Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And the McKnight Bubble Bursts....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4470343]Think it has something to do with this thread: [URL]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244218&page=2[/URL][/QUOTE]
    I just got finished reading a "shrimp" thread in the Hampur.

I think it was that one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

The NFL hasn't evolved all that much in the same way that Americans have with an emphasis on healthy eating. It starts with the meals served in school cafeteria's across the country and vending machines full of sodas & fatty snack choices. If it's available, people will eat and drink it. Who cares that it's bad for you so long as it tastes good & satisfies your cravings.

With NFL players, they work out harder than the average male their age, so IMO thy should be able to play hard too. So what if McKnight ate a few Happy Meals at McDonald's? Should somebody call Nick Marigold and tell him to stop being the "Customer of the Month" at Taco Bell & Smash Burger? Maybe Dustin Keller should stop writing foodie articles for the NY Times because he goes to NYC restaurants that don't post a calorie count on their menus?

:taco:

Jets Insider VIP
    Is it possible that McKnight was joking around or at the very least exaggerating?

[QUOTE=Jordy;4470358]Is it possible that McKnight was joking around or at the very least exaggerating?[/QUOTE]

if he was joking, it was a dumb joke. if he's not joking, it was bad judgment on several fronts. i think he has the ability to contribute but he's certainly not doing himself any favors.

[QUOTE=EM31;4470221]Waiting for Stokes...

Waiting for Ray Ray...[/QUOTE]

Why? I didn't really comment on the original McKnight thread, at least not about the topic.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470224]1. Banned

2. Can't wait for spin.

If this is true it basically sh!ts on that other thread.[/QUOTE]

Here is your spin Jr. :upyours:

Veteran
    good thing Ganaway was drafted, cause this slug isn't making the 53 man roster. i didn't quote the post, but someone mentioned McKnight being a solid contributor. i get people like him cause of his kick return abilities, but as a running back, he is horrible. he offers nothing to our offense as a running back.

[QUOTE=eaglenj;4470165][B]Jets RB/KR Joe McKnight acknowledged that he gained 15 pounds during the offseason by eating "a lot of McDonalds."[/B]

[B]At least he's honest. "I was eating healthy, but the majority of the time I was eating bad," said McKnight. "I wasnt eating all the right stuff." McKnight is averaging under four yards a carry for his career, and managed a pathetic 3.12 mark last season while fumbling three times on 43 rushing attempts.[/B]

This is awful news.....no athlete should be eating McDonald's period, let alone "the majority of the time." So much for the argument that this was hard work, protein and dedication.[/QUOTE]

Such is par for the course when it comes to Joe McKnight. Certainly this shouldn't come as any surprise to anyone here?:eek:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=heymangold;4470493]good thing Ganaway was drafted, cause this slug isn't making the 53 man roster. i didn't quote the post, but someone mentioned McKnight being a solid contributor. i get people like him cause of his kick return abilities, but as a running back, he is horrible. he offers nothing to our offense as a running back.[/QUOTE]

Awesome post :rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=heymangold;4470493]good thing Ganaway was drafted, cause this slug isn't making the 53 man roster. i didn't quote the post, but someone mentioned McKnight being a solid contributor. i get people like him cause of his kick return abilities, but as a running back, he is horrible. he offers nothing to our offense as a running back.[/QUOTE]

if you read the other post he was clearly joking.. just a heads up.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Can any of the newly named internet nutritionists explain the difference in eating non fast food while working out?

If the guy worked out and added muscle mass but supplemented it with trips to a fast food place, whats the difference?

Other than it just gives fools something else to whine about & nothing more?

Even if he was serious.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4470229][B]I was eating healthy, but the majority of the time I was eating bad[/B]

I'm not even sure what this means. Joke or not.[/QUOTE]

It's means Joe isn't very smart...

