Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenrick Ellis Agrees to Plea Deal

[QUOTE=OCCH;4471512]That's EXACTLY what we're hoping -- that this kid is the real deal, and the only reason he slid to us is b/c other teams didn't want to take the risk we did.

If it really turns out this is all behind him, we may have a MAJOR coup on our hands . . .:eek::yes:[/QUOTE]

I agree, If he turns out to be a Ngata or Jenkins then it was all worth the risk.

if he was innocent he should have fought. i don't know enough about the case to say one way or another but spending 45 minutes let alone 45 days in jail is not fun. and he better be able to make his life's earning in the next 5-7 years because this thing will follow him from now to his death.

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;4471585]if he was innocent he should have fought. i don't know enough about the case to say one way or another but spending 45 minutes let alone 45 days in jail is not fun. and he better be able to make his life's earning in the next 5-7 years because this thing will follow him from now to his death.[/QUOTE]

Im sure that jail is a little different if you are 6'5 350....not that its not horrible, but the biggest problem with jail is pretty much not an issue for kendrick.

Also, in this situation "innocence" is very ambiguous. He punched the guy, that isn't really debatable, its WHY he did it, so to say you would risk deportation and a long term jail sentence over a short stint, is very presumptuous.

[QUOTE=patman;4471541]
    No doubt that he will be suspended by the league.[/QUOTE]

Goodell can't touch him. He wasn't in the NFL when the incident happened.

[QUOTE=eaglenj;4471592]Im sure that jail is a little different if you are 6'5 350....not that its not horrible, but the biggest problem with jail is pretty much not an issue for kendrick.

Also, in this situation "innocence" is very ambiguous. He punched the guy, that isn't really debatable, its WHY he did it, so to say you would risk deportation and a long term jail sentence over a short stint, is very presumptuous.[/QUOTE]

Biggest problem with jail is boredom bro... Stop watching TV...

[QUOTE=Ven0m;4471608]Goodell can't touch him. He wasn't in the NFL when the incident happened.[/QUOTE]

Poor Pats fans..

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;4471608]Goodell can't touch him. He wasn't in the NFL when the incident happened.[/QUOTE]

Terrelle Pryor

Jim Tressel

No biggy---he isn't the answer to anything.

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4471651]No biggy---he isn't the answer to anything.[/QUOTE]

Why do you post complete crap?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;4471494]sucks he will probably miss most of the offseason training + training camp. but at least it'll be over.

and maybe he'll get jacked in prison....[/QUOTE]

90 days in jail not prison... big difference... but on the bright side when he's done with all of this, I'm assuming his head will be clear and focused on football... No more worries about legal uncertainties... I hope Kenrick represents for the HBCUs and becomes a great asset for us...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4471657]Why do you post complete crap?[/QUOTE]

Same reason you do!

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4471657]Why do you post complete crap?[/QUOTE]

Ray Ray want a botty?

Anyone who thinks he'll be suspended should throw some loot at it. I'll take any size bet over $100...

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4471620]Terrelle Pryor

Jim Tressel[/QUOTE]

lol, you don't quite understand the difference in situations do you?

[QUOTE=LockeJET;4471661]Same reason you do![/QUOTE]

GFY

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4471684]lol, you don't quite understand the difference in situations do you?[/QUOTE]

Yea, this is worse.

:eek:

But I will go on record as saying that I do not expect him to face any punishment from the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=Austin;4471391]I doubt he'll serve all 90 days -- I definitley expect him out in time for camp.[/QUOTE]

I worked in law enforcement for 12 years, if Kendrick is a first time offender, (which i don't know) there may be a good chance he just gets probation or a suspended sentence since he is only being convicted of misdemeanor assault & battery. Very rarely does a first time offender get & serve jail time for a misdemeanor.

If the plea deal specifically calls for him to serve the 90 day sentence, he will most likely serve no more then 60 days with gain-time for good behavior.

Jets DT Kenrick Ellis is expected to serve 90 days in jail after agreeing to plead guilty in exchange for a reduced charge of misdemeanor assault and battery.
    Ellis was originally charged with malicious wounding after breaking the jaw and nose of a man during an altercation on the Hampton (Va.) University campus. A native of Jamaica, Ellis will avoid deportation after the deal. He would miss training camp and return in late August if he serves the full 90-day sentence.

[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football"]http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football[/URL]
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 05-17-2012 at 11:59 PM.

All Pro
    THE END.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4471620]Terrelle Pryor

Jim Tressel[/QUOTE]
    Terrelle Pryor was a completely different situation.

Had to do with eligibility plus the NCAA had already given him a 5 game suspension. He wasn't given a flyer simply by entering the Supplemental Draft.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4471777]Terrelle Pryor was a completely different situation.

Had to do with eligibility plus the NCAA had already given him a 5 game suspension. He wasn't given a flyer simply by entering the Supplemental Draft.[/QUOTE]

Further to Jordy's point, the issue with Pryor had direct consequence and correlation with the ongoing effort by the NFL and NCAA to join forces and promote policies to protect player and college football against sanctions of players receiving monetary gain or benefits.

Ellis' issue was an off the field legal matter. I doubt seriously that the NFL or Goodel can do anything with Ellis, maybe a visit to ensure the player realizes the NFL policies for players who get into legal trouble.

It is funny watching some of our Pat fan contingent pray Ellis gets suspended. That's a good thing, they must realize the Jets got a steal when selecting the player.

Fear noted.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-18-2012 at 08:59 AM.