Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeremiah Bell expected to sign a deal within next 24 hours

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Yeremiah Bell expected to sign a deal within next 24 hours

Agent Drew Rosenhaus told WQAM former Dolphins safety Yeremiah Bell will sign with the Jets, Eagles, Chiefs or Titans "within 24 hours" according to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they sign him, who would it squeeze out?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4470920]Agent Drew Rosenhaus told WQAM former Dolphins safety Yeremiah Bell will sign with the Jets, Eagles, Chiefs or Titans "within 24 hours" according to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.[/QUOTE]

I sure he hope he signs with the Jets. If nothing else, it is at least a badly needed body at one of our thinnest positions on the team. To me, Yeremiah Bell is a JAG, but a JAG that is no worse than Brodney Pool.

Pool as a JAG paved the way for our defense to rank 4th overall in 2010 and 5th overall in 2011. That's not bad. You may choose to minimize his contributions to the team, but the fact is he did play a part in getting the Jets to their respective rankings. Yeremiah Bell IMO would the exact same things that Pool was able to.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4470926]If they sign him, who would it squeeze out?[/QUOTE]

Leonhard or Smith or both in all likelihood. Remember that Landry is ALWAYS injured. If we get 5-6 games out of him, I will be impressed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go with Landry and if he gets hurt, put some of the young guys in there. We dont need guys on the tail end of their career on this team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bell visited the Jets before the draft but Tanny said he wasn't going to sign any FAs until after the draft. But surely he wouldn't have made the rest of those visits if he was going to sign with us. Bell isn't much in coverage but he can still tackle. He would be Landry insurance. Mentor to the newbies. But probably not happening. guess we'll see.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather see the balance of the cap invested in a quality RB. Maybe a cover safety. It is clear we are staying with the dregs we have at Rt. Thats fine but how do you go into a season stressing the ground game when our RB's are Jags. Green is ok but gets injured alot. I consider him a poor mans Marshaun Lynch. McKnight has not shown he could be a serviceable starter. We should bring in a Peyton Hillis or Pierre Thomas type player. The RB's on the team cant catch right now. It is a serious weakness for a run first team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]Landry, LaRon[/B]
    [B]Smith, Eric[/B]
    Wilson, Tracy
    [B]Allen, Antonio[/B]
    Adams, Royce
    [B]Bush, Josh[/B]
    Lynn, D'Anton
    Smith, DeAngelo

Am I missing someone?? I figure the bolded will be on the team opening day.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4470935]I sure he hope he signs with the Jets. If nothing else, it is at least a badly needed body at one of our thinnest positions on the team. To me, Yeremiah Bell is a JAG, but a JAG that is no worse than Brodney Pool.

Pool as a JAG paved the way for our defense to rank 4th overall in 2010 and 5th overall in 2011. That's not bad. You may choose to minimize his contributions to the team, but the fact is he did play a part in getting the Jets to their respective rankings. Yeremiah Bell IMO would the exact same things that Pool was able to.[/QUOTE]
    Other than the fact that Pool and Bell play different safety positions and that Bell made the Pro Bowl in 2009, your post is right on point.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4471004]Other than the fact that Pool and Bell play different safety positions and that Bell made the Pro Bowl in 2009, your post is right on point.[/QUOTE]

Just another shoot out at the Ponderous-sah. MaineJet can bring the tedium. :D

I <3 teh deer hunter. He's our Mulligan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4470959][B]Landry, LaRon[/B]
    [B]Smith, Eric[/B]
    Wilson, Tracy
    [B]Allen, Antonio[/B]
    Adams, Royce
    [B]Bush, Josh[/B]
    Lynn, D'Anton
    Smith, DeAngelo

Am I missing someone?? I figure the bolded will be on the team opening day.[/QUOTE]

I heard somewhere they like Tracy Wilson a lot. For whatever thats worth

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4471006]Just another shoot out at the Ponderous-sah. MaineJet can bring the tedium. :D

I <3 teh deer hunter. He's our Mulligan.[/QUOTE]
    Hey that might be a good thread.

If JI posters were NY Jets, who would they be? :yes:

MJ is more like Kotite to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Bell could likely be had for less than Smith's current salary of 2M IIRC. So that's would be a double win - a lower cap number and a better player (a JAG being an upgrade over Smith).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4471004]Other than the fact that Pool and Bell play different safety positions and that Bell made the Pro Bowl in 2009, your post is right on point.[/QUOTE]

Only someone who had his feelings terribly bothered would attempt to point out something I was already well aware of.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4471006]Just another shoot out at the Ponderous-sah. MaineJet can bring the tedium. :D

I <3 teh deer hunter. He's our Mulligan.[/QUOTE]

Keep your mouth shut or else I may have to ban you.:rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    People here are either splitting hairs or eating their young (it's called a metaphor, people). Let's lighten up and direct our hatred at Chowd Trolls. Fin fans are just pathetic at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen;4471254]People here are either splitting hairs or eating their young (it's called a metaphor, people). Let's lighten up and direct our hatred at Chowd Trolls. Fin fans are just pathetic at this point.[/QUOTE]

Tell the mod and our resident annoyance that...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4471248]Only someone who had his feelings terribly bothered would attempt to point out something I was already well aware of.[/QUOTE]
    Yes, your post comparing him to Pool and calling a guy who made the Pro Bowl a JAG clearly illustrates that you knew this.

His skill set is completely different. But you knew that. I know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad we are cornering the market on backup safeties.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bell has been a starter for the past 4 seasons.

I think he'd provide good depth behind Landry.

But of course, this is all moot if he intends to sign with one of the other teams mentioned.