Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: My dinner with Tone

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=millsan1;4469506]I am straight up amped after this. He was completely honest with us, and the positives he put out there make me even more excited for this year.[/QUOTE]

This was the dumbest thing I've read all year. You might as well of made the post two lines and had it say:

I had dinner with Holmes... It was great and I hope you're all jealous. He made me feel good inside, I glad I burnt $50K to talk with him for 3 hours. lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4472245]Yes! Thanks for the OP with all the equivalent informational/nutritional value of a rice cake![/QUOTE]

Even were I to buy the premise that the original post had limited value (and I don't), I've read a lot of utter nonsense on this board over the months and years that did not provoke this level of cacophony in response. I guess old ladies and football fans get pretty angry when gossip is withheld from them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    They're trying to goad you into spilling more info, it's pathetic. Good for you for keeping your word even though there's no consequences for breaking it. What defines us is how we act when there's no one watching. And thanks for the PM with the extra info.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EternalChampion;4472261]They're trying to goad you into spilling more info, it's pathetic. Good for you for keeping your word even though there's no consequences for breaking it. What defines us is how we act when there's no one watching. [B]And thanks for the PM with the extra info[/B].[/QUOTE]

LOL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4472257]Even were I to buy the premise that the original post had limited value (and I don't), I've read a lot of utter nonsense on this board over the months and years that did not provoke this level of [B]cacophony[/B] in response. I guess old ladies and football fans get pretty angry when gossip is withheld from them.[/QUOTE]

Unusual JI vocab word. +12. :D

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EternalChampion;4472261]What defines us is how we act when there's no one watching.[/QUOTE]

Considering how every single thing happening in this thread is public information on the world's most popular Jets message board, I can only congratulate you on your complete misunderstanding of everything.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4472257]Even were I to buy the premise that the original post had limited value (and I don't), I've read a lot of utter nonsense on this board over the months and years that did not provoke this level of cacophony in response. I guess old ladies and football fans get pretty angry when gossip is withheld from them.[/QUOTE]

We need to introduce you to the wonderful world of SAR I threads... The place where the art of attention whoredom was perfected. Millsan1 has much to learn from the master.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4472267]LOL.[/QUOTE]

Now he's even starting fake accounts to make himself feel better. lol Dude was lying.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KingofNY;4472289]Now he's even starting fake accounts to make himself feel better. lol Dude was lying.[/QUOTE]

Well, thank goodness that after 208 posts, he's finally been exposed via the unassailable evidence contained in a passing reference by a third person to the contents of a private message seen by no one but sender and recipient. Civilization is preserved for another day and we can all sleep tonight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what you are trying to "goad" him into saying, when you all know pretty much EXACTLY what he said when the conversation turned to football and the Jets. He told him that all the problems were Shotty's fault, and not his.....and that's that. I doubt very much he said anything negative about Sanchez.

So what do we know about Holmes now that we didn't prior to this thread that now has 207 responses.....and growing. Holmes is a charming dinner guest, and initial poster had a good time, felt he got his money's worth, and has an attractive girlfriend.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4472308]So what do [B]we[/B] know about Holmes now that we didn't prior to this thread that now has 207 responses.....[/QUOTE]
    WHO THE HELL IS "WE"? YOU DON'T BELONG HERE, SCUMMY CHOWD.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4472257]Even were I to buy the premise that the original post had limited value (and I don't), I've read a lot of utter nonsense on this board over the months and years that did not provoke this level of cacophony in response. I guess old ladies and football fans get pretty angry when gossip is withheld from them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your sane posts in this thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4472325]Thank you for your sane posts in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Hey Chuck! Remember when Lucy pulled the football away?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4472297]Well, thank goodness that after 208 posts, he's finally been exposed via the unassailable evidence contained in a passing reference by a third person to the contents of a private message seen by no one but sender and recipient. Civilization is preserved for another day and we can all sleep tonight.[/QUOTE]

Did you get a PM with the extra info too? :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EternalChampion;4472321]WHO THE HELL IS "WE"? YOU DON'T BELONG HERE, SCUMMY CHOWD.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were one them? No?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4472297]Well, thank goodness that after 208 posts, he's finally been exposed via the unassailable evidence contained in a passing reference by a third person to the contents of a private message seen by no one but sender and recipient. Civilization is preserved for another day and we can all sleep tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to be up all night wondering whether or not Santonio or Millsan took home a doggie bag of leftovers from Shannon Rose.

:D

And FWIW - I appreciate Millsan sharing his experience, glad he has a renewed sense of Holmes's real worth to this team & donated his hard earned money to Sicle Cell Anemia, a very worthy cause.

:cool:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4472341]Did you get a PM with the extra info too? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Please stop interrupting. I'm putting myself on tape as we speak to provide the ugly details, to be delivered at midnight to Deep Throat's great-nephew, who will pass it to Terry Francona by way of strangers on a train, and thence on to the Evil Genius in Foxboro. Bad times coming, my friend, beware.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4472346]I thought you were one them? No?[/QUOTE]
    I'm going to do something I don't often do: assume you made an honest mistake AND NOT VERBALLY PULL YOUR PANCREAS OUT THROUGH YOUR THROAT!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EternalChampion;4472357]I'm going to do something I don't often do: assume you made an honest mistake AND NOT VERBALLY PULL YOUR PANCREAS OUT THROUGH YOUR THROAT![/QUOTE]WOW! you must be a REALLY tough guy to use all of those caps. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Guys like you make me laugh. But on the other hand you are very amusing. I bet you have your keyboard really intimidated because you are SOOOOO scary. You're so tough I bet you don't even need the light on when you sleep.

Too bad, but a few more posts like the one above, and you won't be around long. They are pretty tolerant here. but you have pretty much crossed the line, even for here.

BTW- You might want to choose someone other than Jordy to screw with. We often disagree but he CONTRIBUTES. I'm a much easier target for a bully.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My question is who in the world goes out to dinner with a pro football player for 3 hours and only discusses 20 minutes of football??????

You could have done that with a total stranger if you were interested in discussing travel, kids, etc.