Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Hunter - starting right tackle

Look, I'm not about to give Wayne Hunter any vote of support.

With that said, I think it should be mentioned how he played in 2010. In relief appearances for an injured Woody, I thought he played great. I was very impressed. I know he gave up his intentions in the AFC Championship to James Harrison, but the point is he played well. MUCH better than at any time in 2011. I find it confusing. How could he go from facing top notch competition and coming out great to be such a failure in the next regular season?

This leads me to believe that maybe, just maybe he does have a legitimate excuse to give us? That maybe he's actually a better player than what we saw last season?

Once again, I'm not giving him any votes of confidence here, but maybe there's reason to be optimistic?

If he did it once during 2010, who says he cannot do it again?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Look, I'm not about to give Wayne Hunter any vote of support.

With that said, I think it should be mentioned how he played in 2010. In relief appearances for an injured Woody, I thought he played great. I was very impressed. I know he gave up his intentions in the AFC Championship to James Harrison, but the point is he played well. MUCH better than at any time in 2011. I find it confusing. How could he go from facing top notch competition and coming out great to be such a failure in the next regular season?

This leads me to believe that maybe, just maybe he does have a legitimate excuse to give us? That maybe he's actually a better player than what we saw last season?

Once again, I'm not giving him any votes of confidence here, but maybe there's reason to be optimistic?

If he did it once during 2010, who says he cannot do it again?
    +1 Many players have off years..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I find it confusing. How could he go from facing top notch competition and coming out great to be such a failure in the next regular season?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    This guy gets it.

Hall Of Fame
    Allow me to be the first . . .

FIRE DeGuglielmo!!!!

Wow!! This guy is laying it on Callahan big time!! Was Callahan mailing it in or something?

@JennyVrentas: When asked what happened to Hunter last season, DeGuglielmo said "ask Bill Callahan...his number is in the Dallas directory." #nyj

@TheJetsStream: New Jets OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo: "I'm not worried about the ghosts of Bill Callahan." #

@TheJetsStream: Jets OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo on old #NYJ OL coach Bill Callahan: "Difference between me and Bill: I have a Super Bowl ring and he doesn't"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    @TheJetsStream: Jets OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo on old #NYJ OL coach Bill Callahan: "Difference between me and Bill: I have a Super Bowl ring and he doesn't"
    Anybody know where/how he got his ring?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    First Giants ring in 07??????

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

For a guy who talks up the Giants you should know the answer.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    For a guy who talks up the Giants you should know the answer.
    Yea. He was Quality Control. LMFAO. Bragging about winning a ring when he was Quality Control. Can't make this stuff up.

I can see Rex has rubbed off on him.

Call me negative all you want, but this is Bush League garbage.

I am starting clean slate with all the Jets this year, including Hunter. I agree Hunter had a crap year but showed definite promise in 2010 as a backup. Are we going to chuck Brick aside because he had a bad year too? Kenrick Ellis showed nothing last season -- gone. John Connor was not even close to T Rich -- cut. No, we aren't getting rid of those guys. Hunter needs to get another shot. And getting an RT who has been cut during training camp is not always the best idea. Need a little continuity on the OL.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yea. He was Quality Control. LMFAO. Bragging about winning a ring when he was Quality Control. Can't make this stuff up.

Sure you can, you do it all the time chuckles.

He was the asst OL coach with the Giants too.

Took a promotion to become a OL coach with the fins..

In your whiney, moronic mind this is a negative connotation and is "Bush League garbage."

You should back away, you're making a fool out of yourself. Again.

Hall Of Fame
    Sure you can, you do it all the time chuckles.

He was the asst OL coach with the Giants too.

Took a promotion to become a OL coach with the fins..

In your whiney, moronic mind this is a negative connotation and is "Bush League garbage."

You should back away, you're making a fool out of yourself. Again.
    Talking sh.t about another coach is classless. And shame on Rex for allowing him to.

Cally was a HC of a SB team. Not a film prepper.

Please. Lets discuss the subject matter without trying to take personal jabs.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 05-16-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Jets Insider VIP

He was the Assistant OL coach from 2005-2008. The quality control thing was in 2004. That's what I read anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    He was the Assistant OL coach.
    And quality control coach. If this is correct, I didn't lie, I just withheld some info for the sake of my point.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/...-o-line-coach/

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Wow!! This guy is laying it on Callahan big time!! Was Callahan mailing it in or something?

@JennyVrentas: When asked what happened to Hunter last season, DeGuglielmo said "ask Bill Callahan...his number is in the Dallas directory." #nyj

@TheJetsStream: New Jets OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo: "I'm not worried about the ghosts of Bill Callahan." #

Damn. These guys have a history or something?

As far as the Hunter thing is concerned, I'm not happy about it but what can you do.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He was the Assistant OL coach from 2005-2008. The quality control thing was in 2004. That's what I read anyway.
    He had no clue about the guy, didn't know he was with the Giants or where he got his ring, he was just whining.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-16-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    He had no clue about the guy, he was just whining.
    You really need to learn how to use the "".

Anyways. I was going off the link that I provided, it didn't specify the years.
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/...-o-line-coach/ Congrats on the nitpick/technicality victory.

Either way, taking cheap shots at another coach is still a classless thing to do IMO. And bragging about winning a SB as a Asst. OL coach is marginally better than bragging about winning one as QC.

You really need to get over this personal issue you have with me. Or at least take it to PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You really need to learn how to use the "".

Anyways. I was going off the link that I provided, it didn't specify the years.
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/...-o-line-coach/ Congrats on the nitpick/technicality victory.

Either way, taking cheap shots at another coach is still a classless thing to do IMO. And bragging about winning a SB as a Asst. OL coach is marginally better than bragging about winning one as QC.

You really need to get over this personal issue you have with me. Or at least take it to PM.
    Did you forget that you asked where he coached and got the ring?

My issue is your constant whine. You killed him and berated his accomplishments while you didn't have a clue to who he is, whats he's done. Killed him for leaving the Giants, said he was fired.

Basically it's what you always do, kill anyone for being with the Jets. If he was still with the Giants you would be singing his praise.

Hall Of Fame
    Did you forget that you asked where he coached and got the ring?

My issue is your constant whine. You killed him and berated his accomplishments while you didn't have a clue to who he is, whats he's done.

Basically what you always do, kill anyone for being with the Jets. If he was still with the Giants you would be singing his praise.
    I will answer this in PM.