Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: (6) New Jersey Devils vs. (1) New York Rangers: Eastern Conference Finals

Fyi, I'm sure I sound like a vagina at this point but it pissed me off that it got missed when ref had clear eyes on the play...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Closed his hand then proceeded to go behind his back with the puck. Obvious penalty...
    Ah I didn't know he closed his hand on it. I missed the play getting a beer. They are trying to get rid of the defensive zone hand pass as well I think.

Fyi, I'm sure I sound like a vagina at this point but it pissed me off that it got missed when ref had clear eyes on the play...
    A bit. But as Jets fans we understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    A bit. But as Jets fans we understand.
    Ha!

Ha!
    If it happened the other way I'd still be on the phone with my Dad *****ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    If it happened the other way I'd still be on the phone with my Dad *****ing.
    If we had scored, I'd be far angrier...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Another observation.

The Rangers faced two extremely hot goalies in Anderson and Holtby.

Bryzgalov was brutal. Facing Bryzgalov, Theodore and Clemmensen was not exactly a huge challenge.

I would have taken any one of those 3 over Anderson or Holtby.

All I'm saying is, it won't be anywhere near as easy as Florida or Philthy.
    Perfect analysis.

The Devils will actually have to create offense, multiple chances and get rebounds if they expect to score goals in this series. Goals won't come easy, Hank is finding his rhythm these past couple of games after what I think was an average start to the playoffs (for him).

Devils will be tough and resilient, and I expect a 7 game series.

Go Rangers!

Jets Insider VIP
    Each round presents a different challeneg. The Caps had the psychological edge over the Rangers and the Rangers needed to get over that hump. The Senators were a bunch of cheap shotting thugs. The Rangers are the best offensive team of the 3 but they seem to bring the best out of the Rangers. The Devils through everything at them for 2 periods and the Rangers played dumb hockey at times, but it was still scoreless

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The Devils will actually have to create offense
    They did a great job for two periods... Especially short handed...

If we split in the Garden, consider me not worried...

Jets Insider VIP

caps played well .....this ain't over.

Jets Insider VIP

Rangers have lost the last 2 game 2s, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Devils win on Wednesday.

Jets Insider VIP
    the biggest difference in this series from my view...

Against Ottawa and against the Caps, the Rangers got slaughtered in the faceoff department in every game

In the first game yesterday, however, against the Exit 14A Hockey Team with NO FANS, the Rangers slaughtered the inferior Devil Dogs centers and took advantage of the territorial control that goes along with it

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Great win. The King kept them in it and they turned on the gas in the 3rd.
    The King of No Cups.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the biggest difference in this series from my view...

Against Ottawa and against the Caps, the Rangers got slaughtered in the faceoff department in every game

In the first game yesterday, however, against the Exit 14A Hockey Team with NO FANS, the Rangers slaughtered the inferior Devil Dogs centers and took advantage of the territorial control that goes along with it
    As of 4PM yesterday there were over 2000 tix for sale on Stub Hub... Loyal fan base... Even at your advanced age, how many cups have the Rangers won in your lifetime???? One....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    As of 4PM yesterday there were over 2000 tix for sale on Stub Hub... Loyal fan base... Even at your advanced age, how many cups have the Rangers won in your lifetime???? One....
    And after this season it will be two.

But, seriously, we don't have to go there about fanbases.

The Devils have great fans. I've gone to some non-Ranger Devil games in NJ (my old boss had season tickets) and the place was always raucous. As to the Stub Hub point, people are trying to make money. It's not like the game failed to sell out.

Jets Insider VIP
    The King of No Cups.....
    Dude..why all the disrespect. ONLY one poster knocked the Devils. Ranger fan pretty much agree the Devils are a well run franchise.

Know what...so are we. we may be the most Valuable NHL team...if not, we're near the top.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    And after this season it will be two.

But, seriously, we don't have to go there about fanbases.

The Devils have great fans. I've gone to some non-Ranger Devil games in NJ (my old boss had season tickets) and the place was always raucous. As to the Stub Hub point, people are trying to make money. It's not like the game failed to sell out.
    Best Ranger team in a long time. Was shocked at the amount of tix for sale, but the Garden is a great place for a game regardless.

The King of No Cups.....
    If you want to take it to the gutter you have a range of options in the pfail strip. Why not keep it clean here?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Dude..why all the disrespect. ONLY one poster knocked the Devils. Ranger fan pretty much agree the Devils are a well run franchise.

Know what...so are we. we may be the most Valuable NHL team...if not, we're near the top.
    No disrespect, just a saying I made up during a game this year at the Rock. The Rangers are the most valuable team $$$ wise, esp with the new Garden layout and revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    If you want to take it to the gutter you have a range of options in the pfail strip. Why not keep it clean here?
    sg3 has a way of throwing off the mood of any thread he enters...