Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COACH-ing dept. : Belichick , Rex .... ~ ~ ~

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    So in your world when you're moved from cb to safety it doesn't mean you suck like we all know was a huge part of equation?

Think if Eric Smith goes down,or when Leonhard went down the Jet thought of moving Cro or Revis?

Of course the 'things got so bad' line made perfect sense.

Amazing that your inner radar sent you running to defend a pat player and come up with an excuse for him sucking as badly as a corner can possibly suck.
    I did not defend him him, I said he played poorly last year. But the reason that he was moved to safety was that they had nobody else that was any better suited to play safety. I call it as I see it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I did not defend him him, I said he played poorly last year. But the reason that he was moved to safety was that they had nobody else that was any better suited to play safety. I call it as I see it.
    If he could play corner, a much more important position, he stays at corner.

And you pick up a scrub safety.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    McCourty had a bad year, but he was not moved to safety due to his play, but moved to safety as the Pats ran out of bodies there. His poor play IMO resulted from dwelling on previous plays and not forgetting about it.

If you can't play corner, does not mean you can play safety. Different skill sets.
    The reason some corners are able to transition to safety as they age and lose speed is that they can play Zone well, some corners like say Cro won't be able to, others like Terrel Thomas could.
    I call BS, your boy sucked last year:

Thus far in 2011, McCourty’s play has produced different results. He has a -6.3 coverage rating on the season and has given up more yards on balls thrown his way than any CB in the league. He is also tied for the league lead in receptions allowed and had been targeted more than any other corner heading into the Patriots’ Week 7 bye.

Now it could be a sophmore slump, maybe not but don't BS us. I'm not taking anything away from the pats, they beat the Jets twice and went to the SB but stop the BS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I call BS, your boy sucked last year:

Thus far in 2011, McCourty’s play has produced different results. He has a -6.3 coverage rating on the season and has given up more yards on balls thrown his way than any CB in the league. He is also tied for the league lead in receptions allowed and had been targeted more than any other corner heading into the Patriots’ Week 7 bye.

Now it could be a sophmore slump, maybe not but don't BS us. I'm not taking anything away from the pats, they beat the Jets twice and went to the SB but stop the BS.
    The guy is not my son, I don't give a rat's ass about him. he is a football player that plays on a team that I am a fan of. I root for the laundry, not the guy who is wearing it. I was a fan of the team before he was born and God willing I will be around to be a fan of the team years after he is retired. BB said he moved to safety because the drop off from him to the next guy playing safety was more than the drop off between the him playing corner and the guy backing him up. What is BS about that?
    That infers that he was playing corner so poorly that Sterling Moore as Street FA was closer to him in his ability to play corner.

But please don't make stats in football. Trust your eyes, this is not baseball.
    Last edited by patman; 06-02-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    McCourty had a bad year, but he was not moved to safety due to his play, but moved to safety as the Pats ran out of bodies there. His poor play IMO resulted from dwelling on previous plays and not forgetting about it.

If you can't play corner, does not mean you can play safety. Different skill sets.
    The reason some corners are able to transition to safety as they age and lose speed is that they can play Zone well, some corners like say Cro won't be able to, others like Terrel Thomas could.
    so , where would YOU rank mccourty ....
    as far as cb's in the afc east ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    so , where would YOU rank mccourty ....
    as far as cb's in the afc east ?

Based on last year, behind Arrington and maybe even Moore just on the pats.
    Based on his rookie year, the 2nd best in the division.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he could play corner, a much more important position, he stays at corner.

And you pick up a scrub safety.
    McCourty was the laughing stock and horrendous. Pats CBs should've got euthanesia last year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    McCourty was the laughing stock and horrendous. Pats CBs should've got euthanesia last year
    Yeah, they sucked last year.
    1. Arrington played just OK but should be no more than the #4 corner on a SB contending team.
    2. Pats McCourty, returns to his rookie form, and it was just a sophomore slump.
    3. Dowling played well before he went on IR, and should be healed and has been taking part in OTAs
    4. Moore was a nice surprise last year and played well late in the season.
    5. Denard has some talent I think to play the inside slot guy, but will probably be suspended for the first 4 games.

Definitely better than Molden, Philip Adams and Nate Jones.

I expect the pats to be middle of the pack in pass defense this year at best. About 50 yds less than the 300 yds per game that they averaged last year (yikes!) They will give up at that much as other teams struggle to play catch up to an improved Offense that averaged over 32 PPG last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark my words, best CB on the Pats this year will be Marquice Cole.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he signed for less than 1mill a year, why did rex let him go and not keep him for #4, he is supposed to have been a good special team player also?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect the pats to be middle of the pack in pass defense this year at best. About 50 yds less than the 300 yds per game that they averaged last year (yikes!) They will give up at that much as other teams struggle to play catch up to an improved Offense that averaged over 32 PPG last year.
    Honest question -- how much "improvement" can you expect from a team that averaged 32 PPG?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sophomore slump?

LOL.

Sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    he signed for less than 1mill a year, why did rex let him go and not keep him for #4, he is supposed to have been a good special team player also?
    IMO. Big mistake by Jets. They groomed him for 3 years only to let him go. He became a pretty solid nickel/dime back and ST for us.

But they gave Wayne Hunter $2.5MM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Honest question -- how much "improvement" can you expect from a team that averaged 32 PPG?
    maybe only a couple of points a game, but even on some unsuccessful drives that may get 3 or 4 more 1st downs in the game controlling the clock for another 3-5 min, less time for the opposing team to run the ball, forcing more passes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sophomore slump?

LOL.

Sure.
    What do you call it? oh that's right- Pats suck, I forgot. great conversation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Mark my words, best CB on the Pats this year will be Marquice Cole.
    The Pats love signing our backups and make them their starters..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe only a couple of points a game, but even on some unsuccessful drives that may get 3 or 4 more 1st downs in the game controlling the clock for another 3-5 min, less time for the opposing team to run the ball, forcing more passes.
    They'll definitely need to make an improvement, to not continually let the Pats D down like they did last season.

At least you are more reasonable in your arguments/presenting your case then 90210. You are a big improvement over that madman.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, they don't need to be an elite or even very good, just good will be great. At least Gregory is an NFL safety so that should help the corners also.
    Last edited by patman; 06-04-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    The Pats love signing our backups and make them their starters..and then beating us in the division year after year after year...
    fixed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with this. And who knows, if they convert even one or two more plays per game, maybe they win another SB last year.