Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick...

Jets Insider VIP

Sick...

At home in the midst of my second full week with a sinus infection. The first course of antibiotics didn't work, so the doctor kicked it up. Second prescription, I'm six days in out of ten and it isn't working. I'm on steroids for the internal swelling. My wife grabbed a Lenny's sandwich for me on her way home. Woke up at 4am and threw up dinner and lunch for 20 minutes. Still taking the steroids and antibiotics, but since I'm having trouble keeping food in, I've been ass-pissing any ingested liquids. Oh, and my 4 month old is home with me and he's running a fever. At least daytime tv sucks.

Pray. For. Mojo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hope you and the family feel better.

But for the record, I don't think that any posts made while on steroids should count toward top 10 status and therefore I will be leaving you off my ballot. ;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If it makes you feel any better, I called in sick today too.

But I'm not sick.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4469590]At home in the midst of my second full week with a sinus infection. The first course of antibiotics didn't work, so the doctor kicked it up. Second prescription, I'm six days in out of ten and it isn't working. I'm on steroids for the internal swelling. My wife grabbed a Lenny's sandwich for me on her way home. Woke up at 4am and threw up dinner and lunch for 20 minutes. Still taking the steroids and antibiotics, but since I'm having trouble keeping food in, I've been ass-pissing any ingested liquids. Oh, and my 4 month old is home with me and he's running a fever. At least daytime tv sucks.

Pray. For. Mojo.[/QUOTE]

This guy gets it.

Get well.

All League

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4469590]At home in the midst of my second full week with a sinus infection. The first course of antibiotics didn't work, so the doctor kicked it up. Second prescription, I'm six days in out of ten and it isn't working. I'm on steroids for the internal swelling. My wife grabbed a Lenny's sandwich for me on her way home. Woke up at 4am and threw up dinner and lunch for 20 minutes. Still taking the steroids and antibiotics, but since I'm having trouble keeping food in, I've been ass-pissing any ingested liquids. Oh, and my 4 month old is home with me and he's running a fever. At least daytime tv sucks.

Pray. For. Mojo.[/QUOTE]

I had the old Norovirus on Friday. Ass pissed so much Friday night I had to go to the ER to get IV fluids. Took 2 bags of fluids and STILL didnt have to piss for 6 hours.

Just had my first actual meal...not BRAT crap...since friday.

Get better, JT...

All League
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4469596]If it makes you feel any better, I called in sick today too.

But I'm not sick.[/QUOTE]

snork

Isn't this kind of attention-whoring, whiny post meant for Facebook®?

Just kidding...sucks being sick for so long, hope it ends soon.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4469632]Isn't this kind of attention-whoring, whiny post meant for Facebook®?

Just kidding...sucks being sick for so long, hope it ends soon.[/QUOTE]

Or Twitter with some candid pics.

Hope you feel better. Definitely not fun. Hope your baby gets better soon.

Try eating some bananas for the diarrhea. I know people say you are supposed to starve the virus, but for some reason they work for me and I don't throw them up. That and Pepto usually stops the leak for me. :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    the boys wish you a speedy recovery...

[IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=37&pictureid=232[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Pray. For. Mojo.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4469605]I had the old Norovirus on Friday. Ass pissed so much Friday night I had to go to the ER to get IV fluids. Took 2 bags of fluids and STILL didnt have to piss for 6 hours.

Just had my first actual meal...not BRAT crap...since friday.

Get better, JT...[/QUOTE]

This is tough....pissing out of your ass and not having a real meal since Friday vs. throwing for 20 minutes whilst being sick for 2 weeks with a sinus infection.

In a split decision, JT wins. Was it an Emma's Combo per chance?

Get well soon fellas.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4469687]This is tough....pissing out of your ass and not having a real meal since Friday vs. throwing for 20 minutes whilst being sick for 2 weeks with a sinus infection.

In a split decision, JT wins. Was it an Emma's Combo per chance?

Get well soon fellas.[/QUOTE]

No, it was the H1 (Thanksgiving), my go-to. Went out and got myself a two liter bottle of Coke. It's half gone and the colon-water has slowed a bit.

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/crossfire1/Hampur/JTdiarrhea.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame

Pray. For. Mojo.[/QUOTE]

You're ass-pissing but not throwing up?

What are you complaining about, that sounds like nirvana.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4469784]You're ass-pissing but not throwing up?

What are you complaining about, that sounds like nirvana.

_[/QUOTE]

Edit: Just saw that you threw up--that's a non-starter for me.

But PK sounds like he's in heaven. Diarrhea with no nausea?

This guy has it all.

_

All Pro
    How could anyone be surprised? I question the well-wishers a little also. Years and years of anal trauma come with a terrible price. Enablers, all of you. :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4469873]How could anyone be surprised? I question the well-wishers a little also. Years and years of anal trauma come with a terrible price. Enablers, all of you. :confused:[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Illness update: I was sleeping face-down on the couch and groggily squeezed out a fart. Only it wasn't a fart. Basement shower was closest and I managed to avoid leaking anywhere but my pants. Got a load of laundry in now. So much for a leisurely wake up. My mother took pity and took the baby for a while.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4469906]:rolleyes:

Illness update: [B]I was sleeping face-down on the couch and groggily squeezed out a fart. Only it wasn't a fart. Basement shower was closest and I managed to avoid leaking anywhere but my pants. [/B] Got a load of laundry in now. So much for a leisurely wake up. My mother took pity and took the baby for a while.[/QUOTE]

Don't be mad, but I lol'd. I do have some sympathy and hope that you'll remember this time when you're again tempted to jam a Powerade bottle up your crease. Stay strong, people tell me it gets easier.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4469906]:rolleyes:

Illness update: I was sleeping face-down on the couch and groggily squeezed out a fart. Only it wasn't a fart. Basement shower was closest and I managed to avoid leaking anywhere but my pants. Got a load of laundry in now. So much for a leisurely wake up. [B]My mother took pity and took the baby for a while[/B].[/QUOTE]

After sh!tting yourself on the couch, I hope she did.

You should get a picture of you and your baby in diapers together. It would be a nice keepsake.

I'm thinking of trying the H1 today. I'm getting bored of the same crap.