Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Weatherford on Sanchez - by our favorite blogger

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve Weatherford on Sanchez - by our favorite blogger

Cimini article from ESPN:

Mark Sanchez has received a lot of criticism this offseason, the latest coming from an unlikely source -- the punter.

Wait, make that the ex-punter.

New York Giant Steve Weatherford, whose 15 minutes of fame have lasted five months, questioned Sanchez's maturity this week during an NFL.com podcast.

"I like Mark -- I think he's a very talented quarterback -- but from my standpoint, I haven't seen a lot of maturation," said Weatherford, making the media rounds this week because the Giants received their Super Bowl rings. "When you're a quarterback and you come in, and you're expected to be the face of the franchise, and you're expected to lead the team.

"That's a lot to take on as a rookie. But as the years go on, I think you're expected to mature, skill-wise, and also mature as a leader, and to be honest with you, as much as I like the guy, I just haven't seen that."

Weatherford has been removed from the Jets for a year. He was Sanchez's teammate in 2009 and 2010, when they reached back-to-back AFC Championship Games, but the Jets decided not to re-sign Weatherford last offseason. He landed with the Giants and, lo and behold, he was a pivotal player in their championship run, landing a new contract.

Weatherford also was critical of Jets special teams coach Mike Westhoff at various points during the season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great, another quote from Mr. 14 yard punt in the AFCCG.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am certain that someone from the Giants FO or coaching staff will be calling Stevie to tell him to STFU.

Leave it up to Cimini to stir up some garbage and have a punter critique a QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly Cimini stirring. How many times did Weatherford say he liked Sanchez or say he is a talented QB? With that being said Weatherford is a tool. And he needs to shut up. And this story I posted really isn't news and I apologize for it. But again, Weatherford needs to shut up

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weatherford is right on. Its only you homers that cant accept the truth.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;4471755]Exactly Cimini stirring. How many times did Weatherford say he liked Sanchez or say he is a talented QB? With that being said Weatherford is a tool. And he needs to shut up. And this story I posted really isn't news and I apologize for it. But again, Weatherford needs to shut up[/QUOTE]

I think it is a good post. We should all bring as much exposure to how bad that guy is as a "reporter". Sad thing is, every time we do it, he wins because there is no such thing as bad publicity.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4471768]Weatherford is right on. Its only you homers that cant accept the truth.[/QUOTE]

& SOJF haters are gonna hate just because.. good for you..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4471768]Weatherford is right on. Its only you homers that cant accept the truth.[/QUOTE]

+1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had dinner with Zoltan Mesko last night. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff he told me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4471803]I had dinner with Zoltan Mesko last night. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff he told me.[/QUOTE]

Did he laugh at the Big Ring Circus?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    wonder what our 4th string long snapper from 2 years ago thinks of sanchez? hope cimini tracks him down

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]& SOJF haters are gonna hate just because.. good for you.. [/QUOTE]

No one is hating. Im just not going to sugarcoat the truth. Sanchez's play on the field and his leadership are not where it needs to be for a successful franchise qb.

And its not only me saying this. His teammates, his coach, his gm etc have all come to this conclusion. They would not have chased Peyton Manning and Tebow would not be here if anyone in the organization believed in Sanchez.

I know you will now come at me with, "But they gave him an extension bs." Well, here is an article that shows you how bogus his extension is:
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278a205/article/mark-sanchezs-extension-with-jets-isnt-all-it-seems[/url]

Mark has about 3 or 4 games to become a top 10 qb. If he fails, October will be Tebow Time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4471806]Did he laugh at the Big Ring Circus?[/QUOTE]

I can't tell you what he said. You think I'm some sort of fanboy?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's the point of making that comment? He probably didn't like having to punt so often cause it kept exposing how much he sucked.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4471808]No one is hating. Im just not going to sugarcoat the truth. Sanchez's play on the field and his leadership are not where it needs to be for a successful franchise qb.

