Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants Super Bowl Ring

Hall Of Fame

Giants Super Bowl Ring

Hate to admit, but it is beautiful. Very classy and understated.

[IMG]http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0516/nfl_ring2_600.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7936831/champion-new-york-giants-unveil-super-bowl-xlvi-ring[/url]

[QUOTE]The New York Giants unveiled their Super Bowl XLVI ring Wednesday, which also pays homage to all four of the franchise's championship teams.

"We wanted it to represent the four trophies and have that feeling that you made the best ring that you could have made," defensive end Justin Tuck said in a statement released by the team. "I think we captured that."

The ring is covered in diamonds and has four Vince Lombardi trophies, commemorating the team's four titles. Each trophy is set with a marquis diamond representing a football. The Giants' logo is surrounded by the trophies and is set with diamonds. The top of the ring includes 37 blue sapphires.

The ring also has some blue coloring, which was important for the players involved in the design process. The ring the team received after its 2007 title featured white gold and diamonds, without any additional color.

"The blue makes it a little different," Manning said in the statement. "We wanted some blue -- the Giants are Big Blue. We definitely wanted to get a little blue to spark it up a little bit."

Also included on the ring is the final score -- 21-17 -- of the Giants' victory over the New England Patriots, plus the years of the team's four titles (1986, 1990, 2007 and 2011).

Giants blog
    Looking for more information on Big Blue? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

The ring also has the words "Finish" and "All in" engraved inside the ring. The words were inspirational phrases the team used during the 2011 season.

"We definitely wanted 'Finish,' we definitely wanted 'All in,' " Tuck said in the statement. "Those were two things we prided ourselves on, not only during the season, but especially through the playoff run. And we won games that way. So we definitely wanted those in there."

The Super Bowl champs will be presented with the ring Wednesday evening in Manhattan at Tiffany & Co.

Manning, in an interview Wednesday morning with CNN, said he doesn't wear his 2007 ring much.

"I kind of wear it on special occasions up to the start of the season, then I put it away," Manning told CNN on Wednesday. "It's a big ring. It's almost hard to wear."[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    nice i like the silver more than the gold.......

Oh god damn it it's awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4470483]nice i like the silver more than the gold.......[/QUOTE]

Me too. But that is white gold.

P.S. Don't you dare mention him in MY thread.

:cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Why is that in here?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470485]Me too. But that is white gold.
    [/QUOTE]

I figured it was either White Gold or Platinum.

No way they would make a superbowl ring out of silver - not in this day & age.

God damn it that is beautiful.

I cannot even imagine an emerald and diamond NYJ ring.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;4470553]God damn it that is beautiful.

I cannot even imagine an emerald and diamond NYJ ring.[/QUOTE]

Yea. I was imagining something just like this but swap out the blue with green and put in the Jet logo.

I really like this ring. Can't wait to see the sides.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470580]Yea. I was imagining something just like this but swap out the blue with green and put in the Jet logo.

I really like this ring. Can't wait to see the sides.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't be ours... We'd only have two footballs on the next one...

Its boring just like everything associated with the giants

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4470539]Why is that in here?[/QUOTE]

Because DDNYJets is a closet Giants fan. He just has to take that first step of 12.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470580]I really like this ring. Can't wait to see the sides.[/QUOTE]

This proves my point. First it's the parade video now "can't wait" to see the sides of the ring.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

It's the ultimate bling ring that says "earned, not bought". I like it. Anybody know how much it's retailing for? Did I read Tiffany & Co designed it? Nice.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470478]Hate to admit, but it is beautiful. Very classy and understated.
    [/QUOTE]

It's a really nice ring.

Classy? Maybe, I guess. Understated? It's a Super Bowl ring covered in diamonds. I think Super Bowl rings by definition are the exact opposite of understated.

[QUOTE=Refuel;4470622]It's a really nice ring.

Classy? Maybe, I guess. Understated? It's a Super Bowl ring covered in diamonds. I think Super Bowl rings by definition are the exact opposite of understated.[/QUOTE]

it's the giants, so it's classy and understated by definition. obviously if it was the jets, the ring would be ridiculous, embarassing, and a disgrace

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=dmitexxi;4470616]Because DDNYJets is a closet Giants fan. He just has to take that first step of 12.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

I admire the way the Giants do things. I do not have the disdain for them that other Jet fans do.

And not everything the Giants do is "classy and understated", but this ring is, relative to other SB rings.

And the Jets don't do everything wrong either.

All Pro
    I hate it. ;)

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470478]Hate to admit, but it is beautiful. Very classy and understated.

[IMG]http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0516/nfl_ring2_600.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7936831/champion-new-york-giants-unveil-super-bowl-xlvi-ring[/url][/QUOTE]

Youre on a Jets board, traitor. I dont care about the Giants, go post on the Giants boards if u care so much about it

Veteran
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470651]LOL.

I admire the way the Giants do things. I do not have the disdain for them that other Jet fans do.

And not everything the Giants do is "classy and understated", but this ring is, relative to other SB rings.

And the Jets don't do everything wrong either.[/QUOTE]

I'm not hateful towards Giants fans. My brother is a Giants fan and he gives me $hit about the Jets like I give him $hit about the Mets, but at the same time I don't have to blow the giants organization. One day it will our day and will only make it sweeter.

[QUOTE=cant wait;4470628]it's the giants, so it's classy and understated by definition. obviously if it was the jets, the ring would be ridiculous, embarassing, and a disgrace[/QUOTE]

Sad, but true.