Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeremiah Bell expected to sign a deal within next 24 hours

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4470926]If they sign him, who would it squeeze out?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dcat;4470936][B]Leonhard or Smith or both in all likelihood.[/B][/QUOTE]

Hopefully both.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4471340]Bell has been a starter for the past 4 seasons.

I think he'd provide good depth behind Landry.

But of course, this is all moot if he intends to sign with one of the other teams mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Tebow can play Safety too. Didn't we bring him in here to do everything but become our starting QB?

All League
    I guess Bell could backup until Landry gets injured. I really hope one of our young safeties works out, if not safety is going to be priority #1 on defense next year.

We're actually *too* deep at SS (Smith is the worst-combination tweener), and everyone there is either old, injured, or a rookie. If we add a safety it should be a FS type.

Though I suppose because Wilson is so good, and because of the way Rex/Pettine designed their defense, we end up not placing a lot of emphasis on the FS/SS distinction.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'd rather wait for Leonhard to be honest. Him and Landry at safety is fine.

Bell is 10 months away from 35 yrs old. No thanks.. He is kinda old for an NFL safety.. He needs to retire.. Its a young mans gm with all the concussion news going around. He's not gettin the memo obviously.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4471422]I'd rather wait for Leonhard to be honest. Him and Landry at safety is fine.[/QUOTE]

Bring back Leonhard!
    -Two freak injuries don't make him a sick-bay commando
    -He is a leader
    -He is all over the field when I watch the film and even made a few game savers last year.

If Jim Leonhard is healthy then re-sign him and Eric Smith has to be the odd man out. One of the guys we drafted should be able to replace him.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4471032]Hey that might be a good thread.

If JI posters were NY Jets, who would they be? :yes:

MJ is more like Kotite to me.[/QUOTE]

that's actually a really cool question...i think this should be a thread for sure!!

Ray Ray = Herm Edwards because he can't stop waving pom poms

SAR = Vinny T because he's too old for the internet

Jordy = John Hall because you are good from a long distance (where you live)

C Mart = Curtis Martin because he's consistently good

GMCJETS = Vernon Gholston because while he was posting he made a lot of noise but sucked and then vanished

All Pats Trolls = Browning Nagle

haha

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Tackleem;4471419]We're actually *too* deep at SS (Smith is the worst-combination tweener), and everyone there is either old, injured, or a rookie. If we add a safety it should be a FS type.

Though I suppose because Wilson is so good, and because of the way Rex/Pettine designed their defense, we end up not placing a lot of emphasis on the FS/SS distinction.[/QUOTE]

or.....

If Bell does indeed sign with us....it paves the way for smitty to be cut

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4471422]I'd rather wait for Leonhard to be honest. Him and Landry at safety is fine.[/QUOTE]

+1

All Pro
    Yeremiah was a bullfrog!

So what do we do after he breaks his leg again?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4471633]So what do we do after he breaks his leg again?[/QUOTE]

What do we do when Eric Smith gets his ankles broken by a 260 lb TE again?

I'll take Leonhard over Smith as a starter anyday of the week.

At least with Leonhard you have a guy who can make all of the calls in the secondary, plays all out on every down and is rarely caught out of position.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4471580]that's actually a really cool question...i think this should be a thread for sure!!

GMCJETS = Vernon Gholston because while he was posting he made a lot of noise but sucked and then vanished

haha[/QUOTE]

Haha, awesome

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4471637]What do we do when Eric Smith gets his ankles broken by a 260 lb TE again?

I'll take Leonhard over Smith as a starter anyday of the week.

At least with Leonhard you have a guy who can make all of the calls in the secondary, plays all out on every down and is rarely caught out of position.[/QUOTE]

Because this post doesn't answer the question I'll ask you again. WHAT do we do after Leonhard breaks his leg again and we have no one to man SS?

Leonhard was a solid player before the two leg injuries. Smith only attribute is that he's smart and can hit. The fact that he is slower than crap makes him a liability for the D. Bring in some youth and build the team up.
    Last edited by srobjets; 05-17-2012 at 09:27 PM.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4471580]that's actually a really cool question...i think this should be a thread for sure!!

haha[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Just because I don't pound sand and slit my wrists about the Jets on a message board, doesn't make me a cheerleader.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4471644]:rolleyes:

Just because I don't pound sand and slit my wrists about the Jets on a message board, doesn't make me a cheerleader.[/QUOTE]

thank you Herm.

You post to win the debate...DUH

Hall Of Fame

haha[/QUOTE]

LOL.