Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jenny Vrentas Article

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4467850]The defense Rex and Pettine called last year was heavily influenced by the success they had in the playoffs against Indianapolis and New England.[/QUOTE]

Probably, but it still exposed Pettine on many occasions as a guy who looked a bit clueless calling the plays. Overall, I'm happy Rex is re-taking more control over it.

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4467786]Outstanding piece of journalism...just[B] like that india people[/B] Manish used to do.

Then he turned. I fear the worst for Jenny as well.

This is the first time I've felt that Revis is actually stepping up to lead instead of acting as the neutral mercinary superstar. It's a good change.

I am extremely excited about the potential for our defense. As Buzz pointed out, this is easily the most talent we've had on this team in QUITE some time, and with Rex retaking the reins at playcalling...watch out.[/QUOTE]

Little by little we're taking over. I am telling you man, chicken tika masala diet for the wideouts this year :D

[QUOTE=TheMo;4467867]Little by little we're taking over. I am telling you man, chicken tika masala diet for the wideouts this year :D[/QUOTE]

Sanjay might be vegetarian man...lots of us india people are ;)

But I want my receivers to get their fat energies and full allotment of amino acids...so chicken it is!

[QUOTE=JB1089;4467850]The defense Rex and Pettine called last year was heavily influenced by the success they had in the playoffs against Indianapolis and New England.[/QUOTE]

If this is the case, then I hope the most important thing they took away from both years is that no one strategy works. It's a combination of the two, and more specifically, the timing of the play call, that works best.

Peyton and Brady were caught off guard because they prepared for our aggressive, blitz oriented scheme. Not because they can't pick apart 8 man zones :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4467867]Little by little we're taking over. I am telling you man, chicken tika masala diet for the wideouts this year :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4467897]Sanjay might be vegetarian man...lots of us india people are ;)

But I want my receivers to get their fat energies and full allotment of amino acids...so chicken it is![/QUOTE]
    So you guys are india I take it?

Rex put too much trust in that turd Schoddy :steamin:

[QUOTE=Jordy;4467909]So you guys are india I take it?[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

India's a place.

We're India people.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4467909]So you guys are india I take it?[/QUOTE]

I am an india person and I speak Hindu.

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4467901][B]If this is the case, then I hope the most important thing they took away from both years is that no one strategy works.[/B] It's a combination of the two, and more specifically, the timing of the play call, that works best.

Peyton and Brady were caught off guard because they prepared for our aggressive, blitz oriented scheme. Not because they can't pick apart 8 man zones :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4467927]I am an india person and I speak Hindu.[/QUOTE]

I love your films

All Pro
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4467901]If this is the case, then I hope the most important thing they took away from both years is that no one strategy works. It's a combination of the two, and more specifically, the timing of the play call, that works best.

Peyton and Brady were caught off guard because they prepared for our aggressive, blitz oriented scheme. Not because they can't pick apart 8 man zones :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Then they need to figure out the same on offense. Pass on first down. Play action on short yardage. I will be very happy if we don't go empty backfield on 3rd and 1 this year. How about wrs running their routes on different levels, instead of ending up together.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=tfine350z;4467767]She is my favorite beat writer......this is news..... not something thats been completely made up and at the end of the article there is some little jab at the Jets ala Cimini...Great Article...[/QUOTE]

I agree. She actually reports on stuff that happens. Doesn't speculate or make sh!t up. Now that the NFLN has hired Kim Jones to cover the Jets I think it is going to help balance out the reporting. Both do a fair and honest job.

Now if only Manish would go into a time machine and Cimini would get re-assigned. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4467923]:rolleyes:

India's a place.

We're India people.[/QUOTE]
    My bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4467786]Outstanding piece of journalism...just like that india people Manish used to do.

Then he turned. I fear the worst for Jenny as well.

This is the first time I've felt that Revis is actually stepping up to lead instead of acting as the neutral mercinary superstar. It's a good change.

I am extremely excited about the potential for our defense. As Buzz pointed out, this is easily the most talent we've had on this team in QUITE some time, and with Rex retaking the reins at playcalling...watch out.[/QUOTE]

I strongly agree with you! I love the prospects for this defense under Rex and Pettine.

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4467897]Sanjay might be vegetarian man...lots of us india people are ;)

But I want my receivers to get their fat energies and full allotment of amino acids...so chicken it is![/QUOTE]

Haha indeed my name is also Sanjay and I am a vegetarian, I imagine he might be as well :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4467967]Then they need to figure out the same on offense. Pass on first down. Play action on short yardage. I will be very happy if we don't go empty backfield on 3rd and 1 this year. How about wrs running their routes on different levels, instead of ending up together.[/QUOTE]

I am actually hoping that they do none of the things you suggest that way I don't end up missing Shotty's predictable game plans:D

All League
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4467794]I'm not sure if the actual stats support this, but there seemed to be a definite pull back on the blitzing last year. I'm not sure if that was more of a Pettine vs. Rex thing or if the collective thought was to go the more coverage route that they had success with in the 10' playoffs against the Pats.[/QUOTE]
    I wonder if less blitzing last season was a product of our defense getting older and slower. That is likely one of the reasons we have been looking to get faster.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast;4468377]I wonder if less blitzing last season was a product of our defense getting older and slower. That is likely one of the reasons we have been looking to get faster.[/QUOTE]

This was absolutely the case, IMO!!!!

[QUOTE=TheMo;4468048]Haha indeed my name is also Sanjay and I am a vegetarian, I imagine he might be as well :D[/QUOTE]

My company outsources alot to India. I do admit I always get a chuckle when I'm asked to "do the needful".

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Snell41;4468633]My company outsources alot to India. I do admit I always get a chuckle when I'm asked to "do the needful".[/QUOTE]
    I talked to an India person overseas the other day named John.

Very nice guy.