McKnight was 100% joking. He was asked how it put on the weight & he jokingly said McDonald's. He admitted he occasionally cheated on his diet w/ McDonald's but that's not how he gained the weight. He was given a diet plan & workout routine to follow by the trainers & he has done so. He also said he knows he can't sustain the weight & expects to lose 5-10 pounds during training camp. That's why he gained so much, so by start of the season he can come in lose weight & still be above his usually weight of 200.

The McDonald's part was a joke & he clearly said as much. I have him saying this on my recorder. Apparently many writers & Twitter didn't get that it was a joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4470512]It's means Joe isn't very smart...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Joe's the one who isn't very smart. LOL :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cnimbley;4470545]McKnight was 100% joking. He was asked how it put on the weight & he jokingly said McDonald's. He admitted he occasionally cheated on his diet w/ McDonald's but that's not how he gained the weight. He was given a diet plan & workout routine to follow by the trainers & he has done so. He also said he knows he can't sustain the weight & expects to lose 5-10 pounds during training camp. That's why he gained so much, so by start of the season he can come in lose weight & still be above his usually weight of 200.

The McDonald's part was a joke & he clearly said as much. I have him saying this on my recorder. Apparently many writers & Twitter didn't get that it was a joke.[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the info.

It was obviously a joke but some people here need to have it spelled out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=cnimbley;4470545]McKnight was 100% joking. He was asked how it put on the weight & he jokingly said McDonald's. He admitted he occasionally cheated on his diet w/ McDonald's but that's not how he gained the weight. He was given a diet plan & workout routine to follow by the trainers & he has done so. He also said he knows he can't sustain the weight & expects to lose 5-10 pounds during training camp. That's why he gained so much, so by start of the season he can come in lose weight & still be above his usually weight of 200.

The McDonald's part was a joke & he clearly said as much. I have him saying this on my recorder. Apparently many writers & Twitter didn't get that it was a joke.[/QUOTE]

The food court at the Short Hills Mall & Dougs Fish Fry up in Cortland thank you for clearing that up. (-;

[QUOTE=crasherino;4470229][B]I was eating healthy, but the majority of the time I was eating bad[/B]

I'm not even sure what this means. Joke or not.[/QUOTE]

Lmfao

I thought the same thing, reading through all the tweets, but hey, this board has turned into "As Jets Insider turns..." lately... :rolleyes:

All Pro
    McDonalds gets a bad rap, I use to live off that food.

Jets Insider VIP
    What he actually said:

When asked how he gained the weight McKnight joked, “Man, a lot of McDonald’s. I was, what? 198? I mean I had to eat.”

“Yeah, I mean I gained it the right way then went and worked out and it changed to muscle. I wasn’t eating everything bad, I cheated a couple of days. You get your cheat days every once in awhile, I might of cheated more than I was supposed to (smiling). I kind of stuck to my plan though.”

McKnight said the heaviest he’s ever played at is 200, but he said he’s been working with a plan the trainers gave him. He said the trainers, “know about my fat mass, my muscle mass. They know all about that stuff.” His joke about McDonald’s were apparently taken seriously by many on Twitter earlier today, but McKnight confirmed he was joking before turning in one final joke while admitting he wasn’t perfect with his diet, ”I ain’t going to say I was eating healthy, like I was eating all the right stuff like Tim Tebow.”

When asked if he thinks he can sustain the weight McKnight said, “No I don’t think I can sustain it because I think I’m going to lose a couple when I go into camp. You know with the pads, the heat and everything I’ll probably start the season at probably between 210 and 205. That’s where I want to be at by the time the season starts. When I go into camp I don’t want to lose too much weight and then be underweight. So I just put the weight on so when I get to camp I can lose the right amount of weight and go into the season ready to run.”

Naturally when someone as quick and fast as McKnight tacks on extra weight the first question many will have is what effect will the weight gain have on their speed?

“Gaining the weight, it hasn’t slowed me down. I mean I don’t feel like I’ve slowed down and from what I’ve heard it doesn’t look like I’ve slowed down.” McKnight said. “I got more explosive and more powerful out of my cuts, I can say that.”

As usual, the nuts are running the asylum around here.