Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And the McKnight Bubble Bursts....

And the McKnight Bubble Bursts....

[B]Jets RB/KR Joe McKnight acknowledged that he gained 15 pounds during the offseason by eating "a lot of McDonalds."[/B]

[B]At least he's honest. "I was eating healthy, but the majority of the time I was eating bad," said McKnight. "I wasnt eating all the right stuff." McKnight is averaging under four yards a carry for his career, and managed a pathetic 3.12 mark last season while fumbling three times on 43 rushing attempts.[/B]

This is awful news.....no athlete should be eating McDonald's period, let alone "the majority of the time." So much for the argument that this was hard work, protein and dedication.

this is perplexing..the guy makes a living on his speed and he stuffs his face with McDonalds????

Jets Insider VIP
    And, for someone with his build and likely his fast metabolism, he'll burn those 15 pounds off in a few training camp practices. This isn't the first time an athlete has gone this route, and it won't be the last. This is truly not a big deal, but leave it up to JI to pick apart something so miniscule.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=eaglenj;4470165][B]Jets RB/KR Joe McKnight acknowledged that he gained 15 pounds during the offseason by eating "a lot of McDonalds."[/B]

[B]At least he's honest. "I was eating healthy, but the majority of the time I was eating bad," said McKnight. "I wasnt eating all the right stuff." McKnight is averaging under four yards a carry for his career, and managed a pathetic 3.12 mark last season while fumbling three times on 43 rushing attempts.[/B]

This is awful news.....no athlete should be eating McDonald's period, let alone "the majority of the time." So much for the argument that this was hard work, protein and dedication.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he barfed it after thus building up his stomach muscles..:P

link? is this is a joke? :steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    This is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any BB sites talk about eating McDonalds??

Guess he wasn't scared of the pink slime

[QUOTE=barkus;4470174]link? is this is a joke? :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Its from Rotoworld, per Manish Twitter

All League
    Charter JI Member

No one should be surprised at the poor eating habits of young athletes.

You have to remember, when these guys were in High School their parents took care of their meals. When these guys go to powerhouse schools like USC all of their meals are essentially catered by the athletic department.

Part of going to college as a regular student is learning how to take care of yourself, live on your own etc.

It's not like that for athletes like McKnight, they always have someone available to do these kinds of things for them.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4470172]And, for someone with his build and likely his fast metabolism, he'll burn those 15 pounds off in a few training camp practices. This isn't the first time an athlete has gone this route, and it won't be the last. This is truly not a big deal, but leave it up to JI to pick apart something so miniscule.[/QUOTE]

He may hurl up 7 to 10, if history is any guide.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4470172]And, for someone with his build and likely his fast metabolism, he'll burn those 15 pounds off in a few training camp practices. This isn't the first time an athlete has gone this route, and it won't be the last. This is truly not a big deal, but leave it up to JI to pick apart something so miniscule.[/QUOTE]

So for the past week everyone has debated the ability of someone to put on 15 lbs of muscle as reported. Now the player himself says the weight he put on was during a time when he was eating arguably the least healthy food available to a person....sorry if I think that is news worthy.

Its great for you to think its "no big deal" for someone in their 3rd year, with a HUGE new responsibility as the 2nd-senior most RB on the team to come in "needing to drop 15 lbs" rather then coming in to TC in the best shape of their lives as they should.

Good call!

All League
    It was a joke you humorless twats.
    [QUOTE=Joe McKnight]The goal was I wanted to comeback & not just be labeled a speciality back... I wanted to show I can run between tackles. That's one of reasons to put the weight on. [B]I just had to make sure it was the right (type of) weight.[/B][/QUOTE]

stop overreacting...these guys eat mcdonalds type stuff all the time...this does show the 15 lbs likely isnt sustainable but no need to bash the guy its not a big deal.

btw pro body builders eat mcdonalds to get their calorie counts up when needed....so this isn't revolutionary...problem is, there is no way he will sustain this unless he eats clean like a total beast.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ozu;4470190]It was a joke you humorless twats.[/QUOTE]

Which part? Probably not all that funny if you have to explain it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4470189]So for the past week everyone has debated the ability of someone to put on 15 lbs of muscle as reported. Now the player himself says the weight he put on was during a time when he was eating arguably the least healthy food available to a person....sorry if I think that is news worthy.

Its great for you to think its "no big deal" for someone in their 3rd year, with a HUGE new responsibility as the 2nd-senior most RB on the team to come in "needing to drop 15 lbs" rather then coming in to TC in the best shape of their lives as they should.

Good call![/QUOTE]
    Never said it wasn't news worthy, just that you shouldn't be getting so up in arms about it. Though, judging by your paragraph responses, it seems you already have.

I bet you were ****ing devastated when Jets players were eating McDonalds cheeseburgers on the field, in front of the Hard Knocks cameras and all of the coaches.

Hall Of Fame
    Waiting for Stokes...

Waiting for Ray Ray...

Hall Of Fame
    Please note that hamburger is mostly muscle tissue from a cow so putting on 15 LBS of muscle in the off season is not 100% false :yes:

Just saying.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=EM31;4470221]Waiting for Stokes...

Waiting for Ray Ray...[/QUOTE]

1. Banned

2. Can't wait for spin.

If this is true it basically sh!ts on that other thread.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4470210]Never said it wasn't news worthy, just that you shouldn't be getting so up in arms about it. Though, judging by your paragraph responses, it seems you already have.

I bet you were ****ing devastated when Jets players were eating McDonalds cheeseburgers on the field, in front of the Hard Knocks cameras and all of the coaches.[/QUOTE]

No actually i wasnt devastated, I thought it was part of the "Relaxed Rex" way of doing things...but I certainly didnt like it.

Then I saw the Coach himself get angry about it and my thoughts were backed up.

Then I slowly watched as the same lack of dicipline that led to the cheeseburger incident slowly, but surely crept into every corner of the locker room. Starting with a WR ignoring his QB in meetings, and culminating with an OT trying to fight said WR IN THE HUDDLE DURING A GAME.

Then that same coach, who promoted that relaxed atmosphere admitting that he didnt know what was happending in his own locker room. All of which in summary caused us to lose our last 3 games (due mostly to lack of dicipline - see Holmes fumble vs philly).

So if you are asking if I believe that the "little things" in life/work matter, the answer is yes I do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[B]I was eating healthy, but the majority of the time I was eating bad[/B]

I'm not even sure what this means. Joke or not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crasherino;4470229][B]I was eating healthy, but the majority of the time I was eating bad[/B]

I'm not even sure what this means. Joke or not.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what LT(LB'er) was eating when he was snorting a eightball a day and making All Pro??:P