Thread: IMO its the O Line. Period.

IMO its the O Line. Period.

That is the key to us being 10-6 or better as opposed to being 8-8 again, or, possibly worse. The O Line. The O Line is the difference between us having an explosive offense as opposed causing us to have a QB Controversy. Our defense will always be good enough to win football games (or at least keep us competetive in games) with Rex behind it, hell, it could even be dominating this year if QC plays to his talents, and Mo matures a bit.

The O Line. I can't say it enough. If we can do a better job protecting the QB, Sanchez has a chance to be a great one. We have offensive weapons, RB's, WR's, and a TE or 2 that can catch balls all over the field. Tough to do when your QB is knocked on his a$$ on the first play from scrimmage in a new season, and several times in each and every game. That was what happened to Mark on the very first play of last season. DeMarcus Ware knocked him to Saturn, and Sanchez proceeded to take a beating every subsequent week thereafter. Unreal. I knew we were in deep trouble right then & there, because we had a sub par O Line, or, the O Line put forth a sub par effort, one or the other. Is Wayne Hunter the answer? Will Vladimir Ducasse mature into the player those who spent a #2 pick on him think he is? Or will we sign someone to play RT? I kind of wish we had either drafted a RT or at least signed someone instead of relying on these 2 players but who knows, with a full TC and OTA's maybe these 2 guys will actually be able to block somebody.

Just some Ramblings for a boring Wednesday waiting for game 2 of Rangers Devils.

L G R

Games are usually won in the trenches. Mark Sanchez ran for his life last year and was forced into bad decisions. The OL needs to improve if this team is going anywhere.

All Pro
    Statistically the Jets Oline was average last year, it's more complicated then saying that the Oline was responsible, although I agree they were part of the problem.

Mangold getting hurt, Moore coming off hip surgery, even my man DeBrickshaw struggled at times.

It was more of a perfect storm.

Coaching, decline in LDT, changes in WR corp, injuries, expanded role for Sanchez, Mulligan as the blocking TE, poor play on specials, the loss of T Rich, Woody, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    This teams goes as far as Sanchez goes.

If he takes a big step towards solidifying himself as a franchise QB, then this team can do some damage.

If he continues his inconsistent play and doesn't improve, then this is a mediocre team that is set to blow up their entire offense in the near future.

It's a little more than the O-line. There are way to many over rated/paid under achieving players on this team. Last season this team showed zero heart. If Rex can't pull this team together this season, he may not be here much longer.

Have to agree about the importance of the O line. I'm especially worried about RT. Have not followed all the offseason moves. Have we picked up anyone who might have a chance of beinbg less of a turnstile than Wayne Hunter?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;4469917]That is the key to us being 10-6 or better as opposed to being 8-8 again, or, possibly worse. The O Line. The O Line is the difference between us having an explosive offense as opposed causing us to have a QB Controversy. Our defense will always be good enough to win football games (or at least keep us competetive in games) with Rex behind it, hell, it could even be dominating this year if QC plays to his talents, and Mo matures a bit.

The O Line. I can't say it enough. If we can do a better job protecting the QB, Sanchez has a chance to be a great one. We have offensive weapons, RB's, WR's, and a TE or 2 that can catch balls all over the field. Tough to do when your QB is knocked on his a$$ on the first play from scrimmage in a new season, and several times in each and every game. That was what happened to Mark on the very first play of last season. DeMarcus Ware knocked him to Saturn, and Sanchez proceeded to take a beating every subsequent week thereafter. Unreal. I knew we were in deep trouble right then & there, because we had a sub par O Line, or, the O Line put forth a sub par effort, one or the other. Is Wayne Hunter the answer? Will Vladimir Ducasse mature into the player those who spent a #2 pick on him think he is? Or will we sign someone to play RT? I kind of wish we had either drafted a RT or at least signed someone instead of relying on these 2 players but who knows, with a full TC and OTA's maybe these 2 guys will actually be able to block somebody.

Just some Ramblings for a boring Wednesday waiting for game 2 of Rangers Devils.

L G R[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/Hansen22_bucket/Diverse/captain-obvious-captain-obvious-dum.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]