Thread: Swamp People star Mitchell Guist dead

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Swamp People star Mitchell Guist dead

Swamp People’ star Mitchell Guist dies after fall from boat in Louisiana

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/33z8dgw.jpg[/IMG]

Daniel S Levine
    5/15/2012

Mitchell Guist, a frequent star of the History Channel’s popular reality series Swamp People, has died. Guist had fallen off of his boat Monday morning and the exact cause of death has not been reported.

Assumption Parish deputies confirmed his death to WBRZ on Monday. Sheriff Mike Waguespack told the media that Guist fell at 9 a.m. along the Belle River in nearby St. Martin Parish. Waguespack said that he fell just after his boat launched.

WAFB reports that Waguespack believes that it looked like Guist was having a seizure, but it isn’t yet clear if this caused the fall. He also said that Guist was with another man, who promptly took the boat back to the dock. He called 911 and tried to perform CPR at the scene.

TMZ reports that he was taken to a local hospital, but they were not able to revive him.

In a statement on the show’s Facebook page, the History Channel expressed its condolences to his family.

“We are extremely saddened to report that our friend and beloved member of the Swamp People family, Mitchell Guist, has passed away earlier today. Mitchell passed on the swamp, doing what he loved. We appreciate your respect for the Guist family’s privacy and hope you join us in sending our thoughts and prayers to his brother, Glenn, and the rest of the Guist family,” the statement read.

Guist starred on the series with his brother, Glenn. The show is currently in its third season and will continue airing the completed episodes as scheduled. A spokesman for History told WBRZ that they are working on a special episode “to honor his memory.”

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least he didn't suffer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4469438]Swamp People’ star Mitchell Guist dies after fall from boat in Louisiana

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/33z8dgw.jpg[/IMG]

Daniel S Levine
    5/15/2012

Mitchell Guist, a frequent star of the History Channel’s popular reality series Swamp People, has died. Guist had fallen off of his boat Monday morning and the exact cause of death has not been reported.

Assumption Parish deputies confirmed his death to WBRZ on Monday. Sheriff Mike Waguespack told the media that Guist fell at 9 a.m. along the Belle River in nearby St. Martin Parish. Waguespack said that he fell just after his boat launched.

WAFB reports that Waguespack believes that it looked like Guist was having a seizure, but it isn’t yet clear if this caused the fall. He also said that Guist was with another man, who promptly took the boat back to the dock. He called 911 and tried to perform CPR at the scene.

TMZ reports that he was taken to a local hospital, but they were not able to revive him.

In a statement on the show’s Facebook page, the History Channel expressed its condolences to his family.

“We are extremely saddened to report that our friend and beloved member of the Swamp People family, Mitchell Guist, has passed away earlier today. Mitchell passed on the swamp, doing what he loved. We appreciate your respect for the Guist family’s privacy and hope you join us in sending our thoughts and prayers to his brother, Glenn, and the rest of the Guist family,” the statement read.

Guist starred on the series with his brother, Glenn. The show is currently in its third season and will continue airing the completed episodes as scheduled. A spokesman for History told WBRZ that they are working on a special episode “to honor his memory.”[/QUOTE]

You've definitely got his eyes. I'm sorry for your loss.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I swear anyone with a beard or goatee has a freakin' reality show these days.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mitchell Guist >>>> Gary Moore.

_

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4469812]Mitchell Guist >>>> Gary Moore.

_[/QUOTE]

was this the post that got Stokes banned?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda creepy that GMC starts this thread the day he gets perma-banned. It's like he knew. :(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4470419]Kinda creepy that GMC starts this thread the day he gets perma-banned. It's like he knew. :([/QUOTE]

Hopefully, he'll never be back. The guy is a bigger douchebag sober than I am after a fifth of cheap vodka.

Still can't believe I got the moron to post pictures of tunafish. lolz...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4470426]Hopefully, he'll never be back. The guy is a bigger douchebag sober than I am after a fifth of cheap vodka.

[B]Still can't believe I got the moron to post pictures of tunafish.[/B] lolz...[/QUOTE]

lol....that's exactly why I'll miss him, his endless supply of unintentional moronic humor.