Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NYJETS QB coach speaks about Mark Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet-T's;4468663]

And lastly, if Tim's 1st and 2nd year young Bronco receivers had just caught one more pass out of every 10 thrown to them, then
    Tim's completion % would have been 57.3% (and the haters would have to find something else to complain about).

[/QUOTE]

Since you're into research, go look who had more dropped passes last year, Jets or Broncos.

Oh, the Jets you say? By a lot?

So if Mark's receivers had just caught one more pass out of every 10 thrown to them....

If if if--stop. Tebow's AWFUL.

_

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4468674]Tebow's teams weren't stacked?? You're posts get increasingly moronic by the day. You have derailed a perfectly fine thread. Tebow is part of the New York Jets, but is not relevant to every single conversation. He is literally the only person you ever talk about.[/QUOTE]

really the only person i talk about maybe in a QB thread hmmmmmmmmmm is he a QB............I don't see him in the revis/ellis/or QB thread?

Do people read posts maybe I don't make sense to people because I actually read every post in a thread instead of a few posts here and there.

Which you obv missed because I said they both had pretty equal stacked teams in college USC was obv more so than florida but florida had alot of talent also.

OMFG can someone just rent a time machine and undo this moronic Tim Teabag trade?

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4468682]really the only person i talk about maybe in a QB thread hmmmmmmmmmm is he a QB............I don't see him in the revis/ellis/or QB thread?

Do people read posts maybe I don't make sense to people because I actually read every post in a thread instead of a few posts here and there.

Which you obv missed because I said they both had pretty equal stacked teams in college USC was obv more so than florida but florida had alot of talent also.[/QUOTE]

You've derailed plenty of threads not about QB's. You're either a troll or you must be the least self-aware poster I've ever read. Your shtick is way past the point of being funny

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet-T's;4468663]

And lastly, if Tim's 1st and 2nd year young Bronco receivers had just caught one more pass out of every 10 thrown to them, then
    Tim's completion % would have been 57.3% (and the haters would have to find something else to complain about).

[/QUOTE]

Not to belabor the point, but there's really no place for making up stats to support a bogus argument.

The Broncos were officially credited with 20 drops last season--even assuming ALL of them were Tebow's--which the probably weren't given he didn't start until week 6--and he completed ALL of those drops, he'd still only be at 53.8%.

Maybe if Tim didn't suck as bad as he does, his receivers might have had a better chance to catch those balls.

Don't blame receivers for ducks thrown 20 feet over their heads and bounce passes are only a good thing in the NBA.

_

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cant wait;4468695]You've derailed plenty of threads not about QB's. You're either a troll or you must be the least self-aware poster I've ever read. Your shtick is way past the point of being funny[/QUOTE]

not trying to be funny trying to have a friendly debate or to defend myself when challenged?

We can bear arms but trying to defend ourself on the computer is wrong?

Hell I bashed plenty of players before but now because it is sanchez oh no hands off?

where was this outcry when I was bashing chaddy/gholston pre-draft?

fact is people do not want to hear about it because they associate him with religion which is never brought up unless someone who usually does not want to talk religion brings it up.

I can have a debate and have tried many times about tebow vs sanchez but someone else always brings up religion.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4468727]Not to belabor the point, but there's really no place for making up stats to support a bogus argument.

The Broncos were officially credited with 20 drops last season--even assuming ALL of them were Tebow's--which the probably weren't given he didn't start until week 6--and he completed ALL of those drops, he'd still only be at 53.8%.

Maybe if Tim didn't suck as bad as he does, his receivers might have had a better chance to catch those balls.

Don't blame receivers for ducks thrown 20 feet over their heads and bounce passes are only a good thing in the NBA.

_[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI, but ducks thrown 20 feet over their heads and bounced passes aren't counted as drops :)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4468747]Just an FYI, but ducks thrown 20 feet over their heads and bounced passes aren't counted as drops :)[/QUOTE]

I was refering to his--"if they had caught one out of every 10" line.

If he threw 7 out of 10 anywhere near his receivers maybe they would have had a shot to catch and/or drop them.

:D

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4468754]I was refering to his--"if they had caught one out of every 10" line.

If he threw 7 out of 10 anywhere near his receivers maybe they would have had a shot to catch and/or drop them.

_[/QUOTE]

6 out of 10 would work, and hey, that's about where he's at when you add in the drops.

I believe you pointed out that the Jets had more drops, but that is an absolute number, not as a percentage of passes, yes ??

With Tebow's low number of attempts, the stats get skewed.

