Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 jets quotes &notes

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy, I think Tebow is going to end up being a thorn.
    The kid oozes charisma, personality and conviction.
    As we already just starting to see, it can be pretty infectious to be around a person like that.

Mark can't compete on a leadership level. Tebow right or wrong thinks he's great. While despite what Mark says, I dont think he believes in himself to the same degree.

How much that factors in going forward, well... We're going to find out.

Btw - I'll apologize now for writing this and attracting the Tebow nuts, I like the kid, but they are becoming so annoying I might not always. Just like religion, no one wants something crammed down their throat...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is insane. Sam Bradford is F***ED!! Rex Ryan might have 3 Super Bowl rings right now if we had ANYONE but Sh*tty. Basically how the D lines up, dictates what you do. Maybe that's why teams were calling us predictable, saying they "knew what we were going to do".

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are all the Shotty appologist now?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=endgameeugenics;4471038]That is insane. Sam Bradford is F***ED!! Rex Ryan might have 3 Super Bowl rings right now if we had ANYONE but Sh*tty. Basically how the D lines up, dictates what you do. Maybe that's why teams were calling us predictable, saying they "knew what we were going to do".[/QUOTE]

Love how Rex gets a free pass in all of this.

Was it Shotty's unit that spotted Pitt 24 points to start the championship game as well as not protecting a halftime lead against Indy the championship game the year before ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4471097]Love how Rex gets a free pass in all of this.

[B]Was it Shotty's unit that spotted Pitt 24 points to start the championship game [/B]as well as not protecting a halftime lead against Indy the championship game the year before ?[/QUOTE]

No just 7..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it Shotty's unit that spotted Pitt 24 points to start the championship game as well as not protecting a halftime lead against Indy the championship game the year before ?[/QUOTE]

Was it Schotty's unit that was responsible for GETTING us to those games?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim Tebow asks a tired Bart Scott to go to the cold tub. Scott responds by asking Tebow if he'd baptize him. #Nyj

Tebow walks by Bart Scott, who's lying face down in Jets lockeroom. Tebow: "That's what happens when you get old." Bart's response: "%$&!?!"

This is pure Gold. Tebow can take it and dish it out. LOLOLOLOLOL:3stooges:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4471103]Was it Schotty's unit that was responsible for GETTING us to those games?[/QUOTE]

I am not defending Schotty. It was time for a change. I am just curious how Dolphin fans feel now feel about Sparano. Wondering if they are bashing him and his staff like Jets fans are bashing Schotty.

All the while Rex gets no blame.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4471099]No just 7..[/QUOTE]
    His point is essentially correct however. The defense lost us that game by not showing up in the first half.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Was it Shotty's unit that spotted Pitt 24 points to start the championship game as well as not protecting a halftime lead against Indy the championship game the year before ?[/QUOTE]

Eh, it was in a way. The defense looked ridiculously sluggish, but the offense had barely a first down prior to the FG at the end of the 1st half. Cotchery's big fat drop contributed to it, but overall, it was a whole bunch of 3 and outs that gave the ball back to the Stillers. And that's not even mentioning the fumble recovery for a TD that built up the lead.

I'd call it a collective team failure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we have gone from complex to simple. Simple is fine if you are physically able to dominate your one on one match ups. Complex is bad if it is too complex for your players to grasp. "Too complex" in this context could mean that it is too complex for anyone or could mean that it is just too complex for the players that you happen to have on the roster (dummies). In either scenario that is a bad recipe for anything "complex"

The problem is this. No team has the luxury to be so physically dominant that they blow away their opponents in the one on one match ups week after week. In addition, the Jets do have some players who are not exactly Peyton Manning in terms of their football IQ and their ability to process information quickly and accurately (Sanchez). So going to a Sporano offense should give us some quick returns.

Eventually however if you cannot beat your opponent one on one then you need to bring something else to the table. An original game plan. Maybe one with some wrinkles in it. Look at Rex or Bill Belichik for example. They consistently get more out of less year after year by out of the box game planning and I adapting complex defenses to their opponent each week.

I think we might end up in a place where our offense fooling nobody and we can't overpower everybody. No complexity at all is probably just as bad in the long run as needless amounts of complexity appear to be today.

For the people in favor of simplification I have a question. Is there no amount of simplification that is too much? I am just curious.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4470353]You are without question the biggest troll on this site. Every single thread.[/QUOTE]

Please, can you just ban him already? He hijacks every thread. Enough is enough!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;4471121]I think we have gone from complex to simple. Simple is fine if you are physically able to dominate your one on one match ups. Complex is bad if it is too complex for your players to grasp. "Too complex" in this context could mean that it is too complex for anyone or could mean that it is just too complex for the players that you happen to have on the roster (dummies). In either scenario that is a bad recipe for anything "complex"

The problem is this. No team has the luxury to be so physically dominant that they blow away their opponents in the one on one match ups week after week. In addition, the Jets do have some players who are not exactly Peyton Manning in terms of their football IQ and their ability to process information quickly and accurately (Sanchez). So going to a Sporano offense should give us some quick returns.

