Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 jets quotes &notes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

5/16 jets quotes &notes

McKnight said offense let out "sigh of relief" when they saw Sparano's play book. No late changes based on coverage. "just win your matchup"

McKnight said of last year "we were just thinking so much, (Sparano) just made it more easy for us this year." #nyj

McKnight also talked about how much simpler the offense is this year, says if things were like this last year season would've end much diff.

McKnight on the Sparano offense: "If we had that last year, I think we could've done better. #nyj

Bart Scott says he's not speaking at voluntary workouts. "Yes, I love Tebow," he said as he walked out. #nyj

Kendrick Ellis repeating it's "a legal issue" 2 questions re: his upcoming trial. On a fball note, he called Dunbar "a technician" #nyj

Kenrick Ellis down 10lbs to 335. Said he wants to lose another 5. #nyj

Ellis says he feels so much better, more comfortable & ready going into this season than last. Much more familiar w/ what's expected of him

Revis said if he were an opponent seeing Sanchez & Tebow on field @ same time, 1st thought: trick play. Said there's no way 2 prepare 4 that

McKnight also said weight gain was thanks in part to McDonalds. "I wasn't eating all the right stuff like Tebow" he joked. #nyj #Jets

Revis said Jim Leonhard would be missed if he doesn't come back this year. #nyj #

Revis on Tebow: "He's a born leader." #nyj

Revis said he's seen Sanchez and Tebow leading extra throwing and catching sessions on the side. #nyj

Revis told Tebow he's watched him since high school. Said walking in hallway, eating lunch u can c Tebow has a passion #nyj

Darrelle Revis on Tim Tebow: "He's a born leader. Very few athletes have the gift that he has." Says he even sees Tebow's passion at lunch.

Moore drew a laugh from reporters. Said he's never seen Revis & Tebow eat together.

Tim Tebow asks a tired Bart Scott to go to the cold tub. Scott responds by asking Tebow if he'd baptize him. #Nyj

Tebow walks by Bart Scott, who's lying face down in Jets lockeroom. Tebow: "That's what happens when you get old." Bart's response: "%$&!?!"

And yes, Bart Scott was joking around with Tim Tebow. #nyj

McKnight, "goal was I wanted to comeback & not just be labeled a speciality back... I wanted to show I can run between tackles...

...that's one of reasons to put the weight on. I just had to make sure it was the right (type of) weight." (c) McKnight
    Last edited by Scoop24; 05-16-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    please add the mcdonalds statement please

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the post......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Scoop24;4470303]McKnight said offense let out "sigh of relief" when they saw Sparano's play book. No late changes based on coverage. "just win your matchup"

McKnight said of last year "we were just thinking so much, (Sparano) just made it more easy for us this year." #nyj

McKnight also talked about how much simpler the offense is this year, says if things were like this last year season would've end much diff.

McKnight on the Sparano offense: "If we had that last year, I think we could've done better. #nyj
    [/QUOTE]

How's this for an indictment of Schitty? Sooo glad that POS is gone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4470339]How's this for an indictment of Schitty? Sooo glad that POS is gone.[/QUOTE]

well considering his offense was good enough for mark's two years right..............:rolleyes:

the only x factor in mark's first two seasons under schotty is in year 3 he actually let mark try and be a franchise QB................well we see how that turned out...........

que the it was schotty's fault for mark
    brunell's
    oline
    wr's
    rb's
    rex
    waterboy
    crowds
    kate upton
    tim tebow................:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4470348]well considering his offense was good enough for mark's two years right..............:rolleyes:

the only x factor in mark's first two seasons under schotty is in year 3 he actually let mark try and be a franchise QB................well we see how that turned out...........

brunell's
    oline
    wr's
    rb's
    rex
    waterboy
    crowds
    kate upton
    tim tebow................:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You are without question the biggest troll on this site. Every single thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4470339]How's this for an indictment of Schitty? Sooo glad that POS is gone.[/QUOTE]

one thing that players keep mentioning is the playbook. i hope we all wind up understanding how much it impacted sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4470359]one thing that players keep mentioning is the playbook. i hope we all wind up understanding how much it impacted sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, if a position player is confused and he has his little silo to worry about imagine the QB who has know it all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Added a few more quotes will add the rest later once I get home.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4470353]You are without question the biggest troll on this site. Every single thread.[/QUOTE]

Yep, someone needs to prod this guy until he erupts and then is banned.

Anyway, back on topic...

I think the clarity of the new offense is something that has been echoed by many different players on that side of the ball. I like hearing that.

