Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenrick Ellis Agrees to Plea Deal

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just so everyone knows, Woody or the Jets could not pay for Ellis legal defense. Because yes that is a monetary payout, and that would be circumventing the cap. In fact they can not even go to their own lawyers, and ask them to take the case for less of a legal fee than they would normally charge.

So these are lawyers that Ellis paid out of his own pocket. And it appears they did a good job, in working this plea deal. Small jail time, no deportation.

And no, I do not think the league will suspend him, but if he ever gets in trouble again, they will put the hammer on him, as they will now say it is a pattern of events, and go harder on him, than they would another player. the Pacman Jones corollary.

So as long as he is law abiding citizen he will have no problems.

And this is one PAts fans that hope he does not get suspended, I thought he had a tough rookie year, and would love to see him on the field.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4471827]:rolleyes:

Ellis has potential, there is no denying it, and there is no denying he would have gone earlier in the draft if not for the legal matter hanging over him.

Ellis can now focus on developing his game and potential without the legal matter cloud hanging over him.

I just find it funny seeing all the Pats fans chime in making guarantees about suspensions, or as in the case of verbose Ken, writing a 5 page thesis' about how much trouble Ellis is in.[/QUOTE]I can see that the Pats Hatred is still strong within you, Ray. So strong it affects your reading comprehension, since I did nothing of the sort.

Your view is SO myopic, that you blindly attacked AFC East, after he over-hyped Ellis by comparing him to Kris Jenkins in his prime. Accurate or not, his post couldn't have been more pro-Jet. WOW!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Braumeister;4471848]And you're a POS who'll hopefully get hit by a bus later today.[/QUOTE]

Dude.

One post you are wishing someone was paralyzed and in the next you wish someone gets hit buy a bus.

Are you really Ivan Drago?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Braumeister;4471848]And you're a POS who'll hopefully get hit by a bus later today.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4471845]I love it when Tx jumps on Jordy's lap.

It's hysterical.

Desperate troll![/QUOTE]

I'm not juming in anybody's lap.

Jordy happens to be a very objective poster, unlike yourself.

Also, he knows the game of football, unlike yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4471853]I can see that the Pats Hatred is still strong within you, Ray. So strong it affects your reading comprehension, since I did nothing of the sort.

Your view is SO myopic, that you blindly attacked AFC East, after he over-hyped Ellis by comparing him to Kris Jenkins in his prime. Accurate or not, his post couldn't have been more pro-Jet. WOW![/QUOTE]

:eek::rolleyes:

You call that post "attacking?" Really?

Not even close. His post, to me, was a subtle attempt at sarcasm in response to my own about Ellis' potential. My strong guess is that he was joking, and my response was crafted to acknowledge exactly that, while then justifying why I put up the post that I did that he was responding to.

Your Dick Tracy kit must be broken. :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4471857]Dude.

One post you are wishing someone was paralyzed and in the next you wish someone gets hit buy a bus.

Are you really Ivan Drago?[/QUOTE]

Again, act like a POS, don't be shocked to get treated like one.

And yes, I am Ivan Drago. If he dies, he dies.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4471861]I'm not juming in anybody's lap.

Jordy happens to be a very objective poster, unlike yourself.

Also, he knows the game of football, unlike yourself.[/QUOTE]

You are jumping into a conversation you know NOTHING about

Jordy himself misinterpreted my own post

Then you come along and look like a bigger ass.

You are a know-nothing jackass troll, STFU!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4471841]I know what he was doing, ****brick.

I responded in kind.

Put your Dick Tracy detective kit away, nobody asked for your help.[/QUOTE]

Enough with the personal attacks pom pom boy.

You're wrong.

AFC was being sincere Mr. Paranoid ("I see what he was doing") :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4471847]What is worse?

Whining or

Whining about the whiners or

[B][U]Whining about the whiners who weren't even whining.[/U][/B][/QUOTE]

heh heh!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4471817][QUOTE]I wouldn't be surprised either only because Goodell is obviously attempting to become Pete Rozelle on steroids.
    [/QUOTE]Goodell has been "on steroids" from the moment he got the job, stamping his personal stamp on the league. He's been the league's most pro active commissioner in history. Whether he's been good or not, is up to history. Personally I think its mixed.

[QUOTE]My take is that Pryor was facing a suspension either way. It was his choice to go Supplemental and enter the league. I suppose Goodell saw that as an attempt to [U]circumvent the system[/U] and felt Pryor shouldn't be rewarded. That reward being primarily financial in nature IMO.[/QUOTE] Good take. That makes sense. It looks like Ellis shouldn't have to worry about any suspension. And given the same scenario, neither should Dennard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4471845]I love it when Tx jumps on Jordy's lap.

It's hysterical.

Desperate troll![/QUOTE]
    Says the guy who's given out over 10,000 lap dances for Jets players and coaches.

Thanks for derailing this thread. It actually was headed in the right direction.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4471866]Enough with the personal attacks pom pom boy.

You're wrong.

AFC was being sincere Mr. Paranoid ("I see what he was doing") :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:eek:

He was being sincere?

But I'm the homer, and he is the more objective one for suggesting Ellis already looks like a better version of Jenkins in his prime?

:rotfl:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4471873]Says the guy who's given out over 10,000 lap dances for Jets players and coaches.

Thanks for derailing this thread. It actually was headed in the right direction.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I didn't derail anything.

YOU did, for breaking out the insults and attacks about me not being objective, when I wasn't wasn't even being nonobjective, then your laptroll joined in for the ride.

Had you kept your police patrol kit away, there would be nothing wrong in this thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4471864]You are jumping into a conversation you know NOTHING about

Jordy himself misinterpreted my own post

Then you come along and look like a bigger ass.

You are a know-nothing jackass troll, STFU!!![/QUOTE]
    No. It was [B]YOU[/B] who misinterpreted AFC's post and has subsequently derailed this thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    both of you need to STFU already. Do you have any idea just how fockin' boring you two are?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4471882]No. It was [B]YOU[/B] who misinterpreted AFC's post and has subsequently derailed this thread.[/QUOTE]

And whether I misinterpreted his post or not, there was nothing wrong with my response to him.

[SIZE=7]YOU [SIZE=2]were the one who jumped in and needed to respond to the post, breaking out the attacks as usual about me not being objective, despite the fact there is NOTHING in that post that suggests me being nonobjective. THIS is what derailed this thread, and now you're only making it worse.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Braumeister;4471863]Again, act like a POS, don't be shocked to get treated like one.

And yes, I am Ivan Drago. If he dies, he dies.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I set you up for that one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4471883]both of you need to STFU already. Do you have any idea just how fockin' boring you two are?[/QUOTE]

I'm going here, but I didn't start this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4471877]LOL, I didn't derail anything.

YOU did, for breaking out the insults and attacks about me not being objective, when I wasn't wasn't even being nonobjective, then your laptroll joined in for the ride.

Had you kept your police patrol kit away, there would be nothing wrong in this thread.[/QUOTE]
    Dude, you need to get laid.

Holy crap. I know the word delusional gets thrown around on this board a lot, but I think you truly are in the most serious way.