Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL.com: Tim Tebow winning over Jets Staff

NFL.com: Tim Tebow winning over Jets Staff

The home page link reads "Jets aide Cavanaugh glows over Tebow: 'He can be very good'"

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8291db39/article/tim-tebow-winning-over-jets-staff-?module=HP11_headline_stack[/url]

The early returns on Tim Tebow out of Florham Park are positive and gaining steam.

Nobody knew what to expect when the New York Jets traded for the former Denver Broncos starter, but Tebow told reporters last week he's played exclusively under center this offseason.

"I think he can be very good," Jets quarterbacks coach Matt Cavanaugh told the New York Daily News this week. "I was pleasantly surprised when I saw him over an extended period of time ... not just watching him play on film. I think he's certainly got the arm strength. He has good mechanics. They're getting better every day."

Tebow's work ethic is praised everywhere he goes, but his mechanics have been under fire from the minute he was drafted by Denver in 2010. Cavanaugh is focused on improving Tebow's footwork and delivery inside a clean pocket, according to the newspaper, but it's clear they're happy with his play.

We lack a clear blueprint for how Tebow will be used in New York's attack. Mark Sanchez is the starter for now, with Tebow expected to be used up to 20 snaps a game in the Wildcat -- but his role could grow. We expect it to if Sanchez rediscovers his troubles from last season.

Sanchez is being asked to play the part of good company man, surrendering a large chunk of his role in the offense to make room for Tebow. So far, Sanchez has adapted with poise, at least publicly.

"I think any quarterback that plays doesn't want to come off the field," Cavanaugh said. "But that's the head coach's decision. Between (coach) Rex (Ryan) and Tony Sparano, the offense will be totally set and that will be their plan. ... If you're a really good quarterback, you understand that you want to do what's best for the team. So I don't see it being an issue."

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/123/620/Oh-boy-here-we-go.jpg[/IMG]

The media is the absolute worst. FML

Jets Insider VIP
    Wait till he is on the feild winning us games with some Tebow magic. Hes gonna win the whole city over.

Bewildered Beast
    Meaty. Yah.

I hates them varmits

Hall Of Fame
    Hate to tell them how to do their jobs but I would appreciate if the mods merged this with the Cavanaugh thread.

And I ask my fellow JI brethren, please do a search or at least take a glance at the first page of The Strip before you make a Tebow threads.

Chances are someone has already beaten you to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yeah, Im talking to you.
    :P;):D

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4469330]Wait till he is on the feild winning us games with some Tebow magic. Hes gonna win the whole city over.[/QUOTE]

Excitement without wins is just excrement.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4469333]Hate to tell them how to do their jobs but I would appreciate if the mods merged this with the Cavanaugh thread.

And I ask my fellow JI brethren, please do a search or at least take a glance at the first page of The Strip before you make a Tebow threads.

Chances are someone has already beaten you to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yeah, Im talking to you.
    :P;):D[/QUOTE]

ah-iite; time to merge some *****es

Guys, like there's a tone of news right now to have to be worried about merging threads.....just sayin

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=jetman in indy;4469341]Guys, like there's a tone of news right now to have to be worried about merging threads.....just sayin[/QUOTE]

Is this the latest populist sentiment? Did you hear this on the street?

maybe I'll hold off

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4469337]ah-iite; time to merge some *****es[/QUOTE]

Greatest mod in the hiztory of JI.

:first_pla

Seriously.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4469343]Greatest mod in the hiztory of JI.

Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Oh noes...now what do I do?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4469343]Greatest mod in the hiztory of JI.

Seriously.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4469342]Is this the latest populist sentiment? Did you hear this on the street?

maybe I'll hold off[/QUOTE]

I take back everything I said.

:D

Bewildered Beast
    3 Jets QB related threads.

alright; here's the plan

1) Whine about Cavanaugh's myopic party line in the Cav thread

2) Invite all Tebowners to the "Tebow Impressive" thread

3) Poster's Choice: complain about Sanchez and/or Namath in that thread.

Go get em tigres

Anyone else worried that our QB coach thinks tebow's mechanics are 'good' ?

[QUOTE=Dunnie;4469452]Anyone else worried that our QB coach thinks tebow's mechanics are 'good' ?[/QUOTE]

Very concerned.

So NFL.com took the Daily News interview from Cavanaugh created a new spin?

And this is news?

Tomorrow's ESPN first take, Skip will have an all new diatribe about how the Jets are slowly moving away from Sanchez, blah blah blah...

The media is cranking this for all its worth, doesn't mean ****.

[QUOTE=jxc;4469311] Mark Sanchez is the starter for now, with Tebow expected to be used up to 20 snaps a game in the Wildcat -- but his role could grow. We expect it to if Sanchez rediscovers his troubles from last season.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, this statement is flat out lazy journalism. But its to be expected.

[QUOTE=Dunnie;4469452]Anyone else worried that our QB coach thinks tebow's mechanics are 'good' ?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=green and white forever;4469460]Very concerned.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the private coaching from Mazzone after last season helped ??

has anyone seen any recent vids of Tebow throwing the ball ? Or are you all basing your opinions off of what you saw last season ??

damn straight im worried, you have a SB winning QB in denver who couldnt wait to get rid of tebow, and now our qb coach is praising this bum and how good he is or can be. give me abreak, teblow sucks as a QB