Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Weatherford on Sanchez - by our favorite blogger

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4471897]LOL

I would rather hear what the current Jets waterboy thinks of Sanchez than read about what an ex-punter thinks...about anything.

Interviewing a punter is like interviewing a key grip on a movie set. Cimini is desperate for a story here.[/QUOTE]

It amazes me that an NFL punter has anything to say publicly about other teammates/former teammates. Punters need to mind their own business. No one cares what they have to say about anything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;4471893]Fair enough. But the Jets only quit last year. And only very few did. People who were known to be problems in the past with other teams. He was a golden boy his first two years. Last season he is running for his life with cry baby WRs and they miss the playoffs and now he's not a leader? The whole team had a down year and nobody on the team stepped up and took control as a leader. Not only on Sanchez. He plays QB but that doesn't mean he's the only leader on the team.[/QUOTE]

This is my point he had a chance to step-in and take it alot of newer players don't want to step on toes which is somewhat understandable but when it is there and there are NO obstacles as a FRANCHISE QB you take it...........being hesitant is not what I call a leader............JMO............I just think his best chance was last year when the team needed him the most and he failed........

Do you really think with Tebow in town he is ever going to have a chance like he did last year............So if he did not take the reins at the best time last year what makes people think he will do it now when his odds are lowered even more?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4471768]Weatherford is right on. Its only you homers that cant accept the truth.[/QUOTE]

Really?

[QUOTE]That's a lot to take on as a rookie. [B]But as the years go on[/B], I think you're expected to mature, skill-wise, and also mature as a leader, and to be honest with you, as much as I like the guy, I just haven't seen that."

[/QUOTE]

This is an interesting portion of the quote.

First of all, Weatherford was not with the Jets. So where is his assessmnt coming from? What factual basisdoes he have t say this?

And most importantly, "as years go by?" The kid is entering his 4th season. As the years go by...:rolleyes:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4471768]Weatherford is right on. Its only you homers that cant accept the truth.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of whether he may be right, I don't value his opinion. Weatherford has no more insight than anyone on this fan board. He is removed from the jets training facilities and his information is 2 years old.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4471803]I had dinner with Zoltan Mesko last night. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff he told me.[/QUOTE]
    Pictures of the two of you hugging or it didn't happen.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This must've been ucrenegade when he saw the thread title:

[IMG]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkk494awOp6L8Omm0imzp230TUmzFWnCirjis2aFvRk2aYWyfz7aB_bu_6aA[/IMG]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, punters are people, too, you know! Chris Kluwe is one of the most intelligent players in the league, and one of its most poignant tweeters. Just sayin'.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4471768]Weatherford is right on. Its only you homers that cant accept the truth.[/QUOTE

Boy, I have never seen one player get bashed like Sanchez has. This guy has not played with Sanchez for 2 years, at least qualify your statement with "When I was with the Jets from 2009-2010". How does he know how Mark has handled himself the last 20 months? How do you know Joe Willie? If you don't have confidence in our QB Joe Willie then you must think the Jets are going to suck, how do you even root for them? Don't tell me you want Tebow to be our starter? THis is a make or break year for Sanchez but he needs the players around him to suceed and I think he's gonna succeed. Let me ask you, do you hope you are wrong or would you rather be correct and see Mark and the Jets suck? Just asking

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first question I have is why did Weatherford comment on Sanchez in the first place?

This reeks of Cimini asking a leading question to help stir the pot.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4471808]No one is hating. Im just not going to sugarcoat the truth. Sanchez's play on the field and his leadership are not where it needs to be for a successful franchise qb.

And its not only me saying this. His teammates, his coach, his gm etc have all come to this conclusion. They would not have chased Peyton Manning and Tebow would not be here if anyone in the organization believed in Sanchez.

I know you will now come at me with, "But they gave him an extension bs." Well, here is an article that shows you how bogus his extension is:
    [URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278a205/article/mark-sanchezs-extension-with-jets-isnt-all-it-seems[/URL]

[/QUOTE]

[I]"All told, Sanchez will get [B]$20.5 million guaranteed[/B] compared to [B]$17.75 million of [U]non[/U]-guaranteed money[/B] over the next two years. It's [B]a "measly" raise of $2.75 million[/B][/I]."

Sorry, but the author lost all credibility right there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you liked or presently like any player on the Jets other than Chad Pennington?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Have you liked or presently like any player on the Jets other than Chad Pennington? [/QUOTE]

Yes. I like many of the players. Greene, Hill, Mangold, Dbrick, Harris, Revis, McKnight, Tebow, Pouha, Coples, Devito, Kerely. I even like Mark Sanchez. But hes just not right for this team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Let me ask you, do you hope you are wrong or would you rather be correct and see Mark and the Jets suck? Just asking [/QUOTE]

I have seen Sanchez for 3 years. I have watched him start 53 games. I do not need to see anymore to realize that he is not the right qb for this team. Can he be a good qb on another team? Maybe. But its not happening here.

