Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My dinner with Tone

Good post OP. Thanks for sharing.

GJH pulled this same thing a few years ago with Gholston. Swore up and down he knew something about him that pretty much made him HATE the pick, but wouldn't share what (at least never did to my knowledge).

Regardless of what he knew/didn't know, he was right about the pick. We can only hope the OP is just as correct about this upcoming season . . .

[QUOTE=OCCH;4469622]GJH pulled this same thing a few years ago with Gholston. Swore up and down he knew something about him that pretty much made him HATE the pick, but wouldn't share what (at least never did to my knowledge).

Regardless of what he knew/didn't know, he was right about the pick. We can only hope the OP is just as correct about this upcoming season . . .[/QUOTE]

GJH is/was an attention whore loser.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Maybe you can do it Mad Libs style and have us fill in the blanks? Perhaps write out one of the stories leaving the pertinent details with a _____ and let us make out the details?

If we asked you questions, would you simply nod yes or no? I'll start with the question that everyone is probably salivating to ask:

Does the newsworthy story have anything to do with Josh Mauga?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4469578]Great news, appreciate the post and it's also nice to see a poster with some class, unlike a lot of these idiots[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=freestater;4469591]While we're on the subject of idiots, what "great news" could you have possibly gleaned from what millsan wrote? That he had a "great dinner"? Was that the "great news"? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Thank You freestater.

Two-way street.

It is all in the eye of the beholder.

[QUOTE=Carlton;4469628]GJH is/was an attention whore loser.[/QUOTE]

That's a bit harsh from a guy who dresses up like Frito Bandito to get his mug on TV for 2 seconds.

Back to the OP...What did you guys eat? (if you can divulge)
    Last edited by FF2; 05-16-2012 at 09:44 AM.

[QUOTE=FF2;4469646]That's a bit harsh from a guy who dresses up like Frito Bandito to get his mug on TV for 2 seconds.

Back to the OP...What did you guys eat? (if you can divulge)[/QUOTE]

SNAP. Soon you'll have more posts than him. :eek:

All Pro
    "I know something you don't know, and it is about you(r team)."

But on a serious note, sounds like a cool dinner, hope you're right about Tone and this upcoming season.

I once had dinner with Rex Ryan. It was awesome. We talked for hours about the game and the team. It was great. He even gave me a bunch of inside information on his relationship with Mark Sanchez. So cool! He told me all about Brian Schottenheimer and gave me some really juicy info on why he left. God that was awesome! He also gave me a bunch of information on how there will be big changes on the defensive side of the ball, including players and strategy. How cool is that!!?? Oh, and I also discussed the possibility of trading Revis and he gave me alot of candid answers. Can you believe it!!??

Banned
    [QUOTE=heymangold;4469537]

Waste of a post, no information on this except he put on a facade for a publicized dinner with a fan.

[/QUOTE]

I had dinner last night with Rex and Tanny.

They told me some things that will happen with the Jets, but I gave my word I would not say anything.

Awesome news, nice to hear it coming from the guy as well.

Haven't been used to much positive news on the Jets so ill take what I can get.

Training camp is just around the corner.

LGJ!

OK, well this didn't go as planned. Thank you to those of you who understand that keeping your word is important.

As for Tone and I. He wont be able to pick me out of a lineup in a week and I am fairly sure he doesn't even remember my name. He might remember my GF name though, she is a big fan and they talked a lot as well. I am under no delusion that he and I are now BFF.

We ate at Shannon Rose in Woodbridge. The winning bid for dinner was well north of $1000, but it was for charity and I regularly have $3-500 meals with just my GF and I, so I thought it money well spent.

I will try to surmise what I was getting at in my OP.

I was mad at Tone before dinner. We connected, over a few hours, on a person to person basis. The stories he shared with me makes me believe in the team and their potential for success. He feels the right pieces are in place and they can make it happen. He was genuine and I now have a lot of respect for him.

