Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinncinati Bengals show great interest in Braylon Edwards

Cinncinati Bengals show great interest in Braylon Edwards

Just saw link this Am. Bungals looking for WR help opposite AJ Green. Trying to get link for post. Its been quiet in Jetland re BE. For all the myriad posts re Braylon this winter and spring, its gotten very quiet lately about his knee status or us signing him to mentor Hill or us aquiring him as a 2d or 3d WR. Anyone see us making a real move for him now that there may be another legitimate suitor?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Why?

They have had no interest, most think they don't want, so why would it change because someone else might be interested?

Why? Because if healthy he could add depth to WR corps. He has great chemistry to Sanchez. Why not see what if any he has left?

Jets Insider VIP
    Good

I hope that they sign him to a 6 year deal so I don't have to hear about bringing him back again.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]Coach Marvin Lewis suggested that the Bengals won't be signing free agent Braylon Edwards any time soon.

The Bengals certainly have plenty of room under the cap, but Lewis doesn't want to have "too many guys on the other side of their careers." The Bengals may revisit the possibility of signing Edwards once he proves that his knee is back to 100 percent. May 11 - 8:55 AM

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer [/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sheastadiumjetfan;4467437]Just saw link this Am. Bungals looking for WR help opposite AJ Green. Trying to get link for post. [B]Its been quiet in Jetland re BE. For all the myriad posts re Braylon this winter and spring, its gotten very quiet lately about his knee status or us signing him to mentor Hill or us aquiring him as a 2d or 3d WR[/B]. Anyone see us making a real move for him now that there may be another legitimate suitor?[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps you missed this thread. It's among the first 5 on the Strip right now.

[URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244082[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4467630]Good

I hope that they sign him to a 6 year deal so I don't have to hear about bringing him back again.[/QUOTE]

Why would you say that?

Don't you know he is the Panacea for Sanchez.

Things will go back to the way they were in 2010. Just like in the YouTube videos. Flight boys reunited.

Bring back Braylon, minus Schotty, plus first 3 years comparable to Eli and Brees, equals HoF career for Sanchez starting in Year 4.

Veteran
    When will it stop? We have three 6'3"+ WRs that run sub 4.4 40s, and atleast 2 of them are known to be good blockers Hill, Schillens. Why on Earth would the FO (the same FO that didn't want him last year) want to pursue him this year? I liked what BE did for us as much as the next guy, and I thought we should've signed him rather than Holmes, but that ship has sailed.

Braylon obviously has pissed off someone in the Jets FO. He will not be back.

[QUOTE=GandWFan;4467762]Braylon obviously has pissed off someone in the Jets FO. He will not be back.[/QUOTE]

Yes someone has a bruised vagina......that or they dont want to hurt Holmes ego as Braylon Edwards would be the #1 WR here. :yes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=GandWFan;4467762]Braylon obviously has pissed off someone in the Jets FO. He will not be back.[/QUOTE]

I recall hearing that Holmes would not sign with the Jets if they also kept Edwards. I believe that the Jets closed the door on Edwards. Putting the off field issues and injuries aside, with Hill in camp we are clearly moving past Braylon. I really wanted him back last year but this is a long done deal now.

If he were high on the Jets list, he would probably already be signed. Even if they do eventually sign him, you can't think that the front office of the Jets will do backflips.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4467836]Yes someone has a bruised vagina......that or they dont want to hurt Holmes ego as Braylon Edwards would be the #1 WR here. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Nobody else wanted him last offseason when he was healthy, so it's not just the Jets. He got a 1 year deal to be the #3 or #4 for a team that doesn't even throw the ball much.

15 catches for 181 yards, 0 TD's

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dupe;4467852]I recall hearing that Holmes would not sign with the Jets if they also kept Edwards. I believe that the Jets closed the door on Edwards. Putting the off field issues and injuries aside, with Hill in camp we are clearly moving past Braylon. I really wanted him back last year but this is a long done deal now.[/QUOTE]

As I said in another post if it is even remotely true that the Jets didn't sign Edwards because Holmes didn't want him here then Tanny should dismissed immediately, IMO.........

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4467871]As I said in another post if it is even remotely true that the Jets didn't sign Edwards because Holmes didn't want him here then Tanny should dismissed immediately, IMO.........[/QUOTE]

Oh my. Kentucky Jet will not like this post. No no. Not at all.:tsk: :D

[QUOTE=CleatMarks;4467853]If he were high on the Jets list, he would probably already be signed. Even if they do eventually sign him, you can't think that the front office of the Jets will do backflips.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... This is true for every team in the NFL. I'm not sure of Edwards reputation or insider sources on his injury, but it's May and Cincinnati is the first team that he's even been connected with since before the draft, and the story was, "we're not interested right now." I don't think the Jets have to rush to sign him.

[QUOTE=Dupe;4467852]I recall hearing that Holmes would not sign with the Jets if they also kept Edwards. I believe that the Jets closed the door on Edwards. Putting the off field issues and injuries aside, with Hill in camp we are clearly moving past Braylon. I really wanted him back last year but this is a long done deal now.[/QUOTE]

Holmes now works in the front office?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sheastadiumjetfan;4467453]Why? Because if healthy he could add depth to WR corps. He has great chemistry to Sanchez. Why not see what if any he has left?[/QUOTE]

ANd if cows had wings they could fly.

Your point?

Anyone signed adds depth, that's the definition of depth. Can he play?

He hasnt shown anything in over a year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Pure and utter nonsense.

What else did Holmes do, invent cancer?

The Jets made the right move, how can you people keep arguing the point? BE wanted Holmes money, the jets weren't giving that money to BE, they didn't think he was worth it.

That he signed for peanuts and was released because he wasn't worth the peanuts he was making says they knew what they were talking about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4467982] He signed for peanuts and was released because he wasn't worth the peanuts he was making says they knew what they were talking about.[/QUOTE]

From his "official website" picture, I'll bet he has a lot experience with cocktail peanuts too.

[IMG]http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/braylon-edwards-bar.jpg[/IMG]

:D