Give Tebow a shot now. But the Jets will do this the roundabout way and we will see tebow as our starting qb come october.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4471962][I]"All told, Sanchez will get [B]$20.5 million guaranteed[/B] compared to [B]$17.75 million of [U]non[/U]-guaranteed money[/B] over the next two years. It's [B]a "measly" raise of $2.75 million[/B][/I]."

Sorry, but the author lost all credibility right there.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure I am even wasting my time after you mentioned giving Tebow a shot... he's not the right person for my kids high school team. Seems that you are a Jet fan that loves to hate but lets see if you have a sliver of reality.

They want to create competition for Sanchez but they never really seroius about Manning. The contract extension saved the Jets cap $ this year and if Mark has a great year, the new years are a bargain for the Jets. If he sucks, the new years are irrelavent because they are not guarenteed. No QB plays like a Franchise QB at the beginning, I remember Peyton sucking when we played the Colts the first 2 years. Our QB helped us get to AFCG 2 years and won 4 playoff games in the first 2 years. That's amazing. The guy deserves another year to prove himself after an off year, if you can't agree on that then you are being unreasonable. This is a huge year for not only Mark, but Rex, Tanny and a lot of other players. All I know is we need him to be or its back to square one. Jets fans need to be on his side.
    Last edited by Sec340; 05-18-2012 at 12:07 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]after you mentioned giving Tebow a shot... he's not the right person for my kids high school team.[/QUOTE]

Well you must be smarter then our owner, gm, head coach and offensive coordinator because Tim Tebow is going to be starting games for the New York Jets by October.

[QUOTE]No QB plays like a Franchise QB at the beginning[/QUOTE]

The guy has started 53 NFL games. Can we please stop acting like he is a rookie. You homers are delusional.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weatherford is 100% correct. I just hate Cimini with a passion. Has he written a positive article this off-season? I hate the prick with a passion.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4471849]

I know it is schotty's fault blah blah blah...........if he was so bad why did he get hired by one of the best coaches of the last 10 years? Don't say fisher is a bad coach because you know damn well that is not true.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Fisher's 17-year HC stint produced eleven .500-or-worse seasons and no ring.

Is NY willing to show Rex - or any HC - that much patience and forgiveness?

After two AFCCs and one 8-8 finish, Rex's neck is already on the JI chopping block.

[QUOTE]I know it was hunters fault blah blah blah................but then why is he the unquestioned starter? They did not even try and draft his replacement.[/QUOTE]

Because anyone not paralyzed from the neck up that knows how to watch football and judge talent can see Mark is the real deal.

Those (numerous) huge plays he made were not flukes.

[QUOTE][b]when will people realize after 3 seasons maybe this is sanchez[/b]............

ps jury is still out on tebow he has only had 16 starts.........he has 2 more years to get better and he is not that far from sanchez now.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez left college early unlike Tebow.

This is Tim's 3rd year in the NFL and he's still a backup.

Using your own criteria, if Tebow doesn't produce a SB this year it's time to close the books on him.

My favorite part is when Sanchez-haters name the QBs they'd rather have and every QB on the list has either accomplished much less - particularly in their first 3 years - and/or they've been around much longer.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, he's proved that football players are just as idiotic as internet dweebs.

He needs to go from a 3rd year QB and all the inconsistencies that 3rd year QBs come to the table with. Shocking, in his 3 years Sanchez looks like a 3rd year QB, just like 99.999999% of all QBs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sec340;4471985]I am not sure I am even wasting my time after you mentioned giving Tebow a shot... he's not the right person for my kids high school team. Seems that you are a Jet fan that loves to hate but lets see if you have a sliver of reality.

They want to create competition for Sanchez but they never really seroius about Manning. The contract extension saved the Jets cap $ this year and if Mark has a great year, the new years are a bargain for the Jets. If he sucks, the new years are irrelavent because they are not guarenteed. No QB plays like a Franchise QB at the beginning, I remember Peyton sucking when we played the Colts the first 2 years. Our QB helped us get to AFCG 2 years and won 4 playoff games in the first 2 years. That's amazing. The guy deserves another year to prove himself after an off year, if you can't agree on that then you are being unreasonable. This is a huge year for not only Mark, but Rex, Tanny and a lot of other players. All I know is we need him to be or its back to square one. Jets fans need to be on his side.[/QUOTE]
    Excuse me?

I think you have me confused with someone else. :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4471744]Great, another quote from Mr. 14 yard punt in the AFCCG.[/QUOTE]

Is he being dishonest in anyway or do you just not like what he is saying? Pretty spot on if you ask me. This is a big year for MS. He has what it takes. Just has to be able to put it all together.