Hope this helps, and as for attention, I like you guys and this board, but as you can see from my massive post count, I am far from an attention whore. Just thought I would share what I thought was a good evening and share that I am more confident in this season because of what Tone shared with me.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MagroCrag;4469548]It's never too early to be cynical for a Jet fan:yes:[/QUOTE]

You need to post more often!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=millsan1;4469666] He might remember my GF name though, she is a big fan and they talked a lot as well. [/QUOTE]

... you're lucky it wasn't cro! ... she'd have been impregnated in the rest room :cool: ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=millsan1;4469666]OK, well this didn't go as planned. [B]Thank you to those of you who understand that keeping your word is important.[/B]As for Tone and I. He wont be able to pick me out of a lineup in a week and I am fairly sure he doesn't even remember my name. He might remember my GF name though, she is a big fan and they talked a lot as well. I am under no delusion that he and I are now BFF.

We ate at Shannon Rose in Woodbridge. The winning bid for dinner was well north of $1000, but it was for charity and I regularly have $3-500 meals with just my GF and I, so I thought it money well spent.

I will try to surmise what I was getting at in my OP.

I was mad at Tone before dinner. We connected, over a few hours, on a person to person basis. The stories he shared with me makes me believe in the team and their potential for success. He feels the right pieces are in place and they can make it happen. He was genuine and I now have a lot of respect for him.

Hope this helps, and as for attention, I like you guys and this board, but as you can see from my massive post count, I am far from an attention whore. Just thought I would share what I thought was a good evening and share that I am more confident in this season because of what Tone shared with me.[/QUOTE]

Did Tone swear you to secrecy or was that your idea?? Look I'm sure your a nice guy but if I was Tone I would want info to go out to the fan base to show he wasn't the self centered punk he was in sabotaging the Jet season during the stretch run last year.. If you posted the same thing about any other player but Tone it wouldn't have bothered me a bit.. I know some of my analogies may be over the top but saying you have a lot of respect for him now is like saying to a known rapist after dinner, Gee I would like this guy to date my daughter..:P

Thats pretty awesome.. I'm gonna go ahead and just assume Tone bashed Schotty and said just him being gone will be a huge step in the right direction haha.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=LeonSilver;4469686]Thats pretty awesome.. I'm gonna go ahead and [B]just assume Tone bashed Schotty [/B]and said just him being gone will be a huge step in the right direction haha.[/QUOTE]

Why assume he said that to the media last year..:confused:

[QUOTE=Savage69;4469683]Did Tone swear you to secrecy or was that your idea?? Look I'm sure your a nice guy but if I was Tone I would want info to go out to the fan base to show he wasn't the self centered punk he was in sabotaging the Jet season during the stretch run last year.. If you posted the same thing about any other player but Tone it wouldn't have bothered me a bit.. I know some of my analogies may be over the top but saying you have a lot of respect for him now is like saying to a known rapist after dinner, Gee I would like this guy to date my daughter..:P[/QUOTE]

Yes, your analogies are a bit over the top. :P

I was in the same boat as you as far as my disdain for him and my anger at him for quitting on the team. My position has changed. He was straight up honest with us, unless my BS detector is completely off, and that instrument gets used a lot.

That and $4 will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

[QUOTE=millsan1;4469694]Yes, your analogies are a bit over the top. :P

I was in the same boat as you as far as my disdain for him and my anger at him for quitting on the team. My position has changed. He was straight up honest with us, unless my BS detector is completely off, and that instrument gets used a lot.

That and $4 will get you a coffee at Starbucks.[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt Holmes is a genuinely good person.. he does a lot of charity work and lots of former teammates swear he's a great dude.

Guys like him have always had success on the field, and aren't used to things not going there way.. so when it did go wrong last year, he just kind of snapped. Hopefully we can avoid that happening again and he gets back to just scoring touchdowns and not causing problems.

[QUOTE=Savage69;4469683]Did Tone swear you to secrecy or was that your idea?? Look I'm sure your a nice guy but if I was Tone I would want info to go out to the fan base to show he wasn't the self centered punk he was in sabotaging the Jet season during the stretch run last year.. If you posted the same thing about any other player but Tone it wouldn't have bothered me a bit.. I know some of my analogies may be over the top but saying you have a lot of respect for him now is like saying to a known rapist after dinner, Gee I would like this guy to date my daughter..:P[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree on this, Savage. I don't see how it matters whose idea it was. Millsan gave his word. Enough said. It also invites error to assume that others think like you---you say "if I were Tone..."---but his viewpoint would appear to be different than yours. Finally, millsan--and all of us---get to decide for ourselves who we respect.