Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez & The Jets: How Not to Develop a Young QB

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4469988]First of all sunshine, you don't know how well Tebow can throw. I mean, have you been there at the practices watching him ?? Or are you just basing your "expert" opinion off of what you saw last year ??

.[/QUOTE]

It's not beyond reason that Tebow may actually get better in the passing game.. We shall see..:yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4469936]
    I get you hate Sanchez and you love Tebow, but they will not be running the same offenses when the season starts.

_[/QUOTE]

Oh, forgot to address this one. Have said it a number of times and I'm not sure how you could have missed it, but I'll go ahead and do it again. This time in nice big bold red letters, just to make sure that it doesn't escape your attention.

It's extremely silly for you to accuse me of hating Sanchez when I am on record as saying that [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="7"][B]Sanchez is a better QB than Tebow and that I think Sanchez should be the starter and Tebow should be the backup.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

That help clarify things ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4469995]It's not beyond reason that Tebow may actually get better in the passing game.. We shall see..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Yep. Maybe his sessions with Mazzone led to vast improvements. If so, hopefully it will be ingrained and he'll pass that way during games while under pressure.

I keep thinking of the line from Happy Gilmore and can see Rex now saying:

"Tebow learned how to pass, Uh Oh, "

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4469988]First of all sunshine, you don't know how well Tebow can throw. I mean, have you been there at the practices watching him ?? Or are you just basing your "expert" opinion off of what you saw last year ??

Even if they have to dumb things down a bit for Tebow, that will STILL BE the SAME OFFENSE, just slightly limited. Wow, freaking newsflash, that's what happens when MOST backups come in. The team runs a more simplified version of their normal offense.

So again, contrary to YOUR claim, Tebow is learning the base offense and IF Sanchez goes down, that is what he will be running most the time.

Now, taking issue with your last two lines. Of course Tebow and Sanchez won't be running the "same" offense at the beginning of the year as Tebow would be running WC if/when he gets put in for a couple of plays or a series.

But, that's his second role. If Sanchez goes down, that's a different story. I don't know why you have such a difficult time wrapping your little head around that concept.

Hell, Mark freaking Sanchez even talked about it when he said that as a backup, you PREPARE for the game as if you are going to play, but then you usually don't get a chance. That lucky for Tebow, he has OTHER SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES which will get him onto the field anyways.[/QUOTE]

First of all sunshine, I DO know that Tebow can't throw well. and no, I haven't been there at the practices watching him ?

Have YOU? Have YOU seen any imptovement? With your own eyes or are you just going off of the articles and quotes by our awesome QB coach.

I've seen enough of Tebow throwing (I have the NFL package and watch nearly every game I can, one of my closest frieds is a bronco fan and we've watched a ton of games together), read enough articles, heard enough professional analysis to feel pretty good IN MY OPINION that he sucks as a thrower. He does.

If Sanchez goes down, we're f*cked. Does the back up have a dumbed down playbook? Of course. And it usually signals the end of the season. Folks are counting on Tebow to be a savior. I'm not, just my opinion. If Sanchez goes down, IU think they'll need to scrap whole portions of the playbook. Just my opinion.

I would have been fine with Stanton, a guy who has a similar skill set to Sanchez, as opposed to a guy who has a completely different skill set.

I get it, you'd prefer to have the back up to have a completely different skill set than the starter. That's your opinion and I don't share it.

Look, I get it, you love Tebow and you hate Sanchez, but it's all about opinion. Please, stop stalking me. It's creepy.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4469997]Oh, forgot to address this one. Have said it a number of times and I'm not sure how you could have missed it, but I'll go ahead and do it again. This time in nice big bold red letters, just to make sure that it doesn't escape your attention.

It's extremely silly for you to accuse me of hating Sanchez when I am on record as saying that [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="7"][B]Sanchez is a better QB than Tebow and that I think Sanchez should be the starter and Tebow should be the backup.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

That help clarify things ?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Not one bit.

Larger font, different colors, doesn't matter. I don't believe the words you're (or is it your) typing.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4469937]Yeah, but Young and Vick and Newton could/can all throw in addition to run.

_[/QUOTE]

The offense that Tebow will run as a WC QB throwing a wrinkle in the game is not the offense that Tebow would run if Sanchez went down for an extended period of time.

That O would be somewhat different but would be no different than when other teams with QBs who have different styles are forced to change QB's.

They would not run a completely different offense. Not like some have made it out to be, where there is a play book for Sanchez and everyone will also have to learn the Tebow playbook.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-16-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4469973]So your commenting on something you haven't read is intelligent football talk:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

lol seriously..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4470012]First of all sunshine, I DO know that Tebow can't throw well. and no, I haven't been there at the practices watching him ?

