Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And the McKnight Bubble Bursts....

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4470172]And, for someone with his build and likely his fast metabolism, he'll burn those 15 pounds off in a few training camp practices. This isn't the first time an athlete has gone this route, and it won't be the last. This is truly not a big deal, but leave it up to JI to pick apart something so miniscule.[/QUOTE]

You may be right about burning it off. It certainly means he did little off season work and is not going to be a factor early anyway.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4470229][B]I was eating healthy, but the majority of the time I was eating bad[/B]

I'm not even sure what this means. Joke or not.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree, one of the most non-sensical things Ive ever read.

All Pro
    McKnight should really keep these thing to Himself till he accomplish something on the field.

Guys who sit in front of a computer all day should be critical of what a pro athlete eats! He'll be fine. It's May 16th!

[QUOTE=eaglenj;4470165][B]Jets RB/KR Joe McKnight acknowledged that he gained 15 pounds during the offseason by eating "a lot of McDonalds."[/B]

[B]At least he's honest. "I was eating healthy, but the majority of the time I was eating bad," said McKnight. "I wasnt eating all the right stuff." McKnight is averaging under four yards a carry for his career, and managed a pathetic 3.12 mark last season while fumbling three times on 43 rushing attempts.[/B]

This is awful news.....no athlete should be eating McDonald's period, let alone "the majority of the time." So much for the argument that this was hard work, protein and dedication.[/QUOTE]

Ocho Cinco ate McDonalds once a day during his hey-day.

Maybe it explains his poor showing in old age but it shouldnt affect Joey. He should be more worried about getting the approval of the coaching staff.

Also, why all the hate for a solid overall contributor and the leagues best kick returner???

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4470225]So if you are asking if I believe that the "little things" in life/work matter, the answer is yes I do.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I wasn't, but good to know.

[QUOTE=Tony Danza;4470282]Ocho Cinco ate McDonalds once a day during his hey-day.

Maybe it explains his poor showing in old age but it shouldnt affect Joey. He should be more worried about getting the approval of the coaching staff.

Also, why all the hate for a solid overall contributor and the leagues best kick returner???[/QUOTE]

No hate for his performance in 2011 at all, I thought he showed a lot. I just really hoped he was gonna build on that performance and come into camp ready to take a big step forward as our 2nd string RB and potentially push greene for the starting job.

I personally dont think eating McDonalds would be the way to go about that, thats all.

does this mean kerley is returning kickoffs too?

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4470291]Actually, I wasn't, but good to know.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you questioned why I would make a big deal out of something so insignificant, so ahhh, yea, you did.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4470165][B]Jets RB/KR Joe McKnight acknowledged that he gained 15 pounds during the offseason by eating "a lot of McDonalds."[/B]

[B]At least he's honest. "I was eating healthy, but the majority of the time I was eating bad," said McKnight. "I wasnt eating all the right stuff." McKnight is averaging under four yards a carry for his career, and managed a pathetic 3.12 mark last season while fumbling three times on 43 rushing attempts.[/B]

This is awful news.....no athlete should be eating McDonald's period, let alone "the majority of the time." So much for the argument that this was hard work, protein and dedication.[/QUOTE]

Of course it could have been oatmeal, milk shakes,fish etc. but why not just assume the worst because you have a vendetta against him?

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wjdkny[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4470302]Actually, you questioned why I would make a big deal out of something so insignificant, so ahhh, yea, you did.[/QUOTE]

A statement =/= a question.

Good day to you, sir.

Told u guys u can't gain 15 pounds of muscle in a months. And it was all his genetics. Lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[/QUOTE]

[B][I]Jets RB/KR Joe McKnight has added 15 pounds of muscle this offseason.[/I][/B]

[I]The extra bulk was an offseason goal for McKnight, ostensibly to challenge Shonn Greene for backfield snaps after the Jets failed to add an impact tailback in free agency or the draft. It should be noted, however, that backs don't always improve with added weight. Felix Jones, a recent example, noticeably lost explosiveness.[/I]
    [I][SIZE=1]Source: Jane McManus on Twitter[/SIZE] [/I]

So the 15 pounds of muscle McKnight added during the offseason is courtesy of McDonald's? Isn't McDonald's a proud sponsor of the NFL too?

:mcdonalds

[QUOTE=IndianaJet;4470185]No one should be surprised at the poor eating habits of young athletes.

You have to remember, when these guys were in High School their parents took care of their meals. When these guys go to powerhouse schools like USC all of their meals are essentially catered by the athletic department.

Part of going to college as a regular student is learning how to take care of yourself, live on your own etc.

It's not like that for athletes like McKnight, they always have someone available to do these kinds of things for them.[/QUOTE]

I agree with these statements. It's kind of pathetic that some pro athletes, albeit young, don't even know how take in proper nutrition. :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470224]1. Banned

2. Can't wait for spin.

If this is true it basically sh!ts on that other thread.[/QUOTE]
    Stokes was banned?

Details please...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4470306]Of course it could have been oatmeal, milk shakes,fish etc. but why not just assume the worst because you have a vendetta against him?

---
    I am here: [URL]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wjdkny[/URL][/QUOTE]
    McDonalds has salads too, yes?

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4470306]Of course it could have been oatmeal, milk shakes,fish etc. but why not just assume the worst because you have a vendetta against him?

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wjdkny[/url][/QUOTE]

"Vendetta"???? Where is that from exactly?

I have defended McKnights 2011 season on here multiple times.

I posted this for 2 reasons...

1. Its pertinent as there is a massive thread about his muscle gain.

2. Its indicative of his immaturity and lack of professionalism which has been questioned in the media and on this board.

I am 100% behind him as a player and wish he did gain 15 lbs of muscle eating fish and oatmeal. Unfortunately it doesnt appear that way.

Guess im a SOJF too. God forbid there is a negative quote posted here.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4470332]Stokes was banned?

Details please...[/QUOTE]

Think it has something to do with this thread: [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244218&page=2[/url]

McKnight must have asked Ochocinco for dietary advice.

Ocho eats McDonald's every day, and usually multiple times each day. He says it's good for you [URL="http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2265663/highlight/20456"]as long as you work out enough to burn it off[/URL].

I certainly don't think it's a good thing that McKnight has been pounding McD's, but I don't expect that it will have much of an effect on a 24 year old, world class athlete.

Not fair, but that's the way it is.

I see that McKnight is following the Bryan Thomas method of ruining your upcoming season. 'memba this?

[QUOTE]Thomas would go to McDonald’s once a day, then retreat to his apartment and stare at an empty kitchen. First, he blamed anxiety for his bad eating habits. Then, he blamed an operation to remove his wisdom teeth.

He dropped nearly 30 pounds in his rookie season and lost any hope for a starting position on the defensive line. He needed a dentist, a nutritionist and finally a wife to help repair his teeth, balance his diet and get him back into game shape.

“That was really the beginning of my growing up here,” Thomas said. “It was part of my getting older, getting wiser.”
    [/QUOTE]
    [url]http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/sports/football/10jets.html[/url]

[QUOTE][Bryan Thomas], who came in weighing 266 pounds, has lost almost 20 pounds because of poor eating habits, a wisdom-tooth operation and his concerns about a false assault allegation against him last month. The accusation from a former girlfriend, which did not result in charges, was the main reason for the weight loss, Thomas said.
    [/QUOTE]
    [url]http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/newsday/access/214317451.html?dids=214317451:214317451&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Oct+18%2C+2002&author=Ken+Berger&pub=Newsday+%28Combined+editions%29&desc=You+Are+What+You+Eat%2C+So+Thomas+Needed+Help&pqatl=google[/url]