Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Summertime is here--time for grilled shrimp

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Braumeister;4467761]Same here. I live in a condo. No open flame grills. I highly recommend getting this electric grill:

[URL="http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=203079919&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&locStoreNum=159&cm_mmc=SEM|G|STO|DSK|D28I|Grills|ModelNumbers|Weber|LongTail&skwcid=TC|14775|weber%20q%20140%20electric%20grill||S|e|21912520181"]http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=203079919&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&locStoreNum=159&cm_mmc=SEM|G|STO|DSK|D28I|Grills|ModelNumbers|Weber|LongTail&skwcid=TC|14775|weber%20q%20140%20electric%20grill||S|e|21912520181[/URL]

I've tried two other outdoor grills, and both were sh!t. For an electric grill, this one is excellent. It's a bit expensive but totally worth it. Get the stand for it and you're good to go.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the rec - I was actually looking at that one recently. And I already have a stand for a Weber Q for my tailgating grill, so that pretty much seals it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Braumeister;4467761]Same here. I live in a condo. No open flame grills. I highly recommend getting this electric grill:

[URL="http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=203079919&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&locStoreNum=159&cm_mmc=SEM|G|STO|DSK|D28I|Grills|ModelNumbers|Weber|LongTail&skwcid=TC|14775|weber%20q%20140%20electric%20grill||S|e|21912520181"]http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=203079919&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&locStoreNum=159&cm_mmc=SEM|G|STO|DSK|D28I|Grills|ModelNumbers|Weber|LongTail&skwcid=TC|14775|weber%20q%20140%20electric%20grill||S|e|21912520181[/URL]

I've tried two other outdoor grills, and both were sh!t. For an electric grill, this one is excellent. It's a bit expensive but totally worth it. Get the stand for it and you're good to go.[/QUOTE]

Any help in the beer thread would be appreciated. :O

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4467773]Thanks for the rec - I was actually looking at that one recently. And I already have a stand for a Weber Q for my tailgating grill, so that pretty much seals it.[/QUOTE]

Does it have a hook-up to a generator?

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JStokes;4467777]Does it have a hook-up to a generator?

_[/QUOTE]

I wish....Not sure how to do that and don't know anyone who knows anything about that kind of stuff. That stuff meaning plumbing, generating and the like.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4467788]I wish....Not sure how to do that and don't know anyone who knows anything about that kind of stuff. That stuff meaning plumbing, generating and the like.[/QUOTE]

And that electrical stuff REALLY sacres me.

220?

221?

Whatever it takes, but who can tell the difference?

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4467777]Does it have a hook-up to a generator?

_[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=crasherino;4467788]I wish....Not sure how to do that and don't know anyone who knows anything about that kind of stuff. That stuff meaning plumbing, generating and the like.[/QUOTE]

If the grill plugs into a standard wall outlet, then it should plug into a generator.

As far as plumbing goes, cant go wrong with an empty spackle bucket just make sure it has a lid.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4467809]If the grill plugs into a standard wall outlet, then it should plug into a generator.

As far as plumbing goes, cant go wrong with an empty spackle bucket just make sure it has a lid.[/QUOTE]

lolz...any post with the word "generator" is your bat-signal

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4467819]lolz...any post with the word "generator" is your bat-signal[/QUOTE]

Im ready for doomsday are you?

I will be cooking shrimp in my grill basket. ;)

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/126a52a.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4467572]Thats a great looking sauce, I may have to steal that for my own slightly modified use (i.e. Vegetarian, i.e. no Shrimps).

Thanks for sharing Stokesey.:D[/QUOTE]
    So your a vegan. It is the new ghey, but really, does all the pretentious eating and looking down your nose at people even truly sustain life or are you slowly dying.
    I had a steak for lunch and was gonna eat shrimp for dinner but now I think I'll eat a ham. A whole ham. Then run a 5k.
    I only mean to offend a little, so don't take my aggression towards vegans to hard, I've had bad experiences around non-meat eaters.

A whole ham

Banned
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4467773]Thanks for the rec - I was actually looking at that one recently. And I already have a stand for a Weber Q for my tailgating grill, so that pretty much seals it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how the gas one is, but the electric has reflective aluminum lids inside the grill. You need to clean them every so often because grease will build up on them and could potentially become a fire hazard. All electrics have this issue, unfortunately. Just letting you know that there is some maintenance involved.