Have YOU? Have YOU seen any imptovement? With your own eyes or are you just going off of the articles and quotes by our awesome QB coach.[/quote]

Actually, I've read what the awesome QB coach has said, as well as what Sparano has said and what Rex has said. I have also read what Kerley and others have said.

I'd get into what Kerley said but I doubt that you'd understand the relationship between throwing mechanics and throwing hard.

[QUOTE]I've seen enough of Tebow throwing (I have the NFL package and watch nearly every game I can, one of my closest frieds is a bronco fan and we've watched a ton of games together), read enough articles, heard enough professional analysis to feel pretty good IN MY OPINION that he sucks as a thrower. He does.
    [/QUOTE]

Brilliant. You haven't even seen Tebow throw a pass as of late and you refuse to listen to anyone from the Jets, but you have already solidified your opinion of Tebow. Absolutely frakking brilliant I tell you.

[quote]
    If Sanchez goes down, we're f*cked. Does the back up have a dumbed down playbook? Of course. And it usually signals the end of the season. Folks are counting on Tebow to be a savior. I'm not, just my opinion. If Sanchez goes down, IU think they'll need to scrap whole portions of the playbook. Just my opinion.

I would have been fine with Stanton, a guy who has a similar skill set to Sanchez, as opposed to a guy who has a completely different skill set.

I get it, you'd prefer to have the back up to have a completely different skill set than the starter. That's your opinion and I don't share it.

Look, I get it, you love Tebow and you hate Sanchez, but it's all about opinion. Please, stop stalking me. It's creepy.

_[/QUOTE]

Your brilliance never stops. You admit that when backups come in, it usually signals the end of the season. yet, Tebow came in as a backup last year, turned the season around and led the Broncs to the playoffs and a victory of the Steelers.

Yet you'd rather have Drew Stanton as the backup ? That's frakking delusional.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LeonSilver;4470032]lol seriously..[/QUOTE]

He didn't need to, he listed his reasons why he thinks the Jets handled him right. He covered his point well actually.

As others have said, no one here has seen Tebow recently, havent seen if there is anything to his being coached up this offseason, haven't seen him with different players, offense etc.

Hasn't stopped them from making comments on what he will be like, do etc next season.

Or what Sanchez will be like under Sparanos O.:yes:
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-16-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4470012]First of all sunshine, I DO know that Tebow can't throw well. [/QUOTE]

Arguing who can throw the football better, Sanchez or Tebow is like arguing who has better eyesite, Mr Magoo or Ray Charles.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4470021]The offense that Tebow will run as a WC QB throwing a wrinkle in the game is not the offense that Tebow would run if Sanchez went down for an extended period of time.

That O would be somewhat different but would be no different than when other teams with QBs who have different styles are forced to change QB's.

They would not run a completely different offense. Not like some have made it out to be, where there is a play book for Sanchez and everyone will also have to learn the Tebow playbook.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU.

Actual "Wildcat" is not an offense and it won't sustain you through entire games. It's a change of pace formation.

Hopefully, the Jet's will be running Spread Option with Tebow (even if they call it "Wildcat". Spread Option is a complete offensive system, BUT, the Jets won't spend their time/resources on implementing a complete version of it, i.e. won't be enough there to run it as the base offense for an entire game.

If Sanchez gets hurt and Tebow comes in, he will be running the base offense (perhaps cut back to some degree) and some Wildcat.

Funny thing that many people don't get is that Denver ran their "base" offense quite a bit last year. Everyone thinks that they ran a ton of option, but in reality, they didn't.

For example. On that 95 yard, 12 play drive, I believe there were 2 option plays at most. The rest were regular old NFL formations :)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4470019]Nope. Not one bit.

Larger font, different colors, doesn't matter. I don't believe the words you're (or is it your) typing.

_[/QUOTE]

yet again demonstrating your complete brilliance.

Tell me sunshine, has it ever dawned on you that a person can support both Sanchez AND Tebow ?

That a person, such as myself, can defend Tebow, yet still think that at this time, Sanchez is the better QB and should be the starter ??

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4470069]yet again demonstrating your complete brilliance.

Tell me sunshine, has it ever dawned on you that a person can support both Sanchez AND Tebow ?
    [B]
    That a person, such as myself, can defend Tebow, yet still think that at this time, Sanchez is the better QB and should be the starter[/B] ??[/QUOTE]

If your a fan of the team and not just a player fan to me that's the only way to be..:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LeonSilver;4469692]I saw this posted on reddit, a link to another site.. but this article is pretty awesome.. it's funny because it's true, which also makes it sad. The Jets really have done a poor job developing Sanchez.. Schotty and Cavanaugh have such terrible resumes and are the worst pair of coaches to develop a QB picked in the top 5 of the draft. Cavanaugh should have been shown the door along with Schotty imo.. and the revolving door at WR for this kid has been terrible.

