Thread: Our most Promising UFDA: Marcus Dowtin

Our most Promising UFDA: Marcus Dowtin

Nice things to say about Dowtin, who has a good SEC pedigree and we do need inside LB depth. And I like me a LB with a record. See: Lewis, Ray, Baltimore Ravens.

[url]http://nfl.si.com/2012/05/10/each-nfl-teams-most-promising-undrafted-free-agent/[/url]

[QUOTE]New York Jets — Marcus Dowtin, LB, North Alabama: Dowtin was en route to a stellar career at Georgia before he was charged with second-degree assault and released from his scholarship. He was dominant at D-II North Alabama and, if he has put his off-field issues behind him, has a chance to contribute to an NFL defense. Others to watch: Brian Linthicum, TE, Michigan State; D’Anton Lynn, CB, Penn State[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    So now you're comparing him to Ray Lewis? Way to put pressure on him.

I have a bad feeling about him...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=regen;4470311]Nice things to say about Dowtin, who has a good SEC pedigree and we do need inside LB depth. And I like me a LB with a record. See: Lewis, Ray, Baltimore Ravens.

[url]http://nfl.si.com/2012/05/10/each-nfl-teams-most-promising-undrafted-free-agent/[/url][/QUOTE]

Does he actually have a record? I mean you got the Ray Lewis part wrong, so why not ask. All it says is that he was charged.

I also like Brian Linthicum.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4470393]I have a bad feeling about him...[/QUOTE]

lol. nice.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[youtube]BJuEywL-tEA[/youtube]

[youtube]_hjo48jiw8c[/youtube]
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-16-2012 at 07:00 PM.

All Pro
    i fully expect Steed and Dowtin to make the team as UDFA. i hope I'm not wrong. but these kids can play.

[QUOTE=Scoop24;4470502]i fully expect Steed and Dowtin to make the team as UDFA. i hope I'm not wrong. but these kids can play.[/QUOTE]

Better than Pace and Thomas. These two are DE's. Enough with converting De's into LB's crap.

Hall Of Fame
    A no dowter?

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4470316]So now you're comparing him to Ray Lewis? Way to put pressure on him.[/QUOTE]

He's an undrafted free agent who already had a brush with the law and lost his scholarship at Georgia because of it- I think there already plenty of pressure on him. And why not compare him to greatness? It's not we used a draft pick on him- but I like his upside and does anyone think we don't need depth at ILB or on special teams. If he screws up, he gets cut. No pressure on anybody but Marcus Dowtin- you guys can be very negative at times.