But if it allows you to have a decent grill in your place, it's totally worth the minor inconvenience IMO. :yes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4467776]Any help in the beer thread would be appreciated. :O

_[/QUOTE]

I responded in it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4467823]

I will be cooking shrimp in my grill basket. ;)

[/QUOTE]

Buy bigger shrimp. 20-25s are not for grilling.

Might as well eat rubbers.

_

All Pro
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4467844]So your a vegan. It is the new ghey, but really, does all the pretentious eating and looking down your nose at people even truly sustain life or are you slowly dying.
    I had a steak for lunch and was gonna eat shrimp for dinner but now I think I'll eat a ham. A whole ham. Then run a 5k.
    I only mean to offend a little, so don't take my aggression towards vegans to hard, I've had bad experiences around non-meat eaters.

A whole ham[/QUOTE]

Um....ok. Yup, nothing strange about Arkansas at all, lol.

Banned
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4467844]So your a vegan. It is the new ghey, but really, does all the pretentious eating and looking down your nose at people even truly sustain life or are you slowly dying.
    I only mean to offend a little, so don't take my aggression towards vegans to hard, [B]I've had bad experiences around non-meat eaters.[/B]

A whole ham[/QUOTE]

Beware the Warfist, my friend. :D

But I've had some bad experiences with people and their special diets. Two of my wife's friends are vegetarians, and my friend's wife has celiac, so she can't have any gluten. All of them make it huge production whenever we go out to eat somewhere. They make a scene that gets irritating (and sometimes even embarrassing.)

The one with celiac can be so nasty to the wait staff because she expects them to know what celiac is without and explanation, and to know every item on the menu that does or does not have gluten. My wife and I won't go out to eat with them any more because we're convinced that people have spit in our food because of her.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

A whole ham[/QUOTE]

He's actually a quasi (or full I forget) -vegetarian on account of his wife being one - not on some holier than thou principled stand.

So, your best efforts at offending are crashing and burning. Like the honey badger, he doesn't give a ****.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4467809]If the grill plugs into a standard wall outlet, then it should plug into a generator.

As far as plumbing goes, cant go wrong with an empty spackle bucket just make sure it has a lid.[/QUOTE]

Send me which model I should get as well as your rock bottom price, apply my JI discount and then I'll consider it. I presume you have favorable leasing terms. Big hitters like myself don't own. Its tres gauche.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4467862]Buy bigger shrimp. 20-25s are not for grilling.

Might as well eat rubbers.

_[/QUOTE]

I do use the 20-25s, I dont like shrimpy shrimp. The grill basket allows me to toss them and evenly cook them and marinate them they still get the grill burn effect.

No thanks.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4467880]Send me which model I should get as well as your rock bottom price, apply my JI discount and then I'll consider it. I presume you have favorable leasing terms. Big hitters like myself don't own. Its tres gauche.[/QUOTE]

I suggest Lowes, I dont finance and I dont take coupons......:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4467893]I do use the 20-25s, I dont like shrimpy shrimp. The grill basket allows me to toss them and evenly cook them and marinate them they still get the grill burn effect.

No thanks.[/QUOTE]

20-25s are just too small to grill IMO. They put the shrimp in shrimp. Once you get any sear on one side, they're cooked, the sear on the other side just over-cooks them.

That's okay for some people, I eschew overcooked shrmp and I only serve my quests delicious food.

Spend the extra dollar, 16-20s or larger or don't waste your money.

And I never use a grill basket for any protein, but what do I know, you're the expert.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4467933]20-25s are just too small to grill IMO. They put the shrimp in shrimp. Once you get any sear on one side, they're cooked, the sear on the other side just over-cooks them.

That's okay for some people, I eschew overcooked shrmp and I only serve my quests delicious food.

Spend the extra dollar, 16-20s or larger or don't waste your money.

And I never use a grill basket for any protein, but what do I know, you're the expert.

_[/QUOTE]

No way you are the expert you showed us proof. Im not trying to undermine your cooking abilities or your knowledge in any way. Im going to actually use you're tips to try and impress my wife. Thanks