Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Link, sparano night and day from sh!tty, holding players accountable

I deserve some crow.

I defended Schotty from the more vitriol posters, I felt many were giving him an unfair shake, but the quotes from players this off-season have been alarming.

I've always thought, it's about the players buying in and believing into the program, the system, the philosophy, I thought most of the players did that, but it's obvious many didn't completely feel that way.

I felt injuries and inexperience at QB hurt Schotty, especially with rotating QB's in his first several years, it isn't an easy task, but I don't at all like how some players felt the previous staff didn't keep the players accountable, and how players felt Schotty did not create an atmosphere for the players to succeed, i.e. excessive verbiage, too complex to the point that players were not always on the same page, that's a major red flag.

Anyway, to those I battled on the board, mea culpa!!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4470636]I deserve some crow.

I defended Schotty from the more vitriol posters, I felt many were giving him an unfair shake, but the quotes from players this off-season have been alarming.

I've always thought, it's about the players buying in and believing into the program, the system, the philosophy, I thought most of the players did that, but it's obvious many didn't completely feel that way.

I felt injuries and inexperience at QB hurt Schotty, especially with rotating QB's in his first several years, it isn't an easy task, but I don't at all like how some players felt the previous staff didn't keep the players accountable, and how players felt Schotty did not create an atmosphere for the players to succeed, i.e. excessive verbiage, too complex to the point that players were not always on the same page, that's a major red flag.

Anyway, to those I battled on the board, mea culpa!!![/QUOTE]

The entire meltdown last year was on one side of the ball. I don';t thinbk I've ever seen it quite so stark in all the years I've watched football. I think this year is going to be a major rebound. Defense that isn't winded because of the Offense going 3-and-out constantly. Offense that is into ramming the ball down your throat, rather than seeing how smart they can look. I see good things coming.

Classy post, Ray. Welcome to the dark side. ;)

Banned

Not to be a d!ck (well maybe a little ;) ), but......

I told you so, Ray! I told you so!

:P :P :P :P

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4469625]Dan Henning was our oc in 2000 when our fullback, Ritchie Anderson, had 88 catches. When your fullback catches 88 balls, yor offense probably isnt very good.[/QUOTE]

Richie Anderson was actually a very good player. Not his fault he got open and was a great safety valve.

And on the flip side Schotty will probably end up getting himself fired from STL in 1-2 years.

Jets Insider VIP

Big Time post my Friend.... Big Time Post!!!!:yes: