Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coach Googs Currently Making Rex Look like Tony Dungy

[QUOTE=Scoop24;4470469]I'm love our new coaches so far.. there all so hard nosed like Rex and Westy..[/QUOTE]

Rex is hard nosed? Who the hell ran the locker room last year?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470602]Yea. It was crazy. I think Stokesy knew what he was doing though.

Hate to see GMC a permaban. Thats what I think he got.[/QUOTE]

GMC was clearly making an inferred reference to Stokes by the way he phrased that one post.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm worried. How does he not know that the Space Shuttle program is no longer active?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4470542]hmmm he coached Kareem McKenzie on the Giants? Don't be surprised if the Jets give McKenzie a look after the bean counter has signed all the rookies and realizes he has a couple of million left....[/QUOTE]

McKenzie had been the Giants worst OL for the past 2-3 years.

On what planet is he an upgrade over Hunter?

This isn't 2004 anymore.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4471013]I'm worried. How does he not know that the Space Shuttle program is no longer active?[/QUOTE]

Woody bought a used one for Sanchez to fly home on weekends.

Somebody's gotta drive it. :dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4471013]I'm worried. How does he not know that the Space Shuttle program is no longer active?[/QUOTE]

They have a new mission now..

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/7875584/Barack-Obama-Nasa-must-try-to-make-Muslims-feel-good.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tackleem;4470432]

On rookie Robert T. Griffin: "He's got the head the size of a pumpkin."

[/QUOTE]

That doesn't tell me anything. I've seen small pumpkins before.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4471010]GMC was clearly making an inferred reference to Stokes by the way he phrased that one post.[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4470459]Not cool to trash Callahan[/QUOTE]

+1, looks like this coaching staff will never learn. Thought that was one of the simpler things to correct from last season..........

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4471100]+1, looks like this coaching staff will never learn. Thought that was one of the simpler things to correct from last season..........[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either. It is one thing for the players to do it but the coaches should always be above this garbage. Especially disappointed in Rex for allowing this guy to trash a former employee. It is unprofessional. If I was Tanny and Woody I would be pissed too.

Anybody know of another team that allows position coaches to do this?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4471147]I don't get it either. It is one thing for the players to do it but the coaches should always be above this garbage. Especially disappointed in Rex for allowing this guy to trash a former employee. It is unprofessional. If I was Tanny and Woody I would be pissed too.

Anybody know of another team that allows position coaches to do this?[/QUOTE]
    I'm guessing it's the extra 60 pounds he put on.

Junk food will make you say and do crazy things.

Remember the "Twinkie Defense?"

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4470459]Not cool to trash Callahan[/QUOTE]

No that's my job - f*ck Bill Callahan...

...signed dejected Husker fan...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4470574][url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4470045&postcount=360[/url][/QUOTE]

Wow...Stokesy really GMC'd that one...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This guy sounds a little clown-ish, if you ask me. Trashing Callahan because he doesn't have a ring, and this guy earned one as lowly assistant, is bush league.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4471185]This guy sounds a little clown-ish, if you ask me. Trashing Callahan because he doesn't have a ring, and this guy earned one as lowly assistant, is bush league.[/QUOTE]
    Not only that but he set himself up for a big fall if the OL doesn't deliver.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4471185]This guy sounds a little clown-ish, if you ask me. Trashing Callahan because he doesn't have a ring, and this guy earned one as lowly assistant, is bush league.[/QUOTE]

Are you mocking me?

:steamin:

Jets Insider VIP

So True!!!!!

Can't the Jets keep their mouths shut for a little while!!!!

Good Grief!!!:eek:

[QUOTE=Tackleem;4470474]New Jets offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo praises embattled right tackle Wayne Hunter: 'This is his year.'

BY Manish Mehta

Move over, Rex.

There’s another entertainer in town.

New offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo was funny, colorful and downright effusive in his first public comments since being a part of the offensive coaching overhaul this offseason.

DeGuglielmo, who worked with Tony Sparano in Miami, left little doubt that he’s not concerned about following the respected offensive line coach Bill Callahan.

"The difference between me and Bill is I have a Super Bowl ring and he doesn't,” said DeGuglielmo, who was a member of the Giants’ Super Bowl winning coaching staff a few years ago. “I'm not worried about the ghosts of Bill Callahan."

Although DeGuglielmo praised his unit and maintained “they have the makings of being the best line in football,” he steered clear from comparing them to the group that helped the Jets reached back-to-back AFC Championship Games in 2009 and 2010.
    [B]
    “I’m not going to compare them to what they did two years ago,” he said. “Two years ago, I was 230 pounds. Now, I’m 290. So, you could say, ‘Hey, Gug used to look good in that suit.’ But right now I can’t put one leg into it. It doesn’t matter what I was like two years ago…. I fluctuate 60 here, 60 there. It’s like peeing in a pool. Nobody knows the difference.[/B]”

DeGuglielmo showered embattled right tackle Wayne Hunter with praise.

“One of the things that excited me most about this job was Wayne Hunter,” he said. “The last thing that I would ever want to see happen is not have Wayne Hunter as the right tackle. He’s big. He’s athletic. He’s aggressive. He’s a smart guy. He practices at top speed. He practices physical. He pays attention to detail. Everything you give him to do on the field. He does it. He does it naturally. Wayne had some good plays last year and some bad plays. You show me a lineman in the league that didn’t.”

“How he reacted to some of those bad plays maybe that’s something that he needs to work on,” DeGuglielmo added. “But I’ll be honest with you: This guy is the starting right tackle. Until they tell me otherwise, until they ship him out of this building or until they shoot me dead in my office, that son of a gun is going to be the starting right tackle and he’s going to play well.”

DeGuglielmo was adamant that Hunter “has skills.”

“If you find one out there better than that at that position, bring him to me,” the coach said. “This is his year… he’s poised to be the man that he believes he can be and I believe he can be.”

DeGuglielmo also marveled at Hunter’s physique.

"They (should) strap shields to this guy & put him in The Coliseum," he said.

Notes:
    DeGuglielmo said that the same five starters from a year ago are expected to start this season. He maintained that offensive lineman Vlad Ducasse, who has been working at right tackle this offseason, has a chance to make a contribution: “This isn’t a bust,” he said.

DeGuglielmo on Nick Mangold’s intelligence: "This guy could probably fly the Space Shuttle.”

[URL]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/05/new-jets-offensive-line-coach-dave-deguglielmo-praises-embattled-right-tackle-wayne-hun[/URL][/QUOTE]

Awesome

Hall Of Fame
    This guy is putting such a big target on his fat forehead.

Week 1. Mario comes to town.

Wonder where he is going to be lining up? :rolleyes:

I think the dude is hilarious...

Rex-like bravado, clownish at times but hilarious...