Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kenrick Ellis: Pre trial hearing this Thursday

Without knowing anything, it seems like there are 2 possibilities:
    1. The victim has connections, and is pressuring the DA to press charges, or
    2. The DA really *does* have a good case - which means it's not as simple as the victim came at Ellis / his GF with a bat and then Ellis felled him with a single punch in self-defense.

I'd love to believe 1, but it's probably 2. And yes, the Jets are probably rolling the dice. Even if the facts look bad, a good lawyer might be able to get it reduced to a misdemeanor. And with his NFL salary, he should at least be able to afford a good lawyer.

So my guess is that the facts are worse than what Jets fans would like to believe - but I'm hopefule things will work out... We shall see...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=thshadow;4469837]Without knowing anything, it seems like there are 2 possibilities:
    1. The victim has connections, and is pressuring the DA to press charges, or
    2. The DA really *does* have a good case - which means it's not as simple as the victim came at Ellis / his GF with a bat and then Ellis felled him with a single punch in self-defense.

I'd love to believe 1, but it's probably 2. And yes, the Jets are probably rolling the dice. Even if the facts look bad, a good lawyer might be able to get it reduced to a misdemeanor. And with his NFL salary, he should at least be able to afford a good lawyer.

So my guess is that the facts are worse than what Jets fans would like to believe - but I'm hopefule things will work out... We shall see...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those are the only 2 reasons for moving forward with a case.

What was the reason with the hookers and the Duke lacrosse players?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=tahoejet;4468834]Listen I am the last one to defend Ray Lewis on this issue but I think what Ray did was lie to the police to protect his "boys". I don't think he actually committed the crime, and if someone was paid off, they kept it pretty quiet here in Atlanta.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, he never was accused of murdering anyone.

If we wait long enough he will be accused of being the mastermind behind 9-11.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4469465]:rolleyes:

Another chance for pedantic Ken to spin his doom and gloom

[IMG]http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Oh+boy+Dad+installed+more+_a93af0844173366779ec54dd13044f4d.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

actually, Ken's post was insightful and helpful.

one thing to remember, even if it was self-defense, if it goes to trial, it will become a "he-said, she-said" type of situation and that can go either way...usually it will get pleaded down before a judge or jury ever makes a decision. Also, if he is going to use a self-defense argument, then it will absolutely depend on how many times he hit him after the fact...In a self-defense argument, the defendant has to prove that he had no opportunity to walk away from the situation before diffusing it...even if he hit him once or twice, if he could have walked away after before throwing more punches, then an assault charge could definitely be pending...I know b/c the same thing happened to me. So at this point, nobody knows anything except the lawyers present in the case.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4469667]Have you [B][U]ever[/U][/B] added any value to the board?[/QUOTE]

Holy hypocrisy Batman!

Are you on drugs today? Really, you have the cajones to post that when you add NOTHING but inflammatory provoking posts? You are f-ed up man.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4469857]Exactly, he never was accused of murdering anyone.

If we wait long enough he will be accused of being the mastermind behind 9-11.[/QUOTE]
    The charges have not changed over the last year. There are hospital records which prove that something did indeed happen. I do not think the Ellis camp is claiming that the injuries were fake or that someone else caused them. What is it that you feel is being made up here and what are your reasons for thinking that way?

The DA in the Duke rape case was a media whore and giving one absurd press conference after another almost on a daily basis. We have not heard even one peep out of this DA in more than a year. Other than the fact that they are (or were) both District Attorneys what else about the two of them strikes you as being even remotely similar?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=EM31;4469905]The charges have not changed over the last year. There are hospital records which prove that something did indeed happen. I do not think the Ellis camp is claiming that the injuries were fake or that someone else caused them. What is it that you feel is being made up here and what are your reasons for thinking that way?

The DA in the Duke rape case was a media whore and giving one absurd press conference after another almost on a daily basis. We have not heard even one peep out of this DA in more than a year. Other than the fact that they are (or were) both District Attorneys what else about the two of them strikes you as being even remotely similar?[/QUOTE]

================================================

Ray lewis, he was referring to Lewis.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4469913]================================================

Ray lewis, he was referring to Lewis.[/QUOTE]
    Yes but in the post immediately above that one he brought up the prosecutor Duke rape case.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4469211]I think he pleads guilty to a misdemeanor assault and settles for $$$ with the "victim" who is probably some loser frat boy from Hampton Roads looking for a pay day.

I think Ellis has a chance to be a beast. Ellis-Pouha-Coples all playing together - Oh my Lions, Tigers and Bears.[/QUOTE]

Agreed - He'll get some type of probation/community service....may even get suspended a game. Having no real knowledge about the events that we are talking about here, I would put a small amount of money that he is not convicted of felony assault.