Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 576

Thread: (6) New Jersey Devils vs. (1) New York Rangers: Eastern Conference Finals

  1. #81
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    sg3 has a way of throwing off the mood of any thread he enters...
    LOL

    Apache had a great line from the other thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Thanks for starting this, do the next one? Be respectful with the Ranger logo we have to live with these people. lol.
    That's the way for both sides.

  2. #82
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Perfect analysis.

    The Devils will actually have to create offense, multiple chances and get rebounds if they expect to score goals in this series. Goals won't come easy, Hank is finding his rhythm these past couple of games after what I think was an average start to the playoffs (for him).

    Devils will be tough and resilient, and I expect a 7 game series.

    Go Rangers!
    Hank gets fired up when Brodeur is on the other end. His game ratchets up another notch.

    The media obviously mentions the Devils sweep of the Rangers a few years ago but fail to mention that Hank was injured. Not to mention, the Rangers are a completely different team now than they were then. Other than that series, Hank has owned Brodeur.

    By the way, I have read every rule I could find. I do not see a penalty rule for a player who closes his hand on the puck and passes it in the defensive zone. If he closed his hand on the puck in an attempt to stop play or if he lifted the puck up off the ice and then passed it, it's a penalty. But I have seen no rule that addresses what MDZ did that would result in a penalty. I know Devils fans don't believe that, but I could not find a rule with any language that would penalize what Del Zotto did.

  3. #83
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,825
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    As of 4PM yesterday there were over 2000 tix for sale on Stub Hub... Loyal fan base... Even at your advanced age, how many cups have the Rangers won in your lifetime???? One....
    So what? The same will likely be true of the Devils and at the end of the day both arenas will be packed.

  4. #84
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,825
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    sg3 has a way of throwing off the mood of any thread he enters...
    +1

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    By the way, I have read every rule I could find. I do not see a penalty rule for a player who closes his hand on the puck and passes it in the defensive zone. If he closed his hand on the puck in an attempt to stop play or if he lifted the puck up off the ice and then passed it, it's a penalty. But I have seen no rule that addresses what MDZ did that would result in a penalty. I know Devils fans don't believe that, but I could not find a rule with any language that would penalize what Del Zotto did.
    I don't even care to go read the article that states the rules for hand passing...

    I'm going to ask you flat out if you think it's legal to fall to the ground, grab a puck, close your fist, swing the puck behind your back and throw it down the board to a teammate when behind your own goal...

    Just let that soak in for a minute...

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    So what? The same will likely be true of the Devils and at the end of the day both arenas will be packed.
    Not sure who said it already but it's just a money grab, IMO...

  7. #87
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,825
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Not sure who said it already but it's just a money grab, IMO...
    Also keep in mind there are tickets for Game 7 of the Finals (obv if the Rangers make it and it goes to 7)... Going for $100,000 lol... Some attempts to sell tickets aren't even serious.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    So what? The same will likely be true of the Devils and at the end of the day both arenas will be packed.
    Yes, looking forward to going to the Rock...

  9. #89
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    As of 4PM yesterday there were over 2000 tix for sale on Stub Hub... Loyal fan base... Even at your advanced age, how many cups have the Rangers won in your lifetime???? One....
    Stub Hub tickets are secondary market tickets. They've already been purchased.

  10. #90
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    sg3 has a way of throwing off the mood of any thread he enters...
    I'm thankful that Rah Rah isn't a hockey fan.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm thankful that Rah Rah isn't a hockey fan.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Stub Hub tickets are secondary market tickets. They've already been purchased.
    yes, just was surprised that over 10% were being scalped. Saw some decent deals out there if I was able to go. Sec 115 had a pair for $250 each, which was below face.

  13. #93
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I don't even care to go read the article that states the rules for hand passing...

    I'm going to ask you flat out if you think it's legal to fall to the ground, grab a puck, close your fist, swing the puck behind your back and throw it down the board to a teammate when behind your own goal...

    Just let that soak in for a minute...
    We all agree that hand passes within the defensive zone are legal.

    Many hand passes are made while the player has his hand over the puck. I've seen it many times. All legal. Del Zotto wasn't trying to delay the game or cover it up to get a whistle, like Volchenkov did in the 1st period.

