Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How long before Sparano is the head coach?

How long before Sparano is the head coach?

I love Rex, and obviously, I hope we do well. But if things go south this year, I can see Rex getting the boot and Sparano taking over.

We went from "players coach" in Herm to a disciplinarian in Mangini to a players coach in Rex.

If we do poorly, You'll see/here all of the "Rex is to soft and talks to much stuff" and the disciplinarian Sparano will probably take over.

I think Rex can survive another .500 type season due to the equity he has built up, but If we start out 2 and 6, 3 and 8, etc., Sparano will be the coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    How long before this thread is dumped?

Jets Insider VIP
    It's moments like this that make me pray the Mayans are right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=crossfire;4471982]It's moments like this that make me pray the Mayans are right.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, if the Mayans are right then Rex & I are going to get jipped out of birthday gifts this year. He's Dec. 13th & I'm the 17th.

:D

My over/under on when Tebow becomes both starting QB and first modern day Player/Head Coach in the NFL is Game 8.

You can't doubt me if you want, but I have seen him eat lunch and his leadership skills can never be doubted.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4471972]How long before this thread is dumped?[/QUOTE]

+ infinity

Jets fans amaze me sometimes... :shakehead

All League
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4472005]My over/under on when Tebow becomes both starting QB and first modern day Player/Head Coach in the NFL is Game 8.

You can't doubt me if you want, but I have seen him eat lunch and his leadership skills can never be doubted.[/QUOTE]

LOL

that how im looking at this...........

[QUOTE=ctjetfan;4471968]I love Rex, and obviously, I hope we do well. But if things go south this year, I can see Rex getting the boot and Sparano taking over.

We went from "players coach" in Herm to a disciplinarian in Mangini to a players coach in Rex.

If we do poorly, You'll see/here all of the "Rex is to soft and talks to much stuff" and the disciplinarian Sparano will probably take over.

I think Rex can survive another .500 type season due to the equity he has built up, but If we start out 2 and 6, 3 and 8, etc., Sparano will be the coach.[/QUOTE]

might have been brought in ahead of time to get him ready before the axe falls, ala mike woodson with the knicks.

[QUOTE=crossfire;4471982]It's moments like this that make me pray the Mayans are right.[/QUOTE]

If the Mayans are right, I bet we're undefeated when it all goes down, making us the favorites to win the Super Bowl that'll never happen.

As for Head Coach, I don't even think Rex is on the hot seat this season, nor should he be. Barring a complete and utter collapse, any talk of replacing him is pure fiction. And to top it off, even if that did happen, I'm not so sure Sparano would even be the one to replace him.

I'd say Rex can go 8-8, 7-9, even 6-10 without worrying about getting fired. If they do much worse than that, I think there'd be a greater chance of Rex resigning than getting canned, given his personality.

But again, my money's on Rex being with the Jets for a long time. That's my hope anyway.

[QUOTE=revischrist;4472005]My over/under on when Tebow becomes both starting QB and first modern day Player/Head Coach in the NFL is Game 8.

You can't doubt me if you want, but I have seen him eat lunch and his leadership skills can never be doubted.[/QUOTE]

LOL

It's getting ridiculous

Team signed player A, how long before player A replaces player B

Team hired assistant coach A, how long before assistant coach A replaces coach B

The obsession and second guessing by the media and the fans that eat it up is truly amazing.

It's time like this I wish we were back in the age before social media, ****, even before the internet.

[I]Player D is brought in, oh no, what is the team doing with player A, B, and C?

Doesn't the team worry about Player D coming in and replacing player B? [/I] [I]

What about Player B's feelings about Player D coming in?[/I] [I]

Coach A loves the move.[/I] [I]

Coach B is indifferent. [/I] [I]

HOLY ****, did you see what Coach C said about player D?[/I] [I]

That HAS to mean Player B is about to be traded.[/I] [I]

It also has to mean player C will be requesting a trade immediately.[/I] [I]

Coach A better be careful how he handles bringing in Player D, his job is on the line.[/I] [I]

On second thought, what the hell is General Manager doing these days, bringing in all of these damn players that will be such detriment to the team?[/I] [I]

BTW, if General manager doesn't bring in all of these damn players, I'm writing my congressman, my attorney, the CIA, and the President, he needs to be fired immediately.[/I] [I]

So when do you think General Manager B will be replaced by General Manager C...[/I]

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rYNbwEd4fD4/Txz6RROJRuI/AAAAAAAAANg/2ipSkKI0uQw/s1600/Businessman_Holding_Gun_To_Head_MON098143.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-18-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kennesawjet;4472016]might have been brought in ahead of time to get him ready before the axe falls, ala mike woodson with the knicks.[/QUOTE]

Great point. That could possibly be! Tony had the blowfish playing well even though the team did not have much talent.

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1eooik[/url]

he was brought in to run the offense in an iron-fisted manner with a hard-ass, disciplinarian style. Namely to undo the adverse results of Schittyhymen's laissez-faire style of non involvement. All you conspiracy theorists are ridiculous.

[B]This thread needs to be transferred to the JI Dump forthwith.[/B]

Jets Insider VIP

[B]You can't doubt me if you want, but I have seen him eat lunch and his leadership skills can never be doubted.[/[/B]QUOTE]

You are so right in your humor!!! That is what is so Insane!!!:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    my under/over on either Sparano becoming HC or Timmy becoming the starting QB of the NYJ is

NEVER

other than satisfying the morbid wallowing in misery desires of SOJFS both of these moves would be huge downgrades from the current occupant of these positions

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=revischrist;4472005]My over/under on when Tebow becomes both starting QB and first modern day Player/Head Coach in the NFL is Game 8. You can't doubt me if you want, but I have seen him eat lunch and his leadership skills can never be doubted.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he has leadership & good lunch eating skills , but his "popularity poll" is sinking fast amongst NY'ers. His PR people need to kick it down a notch & in a NY minute before he gets over exposed.

Here's a list of ass hat moves so far:

Mistake #1 - Arrives to Florham Park in a private jet.

Mistake #2 - Renames his dog Bronx from Bronco? Seriously? C'mon Tim, you've been callin the dog "Bronc" since ya got him, so he's going to answer to either name.

Mistake #3 - (if true) Tebow was in Las Vegas & his brother wanted a $50,000 donation to set up an interview with Tim?

Mistake #4 - His lawyers sending a cease & desist order for a tee shirt that says "MY JESUS" using the same font & green oval as the Jets use.

Hasn't played a down yet as a NY Jet.

:ohbrother

When this happens Shotty will be coming back and finally get his change as hc of the NYJ

Hall Of Fame
    LOL.

This is ridiculous.

But if Rex was to be fired, I think Googs would be the replacement.

Like Rex, he has a ring.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4472002]Hahaha, if the Mayans are right then Rex & I are going to get jipped out of birthday gifts this year. He's Dec. 13th & I'm the 17th.

:D[/QUOTE]

I'm the 13th as well, but my approach to the wife was it better be the best ever as it may be my last (we have til the 21st). From your posts I shoulda realized you were a Sagittarius.

[QUOTE=ctjetfan;4471968]I love Rex, and obviously, I hope we do well. But if things go south this year, I can see Rex getting the boot and Sparano taking over.

I think Rex can survive another .500 type season due to the equity he has built up, but If we start out 2 and 6, 3 and 8, etc., Sparano will be the coach.[/QUOTE]

just stop...

we haven't even gotten to TC yet and you are posting this because of what? You aren't happy the Jets finished .500 last year and 1 player has complimented Sparano in the offseason?

Just stop it.

Paging SAR...