Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Griffin signed

Jets Insider VIP

Robert Griffin signed

RG2, that is...

[QUOTE]Jets have come to terms on a 4-year deal with OL Robert T. Griffin, per source.[/QUOTE]

i have a bad feeling about this pick..

but hey late rounder, let's see what he has...if we end up with good depth from him than it's a major win.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4468900]i have a bad feeling about this pick..

but hey late rounder, let's see what he has...if we end up with good depth from him than it's a major win.[/QUOTE]

The connection to Terrance Ganaway is interesting. This suggests to me that the Jets were scouting for RBs and saw RG2's performance and attributed part of Ganaway's success to their O-line or more specifically RG2.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4468900]i have a bad feeling about this pick..

[/QUOTE]

:confused:

Bad feeling how? Why?

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4468911]:confused:

Bad feeling how? Why?

_[/QUOTE]

it's just that...a feeling...

based on what i've read about him i'm not confident he will come through as a solid all around NFL player...

like i said, if he turns into solid depth than that's great!

i'm not professing to be an expert on the matter, just that i don't have a good feeling.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4468916]it's just that...a feeling...

based on what i've read about him i'm not confident he will come through as a solid all around NFL player...

like i said, if he turns into solid depth than that's great!

i'm not professing to be an expert on the matter, just that i don't have a good feeling.[/QUOTE]

I just thought it funny that you have a "bad feeling" about a 6th rounder, actually our 3rd 6th rounder and a comp pick at that.

Anything we get out of this massive guy has to be seen as a bonus.

He's the perfect guy to take a flyer on. If he becomes even a servicable back-up, we've done well. If he flames out, it's not that big of a deal.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JStokes;4468951]I just thought it funny that you have a "bad feeling" about a 6th rounder, actually our 3rd 6th rounder and a comp pick at that.

He's the perfect guy to take a flyer on. If he becomes even a servicable back-up, we've done well. If he flames out, it's not that big of a deal.

_[/QUOTE]

The UDFA's will probably give him a ulcer as well..:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4468951]I just thought it funny that you have a "bad feeling" about a 6th rounder, actually our 3rd 6th rounder and a comp pick at that.

_[/QUOTE]

Seriously. This pick is the definition of low risk, high reward, If he turns into even a serviceable player ala Robert Turner, the Jets hit a home run. If he busts, he's easily cuttable.

It's ridiculous to have a "bad feeling" about this pick.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4468963]Seriously. This pick is the definition of low risk, high reward, If he turns into even a serviceable player ala Robert Turner, the Jets hit a home run. If he busts, he's easily cuttable.

It's ridiculous to have a "bad feeling" about this pick.[/QUOTE]

This. Only Jets fans can worry about the production of a 6th rounder.

Hall Of Fame
    I have a bad feeing about UDFA LB Marcus Dowtin out of North Alabama.

North Alabama?

Is that even a college?

I see bust written all OVER this guy.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4468963]Seriously. This pick is the definition of low risk, high reward, If he turns into even a serviceable player ala Robert Turner, the Jets hit a home run. If he busts, he's easily cuttable.

[B]It's ridiculous to have a "bad feeling" about this pick[/B].[/QUOTE]

Not for a member of the Chicken Little Brigade..;)

jeebus...i never said he was expected to be a HOFer...i said if he turns out as good depth i'd be thrilled.

and chicken little brigade? lmao sorry but no.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4469009]jeebus...i never said he was expected to be a HOFer...i said if he turns out as good depth i'd be thrilled.

and chicken little brigade? lmao sorry but no.[/QUOTE]

I could understand a bad feeling of a top pick or a 2nd rd pick but a comp pick?? Sorry Turk but that is CLB type of feelings..:yes:

[QUOTE=Savage69;4469014]I could understand a bad feeling of a top pick or a 2nd rd pick but a comp pick?? Sorry Turk but that is CLB type of feelings..:yes:[/QUOTE]

i guess my word selection was poor because i'm having no such feelings or misplaced expectations.

let me put it this way.

"i have little hope that griffin will produce on the NFL level"

is that better?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4469018]i guess my word selection was poor because i'm having no such feelings or misplaced expectations.

let me put it this way[B].

[B]"i have little hope that griffin will produce on the NFL level[/B]"

is that better[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Much..:yes: Your name has been deleted from the CLB..;)

[QUOTE=Savage69;4469021]Much..:yes: Your name has been deleted from the CLB..;)[/QUOTE]

thank goodness! :D

btw taking bets that this will be bumped in 3 years when Griffin becomes a pro bowler and I will be tarred and feathered as a SOJF?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4469026]thank goodness! :D

btw taking bets that this will be bumped in 3 years when Griffin becomes a pro bowler and [B]I will be tarred and feathered as a SOJF[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Nah.. Just a poor judge of comp picks..;)

[QUOTE=Savage69;4469038]Nah.. Just a poor judge of comp picks..;)[/QUOTE]

:P:D

As per [COLOR="Red"]ROTOWORLD[/COLOR]

Jets agreed to terms with sixth-round OG Robert T. Griffin on a four-year contract.
    Over-sized at 6'6" and 340 pounds, Griffin struggles in space due to a lack of athleticism. While Griffin handles his pass-blocking chores well, he struggled to pull and block at the second level in the running game. He's a project for coordinator Tony Sparano.

Hall Of Fame
    No such thing as a sixth-round bust. No need to worry about this kid. Win-win situation. (And I am the negative guy :rolleyes:).