Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: (6) New Jersey Devils vs. (1) New York Rangers: Eastern Conference Finals

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    There is no class in hockey, but plenty of pumping up and excuses and not from us.

Rookie
    Just wanted say Congrats to the Devils and all their fans on reaching the Cup Finals....and good luck against the Kings. I know this final is not exactly a ratings boom for the NHL, but I think it'll be a great series.

Also congrats to the Rangers and their fans on a great season....no shame in losing to a team playing as well as the Devils are right now.

And a big thank you to both the Devils and Rangers for eliminating those scummy Flyers and Capitals from the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Pretty telling how classy the Rangers fans have been in this thread compared with the Devils fans.
    Feeling fantastic today, in case you were wondering...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    What are the Devils celebrating? Getting to the Finals?
    No official celebration yet. Just personally enjoying another big win.

Wow, heading into this season never did I imagine they'd be playing for the Cup. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Wow, heading into this season never did I imagine they'd be playing for the Cup. Awesome.
    You're definitely starting the SC thread

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Beating the king, or whoever he is, and all one sided coverage would be reason enough for me, we already have enough cups.
    Congrats on the win, but beat the Kings, and you will have something to celebrate.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Not expecting that, wasn't expecting this, just happy they shut Esaison up. Charter member, celebrated enough wouldn't mind another, but trust me this is just as good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Jesus Christ...
    What, youre saying youre crazy enough to care about the regular season?

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    What, youre saying youre crazy enough to care about the regular season?
    And in an out of market setting at that... How can I set expectations as a fan without understanding what is reasonable by following closely?

Jets Insider VIP
    Hockey is great isn't it? Just as good to play as football or baseball if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Well fought Rangers!

Doc Emerick, Boomer and Carton, all announcers on NBC, Boyle. SMMFC, You MF dooshbags.
    Why all the hate for doc? He called devils games for years.

Congrats to the devs..deserved it more than the rangers. Hopefully well be able to move gabby in the off season for a player willing to take a hit to make a play on the boards in the defensive zone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    Why all the hate for doc? He called devils games for years.

Congrats to the devs..deserved it more than the rangers. Hopefully well be able to move gabby in the off season for a player willing to take a hit to make a play on the boards in the defensive zone.
    I know, was one of the best of all sport. Now that he left us and went with NBC, rightfully so, I knew he didn't want to be caught as a homer when doing the games. Man, we got nothing from nobody Rangers this, Rangers that, Lundquist makes a routine save of which there were many including some of the ones that went through and you would have thought he was phukin' the best in the world. Marty is doing handstands out on an island and they are all talking about what great pressure the Rangers put on I know it's NY but I expected a little more backing from him.

This was Marty....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLgJWaDYPc8
    Last edited by Apache 51; 05-26-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    And in an out of market setting at that... How can I set expectations as a fan without understanding what is reasonable by following closely?
    Cool. I always catch a couple of Ranger- Devils/ Penguin games and Winter Classic, regardless of teams involved. The regular season is just exhibition for me.

You're definitely starting the SC thread
    Without a doubt

I'll have that thread up by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I saw the game 7 at the Rock where they beat Florida in OT. It's hard to think that same team would crush the frontrunning Rangers and go to the Finals. But then again I guess the Rangers suck.