Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yeremiah Bell expected to sign a deal within next 24 hours

Re-sign Leonhard (if healthy, of course), let him teach the defense and be a mentor to Bush and Allen. This is a complicated D and we need a smart vet (or two) who has been around to help out the new guys.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4471444]Bell is 10 months away from 35 yrs old. No thanks.. He is kinda old for an NFL safety.. He needs to retire.. Its a young mans gm with all the concussion news going around. He's not gettin the memo obviously.[/QUOTE]
    LOL. He turned 34 2 months ago but he's 10 months away from 35.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4471580]that's actually a really cool question...i think this should be a thread for sure!!

Ray Ray = Herm Edwards because he can't stop waving pom poms

SAR = Vinny T because he's too old for the internet

Jordy = John Hall because you are good from a long distance (where you live)

C Mart = Curtis Martin because he's consistently good

GMCJETS = Vernon Gholston because while he was posting he made a lot of noise but sucked and then vanished

All Pats Trolls = Browning Nagle

haha[/QUOTE]
    You know where I live?

Are you the ice cream truck guy?

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]Re-sign Leonhard [/QUOTE]

No, enough with this guy. Hes small, slow and always injured. He has no place on this defense. Good riddance.

All League
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4471797]No, enough with this guy. Hes small, slow and always injured. He has no place on this defense. Good riddance.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Time to move on...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]I agree. Time to move on... [/QUOTE]

Exactly. Enough with these slugs. I like the youth and speed we added to this team via the draft. Now we need to get rid of Calvin pace and brian thomas, 2 of the slowest linebackers in the league, and become a speed team. I know it probably wont happen this year because we need bodies, but those 2 slugs have to be on the chopping block soon.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4471669]LOL.[/QUOTE]

oh great, another SOJF circle jurk, er, turk...ah skip it!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4471816]Exactly. Enough with these slugs. I like the youth and speed we added to this team via the draft. Now we need to get rid of Calvin pace and brian thomas, 2 of the slowest linebackers in the league, and become a speed team. I know it probably wont happen this year because we need bodies, but those 2 slugs have to be on the chopping block soon.[/QUOTE]
    Pace won't happen this year because of the huge cap hit. I expect him to be gone next season for the opposite reason, a huge cap savings.

Thomas is on a small deal. He could be cut if he doesn't "cut it" in camp and/or pre-season. The Jets would be out "only" $600,000.

Rookie
    I always thought Pat trolls were the voice of reason here :rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4471580]that's actually a really cool question...i think this should be a thread for sure!!

Ray Ray = Herm Edwards because he can't stop waving pom poms

SAR = Vinny T because he's too old for the internet

Jordy = John Hall because you are good from a long distance (where you live)

C Mart = Curtis Martin because he's consistently good

GMCJETS = Vernon Gholston because while he was posting he made a lot of noise but sucked and then vanished

All Pats Trolls = Browning Nagle

haha[/QUOTE]

TX is Dennis Byrd.

At least I wish he'd be. Not hard to figure out why. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4471793]LOL. He turned 34 2 months ago but he's 10 months away from 35.[/QUOTE]

Very productive player the last few years but the age is an issue.

I think we should try to see if Leonhard could play and get the kids as much experience as we can. For better or worse.

Can't be much worse than last season.

Jets Insider VIP

Yeremiah Bell "Sweepstakes" Down to Jets and Eagles

:rolleyes: sweepstakes.

[I]According to a tweet from Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, free-agent safety Yeremiah Bell has pared down his list of teams to the [B]Philadelphia Eagles and the New York Jets.[/B][/I]

[I]According to McLane:[/I]
    [INDENT][I]I can confirm reports that the #Eagles are now serious players to sign S Yeremiah Bell. It's between them and the #Jets, per an NFL source[/I].[/INDENT]

[I]According to Mike Florio, the Eagles may in fact be the front runner.[/I]
    [I]Florio notes:[/I]
    [INDENT][I]As it turned out, Rosenhaus spent much of his time on Thursday finalizing a contract for Eagles running back LeSean McCoy. Since Rosenhaus finished the job by going to Philly and because he specifically said that he’s “on my way” to visit the mystery team, it doesn't take an advanced degree in astrophysics to conclude that the Eagles are the mystery team.[/I][/INDENT]

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1187914-report-yeremiah-bell-sweepstakes-down-to-jets-and-eagles[/URL]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4471855]:rolleyes: sweepstakes.

[I]According to a tweet from Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, free-agent safety Yeremiah Bell has pared down his list of teams to the [B]Philadelphia Eagles and the New York Jets.[/B][/I]

[I]According to McLane:[/I]
    [INDENT][I]I can confirm reports that the #Eagles are now serious players to sign S Yeremiah Bell. It's between them and the #Jets, per an NFL source[/I].[/INDENT]
    [I]According to Mike Florio, the Eagles may in fact be the front runner.[/I]
    [I]Florio notes:[/I]
    [INDENT][I]As it turned out, Rosenhaus spent much of his time on Thursday finalizing a contract for Eagles running back LeSean McCoy. Since Rosenhaus finished the job by going to Philly and because he specifically said that he’s “on my way” to visit the mystery team, it doesn't take an advanced degree in astrophysics to conclude that the Eagles are the mystery team.[/I][/INDENT]
    [URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1187914-report-yeremiah-bell-sweepstakes-down-to-jets-and-eagles[/URL][/QUOTE]

Sorry Sherlock Florio. Guess your deductions were somewhat flawed.