Here's the link, hope I'm doing this right.. I don't want to break any of the rules here lol: [url]http://turnonthejets.com/2012/05/new-york-jets-how-not-to-develop-a-young-quarterback/[/url][/QUOTE]

Lol. I think mark Sanchez was handled among the best qb's this decade. I challenge anyone to give 4-5 examples of anyone handled better then he and big Ben/rivers.

-top oline
    -top defense
    -great run game first two years
    -same playbook and of first 3 years
    -traded for tone
    -traded for Braylon
    -traded up for Keller.
    -all pro lt and center
    -Continuously given public praise by hc
    -new contract even after he sucks.

Sanchez has been given more then the vast majority of Nfl qb's. It's going into year 4 people, lets stop the bs excuses. If the guy can't cut it this year it's time for him to go be go be a backup somewhere and to finally say he sucks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4469746][B][U]Chapter One[/U][/B] – “What you want to do is hire a defensive Head Coach who has [B]no interest in the offense whatsoever[/B]".

Right there is the problem in a nutshell.[/QUOTE]

Don't agree at all.

Brady/belicheck.
    Swartz/lions
    Rivera /cam

All the way down to hiring chuck in Indy after planning to draft luck a defensive head coach and young qb have went hand in hand. Our hc still made sure we traded and drafted offensive players every year including this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4470082]If your a fan of the team and not just a player fan to me that's the only way to be..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Savage, I guess I'm kind of complicated in that regard. I definitely am a fan of Tebow and have been since he destroyed my favorite teams back in the SEC. I hated him at first, but over time, a grudging admiration developed.

The best example I can come up with is that I'm like an in-law. I've come to the Jets family because of a single person (Tebow), but I hope to develop a deep and long lasting relationship with the entire family. With that in mind, I considered myself a Jets fan the day that Tebow was traded and I want them to do well.

Contrary to Stokes' beliefs, I think that Sanchez is the better QB right now and that Tebow should be the backup and that the WC will definitely benefit the team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KR;4470087]Lol. I think mark Sanchez was handled among the best qb's this decade. I challenge anyone to give 4-5 examples of anyone handled better then he and big Ben/rivers.

-top oline
    -top defense
    -great run game first two years
    -same playbook and of first 3 years
    -traded for tone
    -traded for Braylon
    -traded up for Keller.
    -all pro lt and center
    -Continuously given public praise by hc
    -new contract even after he sucks.

Sanchez has been given more then the vast majority of Nfl qb's. It's going into year 4 people, lets stop the bs excuses. If the guy can't cut it this year it's time for him to go be go be a backup somewhere and to finally say he sucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, compare Sanchez and the Jets to Cleveland and Oakland :)

Have things been absolutely perfect ? No. But the situation with Sanchez and the Jets has been lightyears better than what most young QBs get thrown into.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Demosthenes9;4470112]Savage, I guess I'm kind of complicated in that regard. I definitely am a fan of Tebow and have been since he destroyed my favorite teams back in the SEC. I hated him at first, but over time, a grudging admiration developed.

The best example I can come up with is that I'm like an in-law. I've come to the Jets family because of a single person (Tebow), but I hope to develop a deep and long lasting relationship with the entire family. With that in mind, I considered myself a Jets fan the day that Tebow was traded and I want them to do well.

Contrary to Stokes' beliefs, I think that Sanchez is the better QB right now and that Tebow should be the backup and that the WC will definitely benefit the team.[/QUOTE]

There is definitely a lot to like about Tebow the person.. And who knows in time he may develop into a complete NFL QB.. I'm looking forward to a great year from Sanchez but I do understand the concern of some fans for the media circus Tebow can bring to the team which can cause complications for the franchise..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4469811]Schotty should have left with mangini. That was the biggest problem right there.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Just who's idea was that to keep him on board anyway? Looks like the same playbook stayed on also

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it amusing that some people are arguing that Sanchez was handled well when he clearly has not....

As I have said ad nauseum elsewhere a good defense does not mean you have WRs who can gain seperation from the defense or RBs who can hit holes with authority or insure that OL can protect the QB (ummm HUNTER!!).

The fact that Sanchez was a rookie and raw by collegiate standards is what he was and something that the Jets as an organization had to know when they drafted him!!!!

These aren't excuses, if the Jets were to get rid of Sanchez as some are hoping for out here and put Tim Tebow out there you could beat your bottom dollar that I would be arguing that the Jets should be supporting of their starting QB and Tebow time!!!!

To argue that a QB doesn't need support that fits in with his talent and ability is just plain silliy IMO.