Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: COACH-ing dept. : Belichick , Rex .... ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan On WFAN : 'I Don't Think I Ever Lost The Team'

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan was on the defensive earlier this week in an interview with Boomer & Carton on WFAN prior to the opening of the team's three-day mini-camp.First, Ryan seemed to take offense to being told his assertion that defensive coordinators would not be able to sleep at night trying to game plan for the Jets offense with Tim Tebow was "comical."

"I disagree, and I've been calling defenses a long time. The reason I say that is it makes you defend 11-on-11. Usually, you turn, you give the ball to a back, it's 11-on-10, basically. The quarterback's not blocking anybody," Ryan said.

The Jets coach also disagreed with the notion that he lost the team last season when the Jets went 8-8 and missed the playoffs."I don't think I ever lost the team. I never had a great pulse of it, knowing what was going on in the meeting rooms, different things like that that contributed to some of those issues. But I never lost the team," Ryan said. "There isn't one player on this team that's not my guy. ... So much has been placed on last year and things. Let me tell you, I definitely learned from it. But, for me, I'm going to be myself, I'm going to be in all those meetings, be around the guys as much as I possibly can."

Still, to say he "never had a great pulse of it" is a pretty large indictment. As always, you can never say Rex And the Jets are boring.

> http://newyork.sbnation.com/new-york...view-tim-tebow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow AFC East .... more or less ~ ~ ~

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~~~Kelvin boring thread after boring thread just more internet pollution or clutter. No intelligence to join another existing thread~~~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    ~~~Kelvin boring thread after boring thread just more internet pollution or clutter. No intelligence to join another existing thread~~~
    hi jordy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex's Jets like not having captains

> http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...m_content=Jets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've always loved Santonio Holmes ability on the football field, but Rex Ryan should've snatched that "C" right off of his chest, and snatched it off so fast, where Holmes wouldn't have seen what was coming. Coach Ryan should've removed the "C" from his chest inside of the locker room too, for the entire team to witness his "C" getting stripped. Humble him as a person and/or teammate.

Rex Ryan selected all the wrong captains last year.

You want a special teams captain? You look no further than coach Mike Westhoff. He's the only special teams leader who deserves a "C" in this locker room.

You want two defensive captains? You look no further than both David Harris and Bart Scott. A leader is a leader on and off the field, and Darrelle Revis is too much into himself (ala his contract status) for me to consider him a true defensive leader. A vocal leader in Bart Scott, a Linebacker who puts in all the dirty work inside of those trenches deserved that "C" last year. I guarantee Bart Scott wouldn't allow a single member on that defense to half ass it and/or play soft. David Harris is also the definition of an ultimate professional athlete. Lets his play on the football field do all the talking for his contract. Never been a distraction and would make a true leader for our entire defensive unit, especially our front 7.

You want two offensive captains? Just because Mark Sanchez plays the quarterback position, doesn't mean he's ready for the responsibilities of leading a group of men. Too much pressure was placed on a 3rd year quarterbacks shoulder. He was forced to perform as a captain, instead of focusing on developing into a potential/future franchise quarterback. Mark's time will come in regards to being a natural born leader, but if we're looking for two offensive leaders? Look no further than D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold. Ferguson has developed into a franchise left tackle and has started each and every game since being drafted back in 2006. Nick Mangold? The toughest offensive lineman I've seen in quite some time. He'll get banged up, he'll fall to the ground, but he'll rise up when it's all said and done. He'll play hurt if he has to.

With all that said? I like the idea of no team captains for this up coming season. We never had any C's on our chest during our two AFC Championship Games of 2009 and 2010. Now we're going back to Cortland for training camp (09 and 2010); watch us leave training camp and head into the season as true AFC Contenders. This team will bond. This team will gel. Cortland will bring this team closer as a unit.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-05-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A look at opponents :

New York Jets, Week 7 and 12

> http://articles.boston.com/2012-07-0...tebow-rex-ryan