Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My dinner with Tone

[QUOTE=JetJontos;4469750]And who's the guy in the picture with you?[/QUOTE]

That's me on the left and some weird old white dude on the right. I told him a bunch of secrets. I hope he doesn't tell anyone.

[QUOTE=bullitt929;4469536]Thanks for sharing to the extent you could, it was an enjoyable read.

Kudos for keeping your word.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=millsan1;4469761]Yes, I am sure he did not tell only me these things. I am quite confident he has told a lot of other people. But the important part is I promised to not share it publicly. Would he know or really care if I did? Probably not. [B]But I would, and that is important to me.[/B][/QUOTE]

Good for you.

Seriously.

In this age of indulgence and chronic back-stabbing and info-whoring it is refreshing to hear that some people are above it.

Now is there any chance you would be willing to become a beat reporter?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd respect you more for not sharing the details of your conversation on a Jets fan message board if you didn't log on to the most popular Jets fan message board on the planet and start a thread about how you can't talk about the details of your conversation.

It's a classic passive-aggressive attention whore move. Congratulations.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4469660]I had dinner last night with Rex and Tanny.

They told me some things that will happen with the Jets, but I gave my word I would not say anything.[/QUOTE]

I had dinner with Belli last night.

He said absolutely nothing. :yes:

All Pro
    Thanks for sharing Millsan.

[QUOTE=millsan1;4469666]OK, well this didn't go as planned. Thank you to those of you who understand that keeping your word is important.

As for Tone and I. He wont be able to pick me out of a lineup in a week and I am fairly sure he doesn't even remember my name. He might remember my GF name though, she is a big fan and they talked a lot as well.[/quote]

Did she give him her number? ;)

[quote] I am under no delusion that he and I are now BFF.[/quote]

as long as SHE isn't his BFF.

[quote]We ate at Shannon Rose in Woodbridge. The winning bid for dinner was well north of $1000, but it was for charity and I regularly have $3-500 meals with just my GF and I, so I thought it money well spent.

I will try to surmise what I was getting at in my OP.

I was mad at Tone before dinner. We connected, over a few hours, on a person to person basis. The stories he shared with me makes me believe in the team and their potential for success. He feels the right pieces are in place and they can make it happen. He was genuine and I now have a lot of respect for him.

Hope this helps, and as for attention, I like you guys and this board, but as you can see from my massive post count, I am far from an attention whore. Just thought I would share what I thought was a good evening and share that I am more confident in this season because of what Tone shared with me.[/QUOTE]

Good news from our No. 2 receiver. ... Sahnnon Rose in Ramsey, NJ ?? Wow .. could have gone a little higher rent.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4469890]I had dinner with Belli last night.

He said absolutely nothing. :yes:[/QUOTE]

when I had dinner with him, he mumbled incessantly and spoke about Jets fans sucking his dick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dcat;4469903]when I had dinner with him, he mumbled incessantly and spoke about Jets fans sucking his dick.[/QUOTE]

Funny when I had dinner with him I left to go the bathroom and when I came back he had scribbled on the napkin he had to leave because Kraft called him and he stuck me with the check..:yes:

All League
    Thanks for sharing your story with us. Even without the details, the fact that you kept your word makes me trust in the fact that if you are optimistic about our situation next year, I should be too.

The best off season news I've heard, great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=millsan1;4469500]At last year's bowling event, I won the bidding on a dinner with Tone.

Tonight was the night of the dinner. We hung out for about 3 hours.

It was me, my GF, another couple (whom we went in half on the bid for dinner) and a marketing person from Shannon Rose, where we ate.

I was so mad at Tone for Miami. I had toyed with the idea of just telling him off and bouncing, but the other couple and my GF deserved their time with him.

He showed up and I made a decision to just not talk to him as a fan, but just as a person. We kicked off the evening talking about us, not him. We just shared stories about driving, riding MC, tickets, hobbies, our jobs, etc.

I think he realized we were not going to fan boy him, and he really opened up. We got into some personal stuff about him and his family. He really opened up and shared some private stuff with us. I promised these conversations were private, so I will not say more, but rest assured, he was very forthcoming.

We also spoke a bit about the Jets, last year, this year, the new players, his old team, etc. Again, I promised privacy for his openness, so I really cant go into detail but the conversation made me feel great about how the team should improve this year.

He confirmed a lot of what we, the fans, believe about people on the team and no longer with the team. He also shared some very interesting info about the issues on the team last year. I am sure the vagueness is aggravating, but I gave my word it was a private conversation, so I will not divulge the details.

After dinner, it was picture time. He was again, exceedingly gracious with us, and the staff at the restaurant. His day started this morning at 5:00 or so, he played in a charity golf event, and came to dinner with us. Dinner started at 8:30 and went until 11:30. He did not even ask to leave, we suggested that we should be done and he should leave. This was around 11:00. He then took pics with us for the next half hour, even though he was dog tired.

He also mentioned us on Twitter, which was really cool.

So overall, Tone is a genuinely normal and good dude. The team is in good shape and we should be confident going into this season. I was wrong in my perception of him.[/QUOTE]

all of that to say "i promised i wouldn't tell"

it simply could of said.

i won a dinner with Tone...but i told him whatever we discussed would remain private.

/thread

I had a brunch with Tanny the other day. It was awesome, he told me what went down with sh!tty and great inside scoops on revis and the safety position and also what the future plan is for building the team. It was amazing, great stuff, It makes me feel great about the jets. It was really interesting stuff.

But I told him I wouldn't tell anybody else. sorry. sucks for you guys:cool:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4469518]Tough for me to forgive him. Funny thing is that I love his game, he's not exceptional at any one thing, but he makes big plays. He should really benefit from having Stephen Hill opposite him this season. We'll see[/QUOTE]

There is nothing to forgive him for. He was the only one who stood up and decided that enough was enough, acted more like a captain than Sanchez, Mangold or the rest.

Santonio's public display brought real change to the team and that's all that really mattered then or now.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=millsan1;4469714]On a complete side note, Savage is funny as hell. In a stupid thread about a dinner, he has:

Compared Tone to a terrorist and a rapist and Hitler.

Over the top much?[/QUOTE]

Did you ask him if he reads Jets Insider? Is he one of my fans?

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4470050]Did you ask him if he reads Jets Insider? Is he one of my fans?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

who isnt a sar fan?? :)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dcat;4469903]when I had dinner with him, he mumbled incessantly and spoke about Jets fans sucking his dick.[/QUOTE]

He tried to bang my wife, offered her an apt. :D

All League
    Sounds like a good evening. I'm ready for training camp.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4469660]I had dinner last night with Rex and Tanny.

They told me some things that will happen with the Jets, but I gave my word I would not say anything.[/QUOTE]

You're damn lucky I'm not a mod, man somebody needs to ban your ass.

It's bad enough there are some unappreciative schmos in this thread, it doesn't need your unfunny redundant piling on. :mad: