Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steve Weatherford on Sanchez - by our favorite blogger

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4472379]Ok fair enough, how about a charity bet. Doesn't have to be much $25, winner chooses where the money goes to. Loser has to post proof.[/QUOTE]

ok sounds good.

send my winnings here...................................[url]http://www.timtebowfoundation.org/[/url] ;)
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 05-19-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4472559]People who play in football games are football players to me. Hate on kickers and punters all you want, but they often decide the outcome of the trench battles between the only ones you consider football players. That must piss you off... non-football players deciding the outcome of football games.[/QUOTE]

Well they ain't to football players, you live under a rock?

[QUOTE=Jordy;4471939]Really?

This is an interesting portion of the quote.

First of all, Weatherford was not with the Jets. So where is his assessmnt coming from? What factual basisdoes he have t say this?

And most importantly, "as years go by?" The kid is entering his 4th season. As the years go by...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I can't believe how many posters disregarded the fact he wasn't with the Jets in the locker room so he actually has absolutely no idea how he has or has not matured as a leader. Cimini is an airhead for not pointing this out.

All Pro
    Weatherford saw him 'close' up for two years and criticizes him for not 'maturing over the years'. Yup...that makes sense.

Bottom line for me, compare Sanchez's first three seasons to Eli Manning's. They're actually not that different, and Sanchez was probably slightly better, particularly in light of his substantial lack of college experience.

The one number that stands out significantly is sacks. Sanchez was sacked 39 times last year, compared to 25 for Eli in his third season. Is that more on the QB, the OLine, or the play-calling? I don't feel comfortable judging that but it's probably a worthy debate.

For comparison, here are a few other sack totals for young QBs in their 3rd season: Matt Ryan - 23; Joe Flacco - 40; Matt Stafford - 36; Josh Freeman - 29.

[QUOTE=jetrider;4472004]LOL.

Sanchez left college early unlike Tebow. [QUOTE]

Yeah, and Tebow beat out Cam Newton to be UF's starter, who did Mark beat out to finally become the toejams starter?
    Tim won the first Soph Heisman.
    Tim also won the Academic Heisman, Campbell (Draddy) Trophy.
    Tim also has 2 SEC-C Rings and 2 BCS-NC Rings.
    Plus pages of other awards and records.

[QUOTE] This is Tim's 3rd year in the NFL and he's still a backup. [QUOTE]

Careful, that much spin on reality could cause a Class 5 Rating Tornado.... :eek:

Tim's 2010 season resulted in 12 plays and then [U]3 starts[/U] to end the season for a 3-10 team,
    he went 1-2 while setting several Bronco and NFL records.
    Tim finished the 2010 season with a better QB PER than 1/1 Sam Bradford, or Colt McCly, or Jimmy Clausen.

Lockout Offseason

In 2011 Fox Claimed that he would have a 'FAIR' QB competition during the preseason to determine the starter.
    4th year Veteran Brady Quinn PER 69
    8th year Veteran Kyle Orton PER 104
    2nd year 3 start Rookie Tebow PER 108,,, plus 5.4 ypc rushing.

So in the genius [I][U]Fox-Fair QB competition[/U][/I], this means that [B]Orton 'Gives Us The Best Chance To Win'[/B] so they again start Orton.
    [B]>>> Orton then goes 1-4, <<<[/B] causing near riots among the long time Bronco fans.
    Tebow comes in cold off the bench again and takes the team to a 7-4 + 1-1 = 8-5 season.
    That gives Tim a[I][U] 9-7 Career W/L as a cold off the bench starter.[/U][/I]

Tim was a starter in 2010.
    Tim was a playoff starter in 2011.
    It took HoF P.Manning to bump Tim out of the 2012 Bronco starters spot.

So to start off his 3rd season (16 starts 9-7) he's ONLY a Backup with no starter talent??? :rolleyes:

[B]A Class 5 Tornado in the making fo-sho![/B] :yes:

[QUOTE=GreenWave;4471897]LOL

I would rather hear what the current Jets waterboy thinks of Sanchez than read about what an ex-punter thinks...about anything.

Interviewing a punter is like interviewing a key grip on a movie set. Cimini is desperate for a story here.[/QUOTE]
    Weatherford is a scrub and a choker. Who's he to criticise Sanchez/Westy? The guy think's he's Usain Bolt running in the open field when he should just punt the damn thing, instead he lumbers down the sidelines and gets drilled for his stupid effort. His punting sucks too
    Last edited by FijiJet; 05-20-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Ooops!

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82934dcc/article/steve-weatherford-clarifies-mark-sanchez-jabs[/URL]

[B]Steve Weatherford clarifies Mark Mark Sanchez jabs[/B]

[LIST][*]By Marc Sessler[/LIST]

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/players/steveweatherford/profile?id=WEA126153"]Steve Weatherford[/URL] has learned something this week: Riffing on [URL="http://www.nfl.com/players/marksanchez/profile?id=SAN091667"]Mark Sanchez[/URL] makes headlines.
    The [URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG"]New York Giants[/URL] punter generated controversy after suggesting his former [URL="http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/profile?team=NYJ"]New York Jets[/URL] teammate has [URL="http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d8292b10e"]failed to develop[/URL] as an NFL passer.
    Weatherford took to Twitter on Friday to clarify his remarks.

Weatherford was in Florham Park for Sanchez's first two seasons with the Jets. He questioned Sanchez's growth during [URL="http://www.nfl.com/podcast/covertwo-podcast/1337283164000/detail?module=HP11_content_stream"]a visit with NFL.com's "Cover Two" podcast Thursday[/URL].
    "I like Mark, I think he's a very talented quarterback, but from my standpoint, I haven't seen a lot of maturation from the position," Weatherford said. "When you're a quarterback and you come in, and you're expected to be the face of the franchise, and you're expected to lead the team, that's a lot to take on as a rookie, but as the years go on, I think you're expected to mature, skill-wise, and also mature as a leader, and to be honest with you, as much as I like the guy, I just haven't seen that."
    Weatherford added [URL="https://twitter.com/#!/Weatherford5/status/203549083208663040"]another log to the fire[/URL] Friday with a message for those pesky NFL bloggers: "Mark Sanchez will make people forget about (Tim) Tebow, but the competition will sharpen him. He has what is takes to be great."
    We're not so sure about that, but there's an upside here: If the Giants need a cornerback anytime soon, this punter can backpedal.

Not sure what makes him look more like an idiot, the jab, or the retraction ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Can't wait for a James Dearth interview on his opinion of Sanchez.

[QUOTE=nycdan;4473004]Weatherford saw him 'close' up for two years and criticizes him for not 'maturing over the years'. Yup...that makes sense.

Bottom line for me, compare Sanchez's first three seasons to Eli Manning's. [/QUOTE]

There just seems to be something about Mark Sanchez's personality that really irks players. Well, hopefully the Jets don't do something stupid to exacerbate the situation like trade for Tim Tebow.

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4474515]Can't wait for a James Dearth interview on his opinion of Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Cimini just blogged that Dorian Boose thought Sanchez didn't have a good work ethic. Very revealing stuff.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4474728]Cimini just blogged that Dorian Boose thought Sanchez didn't have a good work ethic. Very revealing stuff.[/QUOTE]
    Diminish is the douche of all douches

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4474728]Cimini just blogged that Dorian Boose thought Sanchez didn't have a good work ethic. Very revealing stuff.[/QUOTE]
    Correction: Cimini is the douche of all douches

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4474515]Can't wait for a James Dearth interview on his opinion of Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

LOL

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Vernon Gholston just tweeted during his break at Burger King that Mark Sanchez has "stolen money from the Jets for 3 seasons now!" He's "outraged" that a "Top 10 pick could be so ineffective." I believe he used the "B" word.