And its not only me saying this. His teammates, his coach, his gm etc have all come to this conclusion. They would not have chased Peyton Manning and Tebow would not be here if anyone in the organization believed in Sanchez.

I know you will now come at me with, "But they gave him an extension bs." Well, here is an article that shows you how bogus his extension is:
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8278a205/article/mark-sanchezs-extension-with-jets-isnt-all-it-seems[/url]

Mark has about 3 or 4 games to become a top 10 qb. If he fails, October will be Tebow Time.[/QUOTE]

That article just tells me what I have been saying all along I think it is mostly jetsinsider fans that want him...............Though I am more sure they just want him because they don't want tebow.

The FO and all the players in the NFL seem to say the exact opposite of what fans on here are saying.

I know it is schotty's fault blah blah blah...........if he was so bad why did he get hired by one of the best coaches of the last 10 years? Don't say fisher is a bad coach because you know damn well that is not true.

I know it was hunters fault blah blah blah................but then why is he the unquestioned starter? They did not even try and draft his replacement.

when will people realize after 3 seasons maybe this is sanchez............just because he was good in college and was a top 5 draft pick does not mean it will carry over........see leaf, young, wuerfell, and many many others.

ps jury is still out on tebow he has only had 16 starts.........he has 2 more years to get better and he is not that far from sanchez now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4471849]

when will people realize after 3 seasons maybe this is sanchez............just because he was good in college and was a top 5 draft pick does not mean it will carry over........see leaf, young, wuerfell, and many many others.
    [/QUOTE]

Sanchez is actually learning how to play football in the NFL. He had only 16 starts in college. Right into the NFL fire. The Mannings, Brees, Rivers, Freeman, Romo, Ryan ... all these guys had tons of college experience. Maybe this is all Sanchez is, but after less than 70 games between college and pros, I'd say it's a little early to know.

Weatherford's been in the league 6 years. Why isn't he more of a leader? Because he's not a QB? How many Jets have said Sanchez is a leader compared to those who said he isn't? I'd take Mangold's, Revis', Keller's word over Plax's any day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;4471865]Sanchez is actually learning how to play football in the NFL. He had only 16 starts in college. Right into the NFL fire. The Mannings, Brees, Rivers, Freeman, Romo, Ryan ... all these guys had tons of college experience. Maybe this is all Sanchez is, but after less than 70 games between college and pros, I'd say it's a little early to know.

Weatherford's been in the league 6 years. Why isn't he more of a leader? Because he's not a QB? How many Jets have said Sanchez is a leader compared to those who said he isn't? I'd take Mangold's, Revis', Keller's word over Plax's any day.[/QUOTE]

so people that get hired for a job after 3 years they can still go to the boss and say I only had 1 year exp before being hired and so i am sorry I cost the company money but i am still learning your boss wouldn't fire you?

Fact is that is why I gave him the first 2 years because of limited exp but by year 3 should be NO excuses why he lets people quit on him and he doesn't lead.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4471806]Did he laugh at the Big Ring Circus?[/QUOTE]

Do you think he'd laugh if you had a stroke?

I know I would.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4471876]so people that get hired for a job after 3 years they can still go to the boss and say I only had 1 year exp before being hired and so i am sorry I cost the company money but i am still learning your boss wouldn't fire you?

Fact is that is why I gave him the first 2 years because of limited exp but by year 3 should be NO excuses why he lets people quit on him and he doesn't lead.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. But the Jets only quit last year. And only very few did. People who were known to be problems in the past with other teams. He was a golden boy his first two years. Last season he is running for his life with cry baby WRs and they miss the playoffs and now he's not a leader? The whole team had a down year and nobody on the team stepped up and took control as a leader. Not only on Sanchez. He plays QB but that doesn't mean he's the only leader on the team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4471744]Great, another quote from Mr. 14 yard punt in the AFCCG.[/QUOTE]

LOL

I would rather hear what the current Jets waterboy thinks of Sanchez than read about what an ex-punter thinks...about anything.

Interviewing a punter is like interviewing a key grip on a movie set. Cimini is desperate for a story here.