Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: (6) New Jersey Devils vs. (1) New York Rangers: Eastern Conference Finals

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sixteenth straight postseason game with Rangers scoring 3 goals or less, now 9-7 in those games. Hank and D are the key.

If Gabby wasnt such a wimp the Rangers would have a better chance at getting a 2 game lead with the next one.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Bad puck luck again... Great game by that dude with no Cup...

Bar time. Poli, you're invited, I got the tab
    Oh he's got a cup alright lol and it sucks, made of steel much stronger than a catchers cup I wore them both. Good work by the Rangers, if we only had an offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Oh he's got a cup alright lol and it sucks, made of steel much stronger than a catchers cup I wore them both. Good work by the Rangers, if we only had an offense.
    You really can't complain about the Devils' O, they're like 5th in the NHL. It's just that Hank is that good.
    Last edited by SMC; 05-19-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You really can't complain about the Devils' O, they're like 5th in the NFL. It's just that Hank is that good.
    The NFL?????? have you started drinking already?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You really can't complain about the Devils' O, they're like 5th in the NFL. It's just that Hank is that good.
    Not really, he has had a couple of saves like MB, but the vast majority are right at him, or routine. Your O is much better.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 05-19-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The NFL?????? have you started drinking already?
    LOL. I wish!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really, he has had a couple of saves like MB, but the vast majority are right at him, or routine. Your O is much better.
    Come on now, right now, Hank >>> MB, and it's pretty clear. Hank was 3rd in save % this year while MB was 33rd. Don't be a hater and discount his abilities.

Plus, Kovalchuck and Parise are better offensive players than everyone on the Rangers. It would be debatable if Gabby's (who was actually 3rd in goals this season) balls had dropped this postseason, but since they haven't your guys are clearly tops.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That game was like a repeat of game 1. Henrik is unreal. Must win game on Monday now for the Devs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on now, right now, Hank >>> MB, and it's pretty clear. Hank was 3rd in save % this year while MB was 33rd. Don't be a hater and discount his abilities.

Plus, Kovalchuck and Parise are better offensive players than everyone on the Rangers. It would be debatable if Gabby's (who was actually 3rd in goals this season) balls had dropped this postseason, but since they haven't your guys are clearly tops.
    It's about what is happening now, MB has made a greater number of difficult stops. Not a hater, I know that king is his Swedish nickname, but he is playing against the greatest that ever played.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

Marty has been very good in this series and has made a handful of circus saves, but Henrik is in a league of his own. Devils definitely have more depth and firepower offensively, yet have already been shutout twice in three games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. I wish!
    Tonites date nite.....I started already. I only drink on weekends.

Vodka and Pineapple........ I am so hopeful we go to the cup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's about what is happening now, MB has made a greater number of difficult stops. Not a hater, I know that king is his Swedish nickname, but he is playing against the greatest that ever played.
    I know that MB is the best ever, but Hank is clearly better now. We're not talking about resumes, we're talking about the goalies that presently exist and without question Hank >>> MB.

And, no, I don't think MB has made more difficult stops in this series than Hank. The Rangers lack the offensive firepower the Devils possess so their shots on goal are not as effective as the Devils'.

Prime example is the save on Callahan. If he had been a better offensive player he wouldve had an easy put back on the puck that hit him in the skate. Insead, lacking that true offensive instinct he tried to collect the puck and shoot, leading to MB's save. If Kovalchuk or Parise had been in that position it wouldve been an easy score.

Think about this--best team in the East all season and without a major injury, they call up a rookie from the NCAAs who is playing heavy minutes in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. That should tell you what you need to know about the Rangers' O.
    Last edited by SMC; 05-19-2012 at 06:16 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Bad puck luck again... Great game by that dude with no Cup...

Bar time. Poli, you're invited, I got the tab
    Lol where and when?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE MB..... But best ever???? You need to relax my friend. Have a cream soda.

GOogle best goalies ever and he gets honorable mention and placed no best than 8 in any credible list.

MB is fantastic but ........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE MB..... But best ever???? You need to relax my friend. Have a cream soda.

GOogle best goalies ever and he gets honorable mention and placed no best than 8 in any credible list.

MB is fantastic but ........
    Greatest.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's absolutely out playing Marty in the series. Unless your criteria is trick saves or whatever you called.

He shut out the Devils twice in 3 games. 2 games they could have lost.

Hes going to win the Vezina. If (big if) they won the cup, hes going to get the Conn Smythe. The reason he doesnt have to make many crazy saves is hes always in the right position. His awareness is insane.

If they happen to win 6 more games, theres another trophy he'll get.
    Last edited by Bay Ridge Jet; 05-19-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regular season goals scored: Devils 228 versus Rangers 226

Take out the phantom shoot-out win goals - one awarded to the winner (12 for Devils, 4 for Rangers) =

Rangers 222 versus Devils 216

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greatest.
    the word HOMER comes to mind......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It has been fun watching Marty play this series.

But if Hank is going to continue to play like this then it doesn't matter who the opponent is.

Wonder how hard Shanahan is going to come down on Prust.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the word HOMER comes to mind......
    C'mon, he holds every meaningful record and has 3 cups you could argue Roy with one more cup. I'm not saying it's an excuse, but Roy did play for the Yankees his first ten years. Plus don't forget he was bangin his sister in law on the side.