Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: Jenny Vrentas Article

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,106
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The defense Rex and Pettine called last year was heavily influenced by the success they had in the playoffs against Indianapolis and New England.
    Probably, but it still exposed Pettine on many occasions as a guy who looked a bit clueless calling the plays. Overall, I'm happy Rex is re-taking more control over it.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Outstanding piece of journalism...just like that india people Manish used to do.

    Then he turned. I fear the worst for Jenny as well.

    This is the first time I've felt that Revis is actually stepping up to lead instead of acting as the neutral mercinary superstar. It's a good change.

    I am extremely excited about the potential for our defense. As Buzz pointed out, this is easily the most talent we've had on this team in QUITE some time, and with Rex retaking the reins at playcalling...watch out.
    Little by little we're taking over. I am telling you man, chicken tika masala diet for the wideouts this year

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Little by little we're taking over. I am telling you man, chicken tika masala diet for the wideouts this year
    Sanjay might be vegetarian man...lots of us india people are

    But I want my receivers to get their fat energies and full allotment of amino acids...so chicken it is!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The defense Rex and Pettine called last year was heavily influenced by the success they had in the playoffs against Indianapolis and New England.
    If this is the case, then I hope the most important thing they took away from both years is that no one strategy works. It's a combination of the two, and more specifically, the timing of the play call, that works best.

    Peyton and Brady were caught off guard because they prepared for our aggressive, blitz oriented scheme. Not because they can't pick apart 8 man zones

  5. #25
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Little by little we're taking over. I am telling you man, chicken tika masala diet for the wideouts this year
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Sanjay might be vegetarian man...lots of us india people are

    But I want my receivers to get their fat energies and full allotment of amino acids...so chicken it is!
    So you guys are india I take it?

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,394
    Rex put too much trust in that turd Schoddy

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So you guys are india I take it?


    India's a place.

    We're India people.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    So you guys are india I take it?
    I am an india person and I speak Hindu.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,716
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    If this is the case, then I hope the most important thing they took away from both years is that no one strategy works. It's a combination of the two, and more specifically, the timing of the play call, that works best.

    Peyton and Brady were caught off guard because they prepared for our aggressive, blitz oriented scheme. Not because they can't pick apart 8 man zones
    Agreed.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I am an india person and I speak Hindu.
    I love your films

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    If this is the case, then I hope the most important thing they took away from both years is that no one strategy works. It's a combination of the two, and more specifically, the timing of the play call, that works best.

    Peyton and Brady were caught off guard because they prepared for our aggressive, blitz oriented scheme. Not because they can't pick apart 8 man zones
    Then they need to figure out the same on offense. Pass on first down. Play action on short yardage. I will be very happy if we don't go empty backfield on 3rd and 1 this year. How about wrs running their routes on different levels, instead of ending up together.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,207
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    She is my favorite beat writer......this is news..... not something thats been completely made up and at the end of the article there is some little jab at the Jets ala Cimini...Great Article...
    I agree. She actually reports on stuff that happens. Doesn't speculate or make sh!t up. Now that the NFLN has hired Kim Jones to cover the Jets I think it is going to help balance out the reporting. Both do a fair and honest job.

    Now if only Manish would go into a time machine and Cimini would get re-assigned.

  13. #33
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post


    India's a place.

    We're India people.
    My bad.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,852
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Outstanding piece of journalism...just like that india people Manish used to do.

    Then he turned. I fear the worst for Jenny as well.

    This is the first time I've felt that Revis is actually stepping up to lead instead of acting as the neutral mercinary superstar. It's a good change.

    I am extremely excited about the potential for our defense. As Buzz pointed out, this is easily the most talent we've had on this team in QUITE some time, and with Rex retaking the reins at playcalling...watch out.
    I strongly agree with you! I love the prospects for this defense under Rex and Pettine.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Sanjay might be vegetarian man...lots of us india people are

    But I want my receivers to get their fat energies and full allotment of amino acids...so chicken it is!
    Haha indeed my name is also Sanjay and I am a vegetarian, I imagine he might be as well

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Then they need to figure out the same on offense. Pass on first down. Play action on short yardage. I will be very happy if we don't go empty backfield on 3rd and 1 this year. How about wrs running their routes on different levels, instead of ending up together.
    I am actually hoping that they do none of the things you suggest that way I don't end up missing Shotty's predictable game plans

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,741
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm not sure if the actual stats support this, but there seemed to be a definite pull back on the blitzing last year. I'm not sure if that was more of a Pettine vs. Rex thing or if the collective thought was to go the more coverage route that they had success with in the 10' playoffs against the Pats.
    I wonder if less blitzing last season was a product of our defense getting older and slower. That is likely one of the reasons we have been looking to get faster.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I wonder if less blitzing last season was a product of our defense getting older and slower. That is likely one of the reasons we have been looking to get faster.
    This was absolutely the case, IMO!!!!

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,367
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Haha indeed my name is also Sanjay and I am a vegetarian, I imagine he might be as well
    My company outsources alot to India. I do admit I always get a chuckle when I'm asked to "do the needful".

  20. #40
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    My company outsources alot to India. I do admit I always get a chuckle when I'm asked to "do the needful".
    I talked to an India person overseas the other day named John.

    Very nice guy.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us