Eventually however if you cannot beat your opponent one on one then you need to bring something else to the table. An original game plan. Maybe one with some wrinkles in it. Look at Rex or Bill Belichik for example. They consistently get more out of less year after year by out of the box game planning and I adapting complex defenses to their opponent each week.

I think we might end up in a place where our offense fooling nobody and we can't overpower everybody. No complexity at all is probably just as bad in the long run as needless amounts of complexity appear to be today.

For the people in favor of simplification I have a question. Is there no amount of simplification that is too much? I am just curious.[/QUOTE]

Watch those simple playaction bootlegs this year.
    Watch those simple Roll out passes this year.
    Watch our simple offense have wide open recievers this year.
    Watch No other team call our simple offense "predictable" this year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EM31;4471121]I think we have gone from complex to simple. Simple is fine if you are physically able to dominate your one on one match ups. Complex is bad if it is too complex for your players to grasp. "Too complex" in this context could mean that it is too complex for anyone or could mean that it is just too complex for the players that you happen to have on the roster (dummies). In either scenario that is a bad recipe for anything "complex"

For the people in favor of simplification I have a question. Is there no amount of simplification that is too much? I am just curious.[/QUOTE]

I think you are reading a bit too much into the reviews of Sparano. While I read somewhere that someone (forget who) was praising the fact that there were no changes in calls based on what the defense was. While I'm guessing that's true in a general sense, I'm assuming if the initial call (whether it was the protection or the play) is totally compromised based on the defense, the team has the ability to change out of it. Its simply not the standard MO to have constant shifts and overly complex calls in this Offense.

I doubt that Sparano is installing a High School Offense that any idiot can master in a week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4471108]I am not defending Schotty. It was time for a change. I am just curious how Dolphin fans feel now feel about Sparano. Wondering if they are bashing him and his staff like Jets fans are bashing Schotty.

All the while Rex gets no blame.....[/QUOTE]

Cop my friend, I have gone to Fins sites on several occasions just to get that info and no they are not and were not bashing coach Sprags as we had been with Schotty....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4471130]I think you are reading a bit too much into the reviews of Sparano. While I read somewhere that someone (forget who) was praising the fact that there were no changes in calls based on what the defense was. While I'm guessing that's true in a general sense, I'm assuming if the initial call (whether it was the protection or the play) is totally compromised based on the defense, the team has the ability to change out of it. Its simply not the standard MO to have constant shifts and overly complex calls in this Offense.

I doubt that Sparano is installing a High School Offense that any idiot can master in a week.[/QUOTE]
    These things are subjective. In understand that it is attractive to simplify your offense if you have a QB, WRs and O-Linemen who might not process information that quickly. Eventually however you are going to have to address those information processing deficiencies.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4471118]Eh, it was in a way. The defense looked ridiculously sluggish, but the offense had barely a first down prior to the FG at the end of the 1st half. Cotchery's big fat drop contributed to it, but overall, it was a whole bunch of 3 and outs that gave the ball back to the Stillers. And that's not even mentioning the fumble recovery for a TD that built up the lead.

I'd call it a collective team failure.[/QUOTE]
    We were still a defense first team. The vaunted defense was the unit that kept us in games and the offense was expected to provide just enough to not lose the game for us. Anything else was a bonus. We were not built to go toe to toe against an opponent who was putting up a lot of points.

So while what you are saying is true, neither unit showed all the much in the first half of the Steelers game, I still think it was the defense not living up to it's end of the bargain that was clearly the deciding factor.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not simplifying the O meaning "whatever the playcall is don't change anything", He's simplifying the O meaning "all 5 recievers aren't gonna have 5 route options depending on how the D comes out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shevys;4471124]Please, can you just ban him already? He hijacks every thread. Enough is enough![/QUOTE]

yeah ban me for having a opinion that does not follow the masses.............dictator much......:rolleyes:

hope you never become a mod.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=endgameeugenics;4471126]Watch those simple playaction bootlegs this year.
    Watch those simple Roll out passes this year.
    [B]Watch our simple offense have wide open recievers this year.[/B]
    Watch No other team call our simple offense "predictable" this year.[/QUOTE]

I'll be happy enough with our WR's getting even a bit open this year ... last year was so tough to watch with them always seeming to be blanketed.