I think Sanchez's volume stats (attempts, yds, TDs) will be down this year from last, but the efficiency will improve. It will mirror more of the 2010 season. While I'm sure people will complain at the drop of the passing TDs, I think we will see a lot more rushing TDs this year than last, whether it is Tebow vulturing goal line carries or Greene getting a few more opportunities.

I could see something like 3300 yds, 20 TD, 12 INT next year

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Scoop24;4470303]
    Darrelle Revis on Tim Tebow: "He's a born leader. Very few athletes have the gift that he has." Says he even sees Tebow's passion at lunch.[/QUOTE]
    Does this mean he wolfs his food down? :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4470348]well considering his offense was good enough for mark's two years right..............:rolleyes:

brunell's
    oline
    wr's
    rb's
    rex
    waterboy
    crowds
    kate upton

Sorry, I refuse to debate with someone who not only is a blind Tebow lover, but goes spastic with periods.

Buzz is right, you're a troll. And a bad one at that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 things I take from reading what has come out of Jets camp this year.

I think a lot of the collapse of the locker room was the offensive players frustration with Schitty

And it sounds like Tebow is winning over the locker room,I don't mean a mutiny is on hand for Sanchez,but seems like he is fitting in and the players like him

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4470373]Yep, someone needs to prod this guy until he erupts and then is banned.

Anyway, back on topic...

I think the clarity of the new offense is something that has been echoed by many different players on that side of the ball. I like hearing that.

I think Sanchez's volume stats (attempts, yds, TDs) will be down this year from last, but the efficiency will improve. It will mirror more of the 2010 season. While I'm sure people will complain at the drop of the passing TDs, I think we will see a lot more rushing TDs this year than last, whether it is Tebow vulturing goal line carries or Greene getting a few more opportunities.

I could see something like 3300 yds, 20 TD, 12 INT next year[/QUOTE]

Assuming that you are correct will people out here be calling for Sanchez to be benched or replaced the year after because of his poor offensive performance?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

brunell's
    oline
    wr's
    rb's
    rex
    waterboy
    crowds
    kate upton

Lord, Please take your insufferable son home.... :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Scoop24;4470303]McKnight said offense let out "sigh of relief" when they saw Sparano's play book. No late changes based on coverage. "just win your matchup"
    [/QUOTE]

Ummm. Glad we will have an offense that doesn't take advantage of matchups.

:confused::confused:

Not sure if changing plays on the LOS is a bad thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

brunell's
    oline
    wr's
    rb's
    rex
    waterboy
    crowds
    kate upton

Do you EVER give it a break?

Ever?

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Sanchez, yet you make it into another opportunity to bash him. What kind of Christian are you? Why can't you just sing the praises of your sweetheart. Instead of telling everyone how great Timmy would be as our QB, talking about all his strengths, talents etc you have to bash Sanchez.

Telling. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470398]Ummm. Glad we will have an offense that doesn't take advantage of matchups.

:confused::confused:

Not sure if changing plays on the LOS is a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

I think you read it wrong.

The way I read it, they're not going to overthink what they do because of the coverage they see (though I agree audibles are still necessary). Instead, they WILL focus on "just winning the matchup".

What I found most interesting about this is it seems we never had guys "wide open" like other teams seem to. Whatever adjustments we were making didn't seem to be working very well, so might as well just line up and run the play and let the PLAYER be responsible for getting the job done . . .

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4470348]well considering his offense was good enough for mark's two years right..............:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Stop hijacking every thread to take a dig at Sanchez. You are a COMPLETELY OBNOXIOUS troll and it's getting REALLY old. You make Magnus and DBake seem reasonable.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4470385]Assuming that you are correct will people out here be calling for Sanchez to be benched or replaced the year after because of his poor offensive performance?[/QUOTE]

I think it's all determined by the team's record and whether or not playoffs are in the picture.

For me, as long as the completion % jumps over 58, he cuts down on the INT%, and shoots the YPA to around 6.8, I'm willing to let the process continue.

I think where QB critics miss the mark the most are when they believe the peak years of QBs are. They'll point to Brady's early SBs, Eli's 1st SB, and Big Ben's 1st SB as some sort of "proof" that only elite QBs win SBs and completely ignore the revisionist history they're using. All three of those guys were merely effective game managers in those SBs, not game-changing QBs, well at least not yet. The truth is that the peak years of QB play are typically in the range of 27-32 years old.

As long as we see growth this year, I have no problem with him being the QB in 2013. And I don't think the growth this year necessarily means being a Pro Bowler.