Now, before you go off and get crazy, I'll readily admit that Tebow was very erratic last year and some of his passes were cringe worthy.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4468683]OMFG can someone just rent a time machine and undo this moronic Tim Teabag trade?[/QUOTE]

Word.

I am getting sick of Tim Tebow.

I am one of Sanchez' hardest critics but even I will gladly admit that Sanchez is head and shoulders about Tebow as a QB. There is no comparison. I don't even see how it is debatable.

God forbid something happens to Sanchez in training camp, with Tebow we will not win more than 4 games.

The book is out on him. The blueprint to defending him is well-known.

God forgive me.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4468766]6 out of 10 would work, and hey, that's about where he's at when you add in the drops.

I believe you pointed out that the Jets had more drops, but that is an absolute number, not as a percentage of passes, yes ??

Now, before you go off and get crazy, I'll readily admit that Tebow was very erratic last year and some of his passes were cringe worthy.[/QUOTE]

My point was two-fold. Don't make up stats to back your argument--because even if you gave Tebow ALL 20 drops he'd still be under 54%.

If you are going to argue that, then give Sanchez credit for all HIS drops (32) and he'd be at 62.6%.

If Sanchez was at 62+%, nobody would be squalking.

_

[QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4468766]6 out of 10 would work, and hey, that's about where he's at when you add in the drops.

Now, before you go off and get crazy, I'll readily admit that Tebow was very erratic last year and some of his passes were cringe worthy.[/QUOTE]

He tends to throw it straight into the ground sometimes. Like a bounce pass in hoops. He really is awful. What he can do is launch it 60 yards+ downfield with that strong arm. With Hill's speed, height and proven ability to adjust to the ball (he did so well in college), that could be an effective combination. Tebow's best passing moments were those bombs downfield to Decker and Thomas where they beat their defenders and could adjust to the ball.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4468778]Word.

I am one of Sanchez' hardest critics but even I will gladly admit that Sanchez is head and shoulders about Tebow as a QB. There is no comparison. I don't even see how it is debatable.

God forbid something happens to Sanchez in training camp, with Tebow we will not win more than 4 games.

God forgive me.[/QUOTE]

I'll preface this by saying that I want Sanchez to start, but the "blueprint" for defending Tebow is actually due to Mike McCoy's very limited knowledge and terrible play calling.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4468778]

God forbid something happens to Sanchez in training camp

God forgive me.[/QUOTE]

What you did there, I see.

_

[QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4468790]I'll preface this by saying that I want Sanchez to start, but the "blueprint" for defending Tebow is actually due to Mike McCoy's very limited knowledge and terrible play calling.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Mike McCoy did an excellent job playcalling for Tebow. Tebow is a limited player. Yes it's a chicken or egg argument but here it's obvious.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4468778]Word.

God forgive me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and the best part is Bill Belichick wrote the book on how to shut down Tebow.

Thanks Woody

[QUOTE=Dcat;4468789]He tends to throw it straight into the ground sometimes. Like a bounce pass in hoops. He really is awful. What he can do is launch it 60 yards+ downfield with that strong arm. With Hill's speed, height and proven ability to adjust to the ball (he did so well in college), that could be an effective combination. Tebow's best passing moments were those bombs downfield to Decker and Thomas where they beat their defenders and could adjust to the ball.[/QUOTE]

It's not that simple. If you go back and look at some of his highlight vids, you'll see quite a few passes that were "timing" passes, hitting players in stride on crossing routes and slants, etc.

Tebow's problem was that he was highly inconsistent. One minute, he'd throw a beautiful slant, the next, he'd bounce a simple out into the dirt. I still chalk this up to him thinking about his mechanics while trying to throw the ball, versus just getting out there and throwing it.

It's kind of like watching someone with an inconsistent swing trying to play golf. Sometimes, they had beautiful drives, other times, they shank it. With many more reps and continued practice, hopefully, Tebow can become more consistent.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4468794]What you did there, I see.

_[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA.

Keep spinning, you spinner.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4468796]What are you talking about? Mike McCoy did an excellent job playcalling for Tebow. Tebow is a limited player. Yes it's a chicken or egg argument but here it's obvious.[/QUOTE]

McCoy did a terrible job of play calling and he had extremely limited knowledge of the offense that he put in.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4468803]

With many more reps and continued practice, hopefully, Tebow can become more consistent.[/QUOTE]

Top 5 pick, young hopeful franchise QB entering his crucial 4th year, pretty new WR corp, new Offensive Coordinator and new offensive system.

Yup, let's try to limit Sanhcez's reps as much as possible in the hopes that MAYBE the back-up can become more consistent.

_