    First of all, Del Zotto did not intentionally fall to the ground. He fell backwards. In fact, it looked like his skate was taken out by the Devil player's stick. But, in any event, the falling wasn't intentional which is how you're making it sound. To throw it would suggest he lifted it up off the ice. Which he didn't do. So he passed it. That's legal in the defensive zone, right? The fact he passed it behind his back is totally irrelevant. The question then becomes did the act of putting his hand over the puck and grabbing it while the puck was on the ice warrant a penalty? He didn't do it in the crease, which is an automatic penalty shot. He didn't try to stop play or freeze the puck with his hand, which is a penalty (Volchenkov). He put his hand over it to keep the forechecker from getting to it but he released it. There was no call because there was no penalty. There is no rule against it so why should it be a penalty? Because the Rangers went down and scored the backbreaking goal? That's not a good enough reason to call a penalty. Had he lifted it and thrown it...yes. Then it would have been a penalty.

  14. #94
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm thankful that Rah Rah isn't a hockey fan.
    Too complicated a sport for some.......

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

    First of all, Del Zotto did not intentionally fall to the ground. He fell backwards. In fact, it looked like his skate was taken out by the Devil player's stick. But, in any event, the falling wasn't intentional which is how you're making it sound. To throw it would suggest he lifted it up off the ice. Which he didn't do. So he passed it. That's legal in the defensive zone, right? The fact he passed it behind his back is totally irrelevant. The question then becomes did the act of putting his hand over the puck and grabbing it while the puck was on the ice warrant a penalty? He didn't do it in the crease, which is an automatic penalty shot. He didn't try to stop play or freeze the puck with his hand, which is a penalty (Volchenkov). He put his hand over it to keep the forechecker from getting to it but he released it. There was no call because there was no penalty. There is no rule against it so why should it be a penalty? Because the Rangers went down and scored the backbreaking goal? That's not a good enough reason to call a penalty. Had he lifted it and thrown it...yes. Then it would have been a penalty.
    You've got the blinders on, I suggest you go rewatch the play... Here's the rule for good measure as it applies to the play...


    67.2 Minor Penalty – Player - A player shall be permitted to catch the puck out of the air but must immediately place it or knock it down to the ice. If he catches it and skates with it, either to avoid a check or to gain a territorial advantage over his opponent, a minor penalty shall be assessed for “closing his hand on the puck”.
    A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who, while play is in progress, picks up the puck off the ice with his hand.
    The word immediately reigns supreme here... Immediately is not using a sweeping motion to throw the puck behind your back...

  16. #96
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    You've got the blinders on, I suggest you go rewatch the play... Here's the rule for good measure as it applies to the play...




    The word immediately reigns supreme here... Immediately is not using a sweeping motion to throw the puck behind your back...
    When exactly was this puck "in the air?"

  17. #97
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Too complicated a sport for some.......
    I just hope I didn't inadvertantly summon him up like Beetlejuice.

  18. #98
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Thread is gold.

    Flagman using stubhub to judge the Ranger fan base. Ranger fans are nothing if not loyal. Also, lots of drunk idiots but its NYC so whatevs.

    Im going next Monday to Prudential Center for game 4. Guess where I got the tickets? Though Im sure Ill be the only Ranger fan there obviously.

    Anyway, I went last night. Crowd was great. Not too many fights in the 400s which was surprising. Rangers looked pretty bad at spurts (had our classic 5 on 5 penalty kill in the 2nd period) but overall they just keep blocking shots and are very frustrating for the opposing offense. McDonough had a great game as always. Him, Staal and Girardi just always seem to be making plays.

    I wish we knew how to put some screens in front of the net. Its part of the reason the powerplay is terrible. No traffic in front. Just a bunch of mediocre passes and shots 4 feet wide of the net.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    When exactly was this puck "in the air?"
    Are you stating the puck was never off the ice and thus shouldn't have been dropped?

  20. #100
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the biggest difference in this series from my view...

    Against Ottawa and against the Caps, the Rangers got slaughtered in the faceoff department in every game


    In the first game yesterday, however, against the Exit 14A Hockey Team with NO FANS, the Rangers slaughtered the inferior Devil Dogs centers and took advantage of the territorial control that goes along with it
    If you stop there, you made a really good point. A lot of games this season, we have been so bad at face offs. Steve Ott would have been a great trade deadline acquisition. Hell, he may be a nice guy to get in July.

    Lots of people dont realize how big that initial faceoff is on powerplay. Setting up a powerplay takes like 8-10 seconds off a faceoff win. If you lose that faceoff, youre looking at 30 seconds before you get something going.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us