Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Link, sparano night and day from sh!tty, holding players accountable

All League
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;4469575]Jets have leaders as players, but they are quiet leaders - Harris, Mangold, DBrick, BT, even Revis (talkative lately, but not really in the Ray Lewis mold).

As for coaches, I know Rex can motivate them, but last season there seemed to be no coaches holding guys accountable. Sparano's disciplinary style and in your face attitude is what this team needs. I hope it works. A lot of times that complete 180 can work. I hope they all buy in to the style.[/QUOTE]

Good post.

I agree that Sparano's in-your-face style of coaching is just what the offense needed, and I think it [U]will[/U] work. He will demand that every player give their maximum effort on [U]every play[/U]. That little edge will help not only the running game, but Sanchez and the passing game too.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4469669]The more I read and hear about Sparano the less skeptical and critical I am about the hiring.

Keller definitely saying all the right stuff.

Long way to go but definitely and good start[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. Their were countless times last yr where you read quotes from players about how the O was "sloppy" in practice and other times where they sounded almost surprised when they had real crisp practice. There seemed to be real lack of accountability on O, frequent protection breakdowns, poorly run routes. I'm not expecting the offense to look like the packers or saints, but running the offense correctly and on point would be a nice start! Add in the youth, increased speed, and rex being more involved in the D again and we could have a real nice season ahead of us:yes:

I love Sparano so far just because he isn't Schitty.

Addition by subtraction.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4469676]Um.......... neither Lemon or Green were on that roster and Josh Mcnown was the starting qb before Chad showed up. Lets get the facts straight my friend.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were talking about the 1-15 season?? In 08 the other QB was rookie Chad Henne.. Show me stats of McCown as a Fin QB..

Jets Insider VIP
    Final preseason roster
    Miami Dolphins 2008 final preseason roster
    Quarterbacks

9 John Beck
    7 Chad Henne
    4 Josh McCown
    10 Chad Pennington

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4469725]Final preseason roster
    Miami Dolphins 2008 final preseason roster
    Quarterbacks

9 John Beck
    7 Chad Henne
    4 Josh McCown
    10 Chad Pennington[/QUOTE]

He never was a starting QB or on the season roster for the Fins then was he??

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4469640]No, Chad won the AFC East that year. Josh McCown was the starting qb before Chad got there. That was a 1-15 team without Chad.[/QUOTE]

Ok but Sparano wasn't the coach that year, so not sure what this has to do with him.

If anything, this is a pro-Sparano stat considering he took a 1-15 team to an 11-5 division winner...with someone who couldn't throw a ten yard out with zip!

One thing you have to give Schotty some credit for was pulling Holmes in that last game. It was obvious by Rex's response that was all Schotty's decision...Too little too late but at least he did it.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4469675]How exactly is this Ducasse's first full training camp?

Did he not participate in TC in 2010 as a rookie?[/QUOTE]

well he's still a rookie, so he hasn't had his rookie tc yet...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]Ok but Sparano wasn't the coach that year, so not sure what this has to do with him.[/QUOTE]

I am saying if the 2008 fins dont get chad handed to them, they are a 1-15 team that year with mcnown as the starting qb. maybe 0-16.

Listen, I hope Sparano works out. There is just not enough evidence to say he is going to be good or bad. Right now, I have sparano down as an unknown.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4469787]well he's still a rookie, so he hasn't had his rookie tc yet...[/QUOTE]
    What happened in his 2010 rookie TC?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4469601]Still not up to old Hermie's saying; You can't coach talent.. Well at least he couldn't..;)[/QUOTE]

Hey lay off my man Herm you know how I feel about about him Barbeque and all!!!!:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4469984]Hey lay off my man Herm you know how I feel about about him Barbeque and all!!!!:D[/QUOTE]

No doubt the Flim Flam BBQ man could really coach up some ribs and chicken..:P

All League
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4469614]I am so happy Schotty is gone, but I just cannot get that excited over Sparano. He did nothing in Miami that suggests he can run a good offense.

We will see in a few months what tony brings to the table.[/QUOTE]

He called the plays in Dallas, and was not OC in Miami

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4469999]No doubt the Flim Flam BBQ man could really coach up some ribs and chicken..:P[/QUOTE]

See that is your problem Savage you fail to realize the power of the [B][SIZE="2"]GRILL!!!![/SIZE][/B]

It's perception versus reality Baby.. perception versus reality!!!:D

[QUOTE=drsamuel84;4469772]One thing you have to give Schotty some credit for was pulling Holmes in that last game. It was obvious by Rex's response that was all Schotty's decision...Too little too late but at least he did it.[/QUOTE]

Really? He gets credit for pulling him in the last game of the year with 5 mins left? Quite the diciplinarian.

Anyway, there is usually a nice uptick in team play going from a "players coach" to a diciplinarian. We are in a sense doing that, albeit not the HC. However the accountabililty issue seems to me to be more offense only, so hopefully we will get the best of both worlds here.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]He called the plays in Dallas, and was not OC in Miami[/QUOTE]

Only running plays i believe. Haley was calling the passing plays.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4470060]Only running plays i believe. Haley was calling the passing plays.[/QUOTE]

Sparano called all the plays for Dallas in 2006 and only 3 teams scored more points and 4 had more yards. He called only runs in 2007 and the Cowboys scored the second most points and had the third most yards.

Good to hear... Sh!tty never seemed to do much motivating in game... Sparano will be different, which Sanchez needs to wipe the sourpuss look he often has sitting on the bench not looking at game shots...

Banned
    Chad Pennington was one of the worst starting QBs ever. He was an absolute abortion on the field. ;)

The Wildcat won the AFC East in 2008. Ronnie Brown was a machine that year.

:D :D :D :D