Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Position is Our Weakest? Which is Our Strongest?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

What Position is Our Weakest? Which is Our Strongest?

I have to say I feel our CB position is probably the strongest. Revis, Cromartie and Wilson is pretty nice. But our safety is a huge issue behind our CB's. If Landry stays healthy.. That is one sick backfield.. Revis Island, Cromartie and Dirty 30. But it isn't a guarantee he will play the entire season. Who do we have as our safeties? Smith and possibly Leonhard again?

Our d-line is improving, we are adding youth and speed to our d-line, just brought in a good d-line coach, and rex's area of expertise is the d-line. We still have some molding to do with the d-line, but overall I think our defense as a whole will be top 5 again next year.

Our offense? Now that's a huge question mark. the O-line, the RB's, the QB position, the WR corps.. new offensive coordinator who never called plays before. It's a shame we have such a dominant defense, however the offense again is one huge question mark. I don't even know who my QB will be come week 8. Tebow or Sanchez? (I know, I know, 'nuff of the Tebow Talk.)

But what do you think our weakest positions are, and our strongest? How do we use our strengths and as well as our weaknesses the best we can?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weakest= free safety

strongest= defensive backs

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Cornerback is definitely the strongest. Receiver is the weakest, RB right behind. IMO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strongest: CB or D-line

Weakest: Owner

[B]Thank You Woody for bringing Tebow to the Jets now the first time Sanchez throws an incompletion and the Jets lose there's going to be an gigantic quarterback ccontroversy in the middle fo the season.[/B]

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4468693]Weakest= free safety

strongest= defensive backs[/QUOTE]

Ah, good call on safety

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NuJurzy87;4468680]I have to say I feel our CB position is probably the strongest. Revis, Cromartie and Wilson is pretty nice. But our safety is a huge issue behind our CB's. If Landry stays healthy.. That is one sick backfield.. Revis Island, Cromartie and Dirty 30. But it isn't a guarantee he will play the entire season. Who do we have as our safeties? Smith and possibly Leonhard again?

Our d-line is improving, we are adding youth and speed to our d-line, just brought in a good d-line coach, and rex's area of expertise is the d-line. We still have some molding to do with the d-line, but overall I think our defense as a whole will be top 5 again next year.

Our offense? Now that's a huge question mark. the O-line, the RB's, the QB position, the WR corps.. new offensive coordinator who never called plays before. It's a shame we have such a dominant defense, however the offense again is one huge question mark. I don't even know who my QB will be come week 8. Tebow or Sanchez? (I know, I know, 'nuff of the Tebow Talk.)

But what do you think our weakest positions are, and our strongest? How do we use our strengths and as well as our weaknesses the best we can?[/QUOTE]

Strongest -- CBs, easily. Two stud starters and a first round pick as the nickel back. Dline is next.

Weakest -- WRs. This could change, if Hill pans out. But right now, one of the starters is going to be Schilens or Hill (project).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4468696]Cornerback is definitely the strongest. Receiver is the weakest, RB right behind. IMO[/QUOTE]

This is right.

Edit: I forgot about safety.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4468696]Cornerback is definitely the strongest. Receiver is the weakest, RB right behind. IMO[/QUOTE]

That's absurd. Between Holmes, Hill, and Kerley we have a very talent (yet admittedly unproven) young group of starters that could be very very good. For the type of offense we will be running, I don't see us needing anything more than that when you throw Keller into the mix.

It's EASILY LB and S. We have 1 impact player there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strongest=CB, easily our best position as we have 2 top tier CBs and another up and coming guy.

Weakest=OLB, we literally have zero depth at the position. Aaron Maybin has not shown that he can be a starter and are we really counting on a 33 year old Bryan Thomas who is coming off of a achilles injury? Depth isn't the only concern there, we lack a impact OLB.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strongest- CB

Weakest- O-line

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

+10000000000000000000000000

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chupa;4468706]That's absurd. Between Holmes, Hill, and Kerley we have a very talent (yet admittedly unproven) young group of starters that could be very very good.[/QUOTE]

And they can just as easily be very bad as well.

Holmes wouldn't even be a #1 WR on more than half the teams and Kerley and Hill have 28 NFL receptions between them going into the season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strongest CB : all the talent, youth, experience and continuity you could hope for
    Weakest S: too many questions and injury risks to be confident.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4468744]And they can just as easily be very bad as well.

Holmes wouldn't even be a #1 WR on more than half the teams and Kerley and Hill have 28 NFL receptions between them going into the season.[/QUOTE]

Jets need to upgrade at the troll position.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strongest - obviously CB

Weakest - QB (still), RT (still), TE (still) WR corps is unknown quantity.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if we say what's the weakest *right now*, excluding potential free agent signings, it still really depends on what we have in these draft picks, especially the late round picks.

-I don't think much of Griffin and I don't think he'll be any kind of upgrade at guard, much less tackle.

-I like Ganaway a lot, but think he's a change-of-pace bruiser realistically, not going to make a huge impact.

-Bush tops out at situational free safety against multiple-WR sets, I think.

-Allen is a wildcard. Bottoms out at 5th safety, tops out at a bigger, stronger, faster version of Jim Leonhard.

-Jordan White has a chance to be late-career Hines Ward. Not an elite athlete but sure-footed and fearless.

So if all of these impressions turn out true . . .

STRONGEST: defensive backs and, shockingly, wide receivers -- if not at 1 and 2, at least in terms of quality depth.

WEAKEST: offensive line and, shockingly, running backs. No proven homerun hitters, a starter who benefited from a blocking scheme we won't be running anymore, and question marks behind that. It would be nice for McKnight or Powell to step up and surprise me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think FS is the Jets weakest posistion, how ever I think the rest of the secondary is strong enough to mask this. Same for running back, good O line play and we should be able to see good production out of th RB's.

The WR position is going to be hard to mask unless Hill over performs.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4468749]Jets need to upgrade at the troll position.[/QUOTE]

Wow..your sig just screams envy and jealousy:(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;4468718]Strongest=CB, easily our best position as we have 2 top tier CBs and another up and coming guy.

Weakest=OLB, we literally have zero depth at the position. Aaron Maybin has not shown that he can be a starter and are we really counting on a 33 year old Bryan Thomas who is coming off of a achilles injury? Depth isn't the only concern there, we lack a impact OLB.[/QUOTE]

I think the Jets are going to use alot of 4-man fronts next season - pretty much becoming a 4-3 defense. It would look like this:

DE: Coples
    DT: Pouha
    DT: Devito/Wilkerson
    DE: Pace (pace on running downs, maybin will be a situational 3rd down pass rusher which was basically his role already anyway)

OLB: Demario Davis
    OLB: Bart Scott
    ILB: Harris

Maybin would have to put on weight and reportedly he already has though starting from 228 lbs and going up is much more of a stretch than when John Abraham put on the weight in 2001 when he switched from OLB to DE.

Davis and Harris I have no doubt are fast and skilled enough to play in a 4-3 in the NFL. Scott is another issue I think he will be a liability but he was one already anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sogreedy23;4468762]Wow..your sig just screams envy and jealousy:([/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm jealous of Wes Welker's rings.