Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My dinner with Tone

[QUOTE=millsan1;4469516][B]Keeping my word to another man is more important to me[/B] than most anything, least of all satisfying people on a fan board, sorry.[/QUOTE]

I can respect that, but I can't respect the fact that you pretty much put a carrot on a string in front of our faces and said go get it.

Toying with people is not cool brah.
    Last edited by bgivs21; 05-16-2012 at 10:35 AM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=millsan1;4469516]Keeping my word to another man is more important to me than most anything, least of all satisfying people on a fan board, sorry.[/QUOTE]

But it was important enough to immediately run to the fan baord to post your detail free story. Glad you had a great time but other than "I just had dinner with Holmes" your post was a complete waste of everyone's time.

Congrats on keeping it real though. :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I appreciate the class millsan is showing here in this thread. He had a very cool experience and wanted to share as much as he could with fellow Jets fans, while also keeping his word to Holmes. So what? Why is that a big deal? You gossip hounds, who live and die by rumors on twitter and blogs are embarrassing yourselves. Let millsan enjoy his experience dining with a Super Bowl MVP. What are you guys expecting, scanned images from the Jets playbook? Get a grip.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bullitt929;4469698]I respectfully disagree on this, Savage. I don't see how it matters whose idea it was. Millsan gave his word. Enough said. It also invites error to assume that others think like you---you say "if I were Tone..."---but his viewpoint would appear to be different than yours. Finally, millsan--and [B]all of us---get to decide for ourselves who we respect[/B].[/QUOTE]

True some Germans respected Hitler that doesn't make them right.. To me a player earns repect on the field maybe what he did last year earned yours but he didn't earn mine..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4469701]But it was important enough to immediately run to the fan baord to post your detail free story. Glad you had a great time but other than "I just had dinner with Holmes" your post was a complete waste of everyone's time.

Congrats on keeping it real though. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because all of our time is clearly very precious.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the Hampur and tell Stokes he shops in the boys department in Macy's.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=millsan1;4469666]OK, well this didn't go as planned. Thank you to those of you who understand that keeping your word is important.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post and kudos for keeping your word.

Anybody who would like some inside info from Tone could have ponied up and made the charitable donation. You did and I'm glad you had a good time.

On a complete side note, Savage is funny as hell. In a stupid thread about a dinner, he has:

Compared Tone to a terrorist and a rapist and Hitler.

Over the top much?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4469576]Great post and completely understand and respect the privacy.[/QUOTE]

exactly my thoughts also and understand the privacy do not give into these whiny fans..........

a mans word should mean more like it did in the old days.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4469706]I appreciate the class millsan is showing here in this thread. He had a very cool experience and wanted to share as much as he could with fellow Jets fans, while also keeping his word to Holmes. So what? Why is that a big deal? You gossip hounds, who live and die by rumors on twitter and blogs are embarrassing yourselves. Let millsan enjoy his experience dining with a Super Bowl MVP. What are you guys expecting, scanned images from the Jets playbook? Get a grip.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4469710]Yeah, because all of our time is clearly very precious.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the Hampur and tell Stokes he shops in the boys department in Macy's.[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point completely. Most everyone is happy the OP had a memorable dinner with Holmes. Only after getting negative feedback did the
    OP say that he didn't care what the board thought anyway....after posting his dinner recap on the board an hour after it ended.

The OP went out of his way, as others have noted, to mention several times that he was the recipient of inside info but had too much integrity to pas it on. Why repeatedly say that? You know that is going to get catcalls from other posters. Not a big deal, I'm still glad he had a good dinner and a memorable time.

I am sad about the 4 doot related posts in the Hampur that this has cost me though. :(

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=millsan1;4469565]Since you asked, it went something like this "Tone, between us, i promise not to share on messgae boards, can you tell me about x?"[/QUOTE]
    much respect in keeping your word. Tony Montana agrees :yes:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04LV6ZWKudA[/url]

I think some people take teh interwebz way too seriously. :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=millsan1;4469714]On a complete side note, Savage is funny as hell. In a stupid thread about a dinner, he has:

Compared Tone to a terrorist and a rapist and Hitler.

[B]Over the top much[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm where have I heard that before?? :confused: In a stupid thread about dinner you have classified football talk with a player about the team Top secret for your ears only..:eek: Homeland security will be knocking at your door soon..And they will be Hard Knocks..:P

Savage, I do the same thing, at times, just funny to me to see it.

As for why I posted repeatedly why I am not willing to divulge, it was far from "ha ha look what I know" and more "please don't ask and this is why I won't answer"

I am not a writer by trade, so I guess I did not convey the information cleanly. My bad.

I'm just happy to hear Holmes is mature enough to sit down with fans and not expect to have his butt kissed. Don't need to hear the gossip

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=millsan1;4469729]Savage, I do the same thing, at times, just funny to me to see it.

As for why I posted repeatedly why I am not willing to divulge, it was far from "ha ha look what I know" and more "please don't ask and this is why I won't answer"

I am not a writer by trade, so I guess I did not convey the information cleanly. My bad.[/QUOTE]
    90% of my posts are meant in a humorous way.. I do as I said have a problem with Tone.. Lets hope the upcoming season gives me reason to stop hating him..:yes:

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4469706]He had a very cool experience and wanted to share as much as he could with fellow Jets fans, while also keeping his word to Holmes. So what? Why is that a big deal? Let millsan enjoy his experience dining with a Super Bowl MVP. What are you guys expecting, scanned images from the Jets playbook? Get a grip.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for completely getting it.

Hall Of Fame
    All kidding aside. I do think it is good that you are a man of your word. But with that said, I would guess that most of it wasn't any state secrets. Just for the fun of speculating, I am sure Hunter and Sanchez were discussed. Possibly Mulligan and Moore. I am jealous b.c I think you got some honest information about Schotty as well. Maybe even Rex. Lucky you.

I used to frequent some of the same clubs as some Jet players when they were stationed on Long Island for TC. I participated in a few "social smokes". Probably heard some things I (as a fan) shouldn't have. Point is that when we watch these guys on TV we lose sight of the fact they are just people like everyone else. They don't always get along with their bosses or everyone they work with.

[QUOTE=millsan1;4469666]OK, well this didn't go as planned. Thank you to those of you who understand that keeping your word is important.

As for Tone and I. He wont be able to pick me out of a lineup in a week and I am fairly sure he doesn't even remember my name. He might remember my GF name though, she is a big fan and they talked a lot as well. I am under no delusion that he and I are now BFF.

We ate at Shannon Rose in Woodbridge. The winning bid for dinner was well north of $1000, but it was for charity and I regularly have $3-500 meals with just my GF and I, so I thought it money well spent.

I will try to surmise what I was getting at in my OP.
    _
    I was mad at Tone before dinner. We connected, over a few hours, on a person to person basis. The stories he shared with me makes me believe in the team and their potential for success. He feels the right pieces are in place and they can make it happen. He was genuine and I now have a lot of respect for him.

Hope this helps, and as for attention, I like you guys and this board, but as you can see from my massive post count, I am far from an attention whore. Just thought I would share what I thought was a good evening and share that I am more confident in this season because of what Tone shared with me.[/QUOTE]

Dude thank you for your insight even though it's cryptic it atleast gives me hope.

Who's Tone?

And who's the guy in the picture with you?

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4469743]But with that said, I would guess that most of it wasn't any state secrets.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am sure he did not tell only me these things. I am quite confident he has told a lot of other people. But the important part is I promised to not share it publicly. Would he know or really care if I did? Probably not. But I would, and that is important to me.