pressured QB last year and he also rated the best (highest qbr) under pressure in the entire league.

Do HOF QB's rank dead last throwing under pressure like Sanchez did last year?[/QUOTE]

His OL & WR'S played much better for him in the playoffs, plus they got their running game going pretty good as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Taking a look back over the past 3 years, I think the biggest surprise is actually the fact the Jets had such a good running game in Sanchez's first year or two. I mean, most teams facing a rookie QB will know that team is likely going to lean on the run and probably protect their QB a little from having to throw a ton. The fact that the Jets were able to ground and pound so well....when opponents likely KNEW we were going to ground and pound, is the real accomplishment.

You do know that only a year earlier Eli Manning, in his SEVENTH season in 2010, was one of the worst QBs in the league under pressure, right?

He made drastic improvements last year, thankfully for him or else he wouldn't have gotten the second ring.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4467395]It is completely accurate. More than 3 hits in the pocket, and GUARANTEED the Bradyface comes out.

Its the dooshenozzle's only downfall actually.:([/QUOTE]

He was the same way in college..and it is his *only* downfall , other than being a pat.

I think it's pretty obvious that pretty much any NFL team can be a playoff team hitting on 6 or 7 cylinders..but SB teams, especially the winning SB team has to (at least for the actual game) be hitting on all 8..

I disagree with the contention that Sanchez is ok without any pressure from some new guy, and sure, it's *nice* if a player really does motivate himself, but it has to be real.. just hoping or mouthing the words "I can motivate myself" won't cut it.

[QUOTE=jxc;4467355]Some guys take a pounding and sulk, some don't.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7Q01821q-Hg[/url][/QUOTE]

Some guys get hit and come back into the game, others get hit and they start missing games. If there is one thing Sanchez has over Stafford, its durability.