Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants Super Bowl Ring

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470478] Very classy and understated.[/QUOTE]

I hope your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek when you typed this.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4470544]I figured it was either White Gold or Platinum.

No way they would make a superbowl ring out of silver - not in this day & age.[/QUOTE]

why? It is an honest question I know nothing about silver/gold or any of the metals?

I just know I always preferred the color silver to gold.

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4470785]why? It is an honest question I know nothing about silver/gold or any of the metals?

I just know I always preferred the color silver to gold.[/QUOTE]

I think God made gold before silver or something like that.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=exit9JetsFan;4470794]I think God made gold before silver or something like that.[/QUOTE]

well i might as well anwser because i will get blamed for hijacking the thread anyway but

thanks for bringing up the r word because you know it was going to be my next 39 posts........;)

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4470797]well i might as well anwser because i will get blamed for hijacking the thread anyway but

thanks for bringing up the r word because you know it was going to be my next 39 posts........;)[/QUOTE]

Do not be scared to preach, brother. "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise".

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4470785]why? It is an honest question I know nothing about silver/gold or any of the metals?

I just know I always preferred the color silver to gold.[/QUOTE]

Not arguing....

Hall Of Fame
    LOL.

Literally every thread becomes about Tebow/religion.

Veteran
    Nice ring, but the Giants logo kills it.

beautiful. Hope I live to see the Jets get one.

Someone wanted to see the sides:

[IMG]http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7473/logoshankmedium.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7880/nameshankmedium.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7027/ringbackmedium.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SweetZombieJesus;4471020]beautiful. Hope I live to see the Jets get one.

Someone wanted to see the sides:

[IMG]http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7473/logoshankmedium.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7880/nameshankmedium.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7027/ringbackmedium.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

You just made DDNYJets the happiest Giants fan in the world :P

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=dmitexxi;4471035]You just made DDNYJets the happiest Giants fan in the world :P[/QUOTE]

I can now die a happy man!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470651]LOL.

I admire the way the Giants do things. I do not have the disdain for them that other Jet fans do.

And not everything the Giants do is "classy and understated", but this ring is, relative to other SB rings.

And the Jets don't do everything wrong either.[/QUOTE]

The ring from their last Superbowl, the Strahan designed, so-called "10 table" ring, is a tasteless monstrosity. I'm fine with it being big and bold, but it also has to be wearable. This one is. The older one certainly is not.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4470485]Me too. But that is white gold.

P.S. Don't you dare mention him in MY thread.

:cool:[/QUOTE]
    Or platinum?

[SIZE=1]tebow[/SIZE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4471055]The ring from their last Superbowl, the Strahan designed, so-called "10 table" ring, is a tasteless monstrosity. I'm fine with it being big and bold, but it also has to be wearable. This one is. The older one certainly is not.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly how I felt when I first saw this one.

Also saw one of the players on TV wearing both the rings. You can really see the difference. It is smaller and definitely more wearable. I think the players wanted a wearable ring this time around.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4471104]Or platinum?

[SIZE=1]tebow[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

LOL

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4471139]That is exactly how I felt when I first saw this one.

Also saw one of the players on TV wearing both the rings. You can really see the difference. It is smaller and definitely more wearable. I think the players wanted a wearable ring this time around.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, Strahan's an idiot. I could see Rex doing the same thing -- "I want it big! No, mother****er, BIGGER! And the side should say 'World ****in' Champs' in diamonds! And it should have two finger holes instead of one, like platinum brass knuckles!" Ugh

This new ring reminds me a lot of the 2009 Yankees World Series ring -- similar shape and size. That's a great looking ring.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4471191]Yeah, well, Strahan's an idiot. I could see Rex doing the same thing -- "I want it big! No, mother****er, BIGGER! And the side should say 'World ****in' Champs' in diamonds! And it should have two finger holes instead of one, like platinum brass knuckles!" Ugh

This new ring reminds me a lot of the 2009 Yankees World Series ring -- similar shape and size. That's a great looking ring.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for proving my point

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cant wait;4471194]Thanks for proving my point[/QUOTE]

Which is what?

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4471203]Which is what?[/QUOTE]

It was about that being the typical self loathing jet fans response.

"it's the giants, so it's classy and understated by definition. obviously if it was the jets, the ring would be ridiculous, embarassing, and a disgrace"

For all of you raving about it's beauty, tell me...

HOW beautiful can it be when it has the GIANTS logo on it?!