Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How long before Sparano is the head coach?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsPrisoner12;4472063]When this happens Shotty will be coming back and finally get his change as hc of the NYJ[/QUOTE]

If this ever happened I would stop watching football. I can't wait to see him destroy Sam Bradford like he did with Brees, Pennington, Farve and Sanchez. Too bad he didn't take another job in the AFCE. We would be in heaven.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NPTJET53;4472291]Whats wrong with #4... the website that made the shirt was likely doing that to exploit the faith of tebow's fans. It makes sense given that Tebow is a religious fanatic.[/QUOTE]
    1) The shirt did not have Tebow's name.
    2) The shirt did not have Tebow's number. Even if it did, Tebow has no claim on the generic number 15.
    3) The shirt did not contain a likeness of Tebow.
    4) It did have a green oval, somewhat similar to the Jets logo. Tebow is not the Jets.
    5) It did say Jesus on it. Last I checked, Tebow is not Jesus, although some around here may feel differently.
    6) Given all the above, the fact that a multimillionaire (Tebow) sends his high priced lawyers after someone who is probably making a couple of dollars per shirt trying to make a living, is a douche move, reaks of ego and arrogance, and as Limo Lady points out, is a really bad PR move.

Boy, this guy is a real leader. I can see why you are all so excited. :rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4472168]:rotfl:

I wonder if Tebow's lawyers are going to cut a check to the Vatican In Care Of Jesus H. Christ if they win the tee shirt "cease & desist" case. Talk about hypocrisy, the main goal of Jesus being on Earth was to spread the word of God. Once you print it on a tee shirt and make five cents off of it, all of a sudden there are attorneys involved.

Gee, I wonder if the 12 apostles have a case since they none of them were ever paid minimum wage to follow Jesus nor were they covered by Workmen's Comp.[/QUOTE]Kinda makes you wonder who's been getting those royalties from all the copies of the Bible that have been sold over the last 2000 years or so. 5000 years if you consider the old testament a separate book. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NPTJET53;4472291]Whats wrong with #4... the website that made the shirt was likely doing that to exploit the faith of tebow's fans. It makes sense given that Tebow is a religious fanatic.[/QUOTE]

Underneath your username is says "God Hates Jet Fans" so do you feel hated? If yes, then I understand why you don't think #4 is just a way of Tim's PR people keeping his name in the press during the offseason.

And Tebow is a religious fanatic? Die hard NY'ers hate fanatics & it makes him that much less appealing. Did you see what happened to the fanatics that tried to occupy Wall Street with the Zuccotti Park protests?

Where are those fanatics now?

;)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ctjetfan;4471968]
    If we do poorly, You'll see/here all of the "Rex is to soft and talks to much stuff" and the disciplinarian Sparano will probably take over.

I think Rex can survive another .500 type season due to the equity he has built up, but If we start out 2 and 6, 3 and 8, etc., Sparano will be the coach.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://miggyzaballero.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/hycw_bad_design_poster_0007stupid_2.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 05-18-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4472272]Let's clear something up, I'm not pissed at anybody or anything. Your posts however, seem to emote a bit of hostility & in search of an argument. I'm stating facts as they occured & giving an opinion that are ass hat PR moves. My circle of friends (outside of cyberland & also native NY'ers) feel the same way.

With that being said, I sincerely could care less what this kid does or doesn't do, but he is a topic of discussion & since he hasn't played a down of football yet for the NY Jets, this is what passes for "shop talk" at the moment.

Just remember one thing, players & coaches come and go, but the fans, the media & most FO folks are forever. Some of us will still be here long after Tebow is gone and wearing a suit for desk jockey banter on the NFL Sunday Countdown Show.

Now go in peace my brother & enjoy the off season.

;)[/QUOTE]

Your post doesn't deal with facts, thats a spin. Its based totally on your opinion and more to the point behavior that you find annoying. That he took a ride on a private jets is a fact, that its bothersome or indicates a bad start is not fact, it's your opinion.

It's not hostility to point this out. I'm not mad, just pointing it out

You don't like him, fine, I'm not a fan either. But looking for stuff to moan about is pointless.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-18-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4472397]Your post doesn't deal with facts, thats a spin. Its based totally on your opinion and more to the point behavior that you find annoying. That he took a ride on a private jets is a fact, that its bothersome or indicates a bad start is not fact, it's your opinion.

It's not hostility to point this out. I'm not mad, just pointing it out

You don't like him, fine, I'm not a fan either. But looking for stuff to moan about is pointless.[/QUOTE]

Kid came in on a private jet. Fact + my opinion why it was a bad move.
    Kid changed his dogs name. Fact + my opinion why it was a bad move.
    Kid's brother allegedly tried to cut a deal for cash. I'll give ya this one. Not sure if fact, still a bad move.
    Kid's attorneys go after tee shirt guy. Fact + my opinion why it was a bad move.

I never said I didn't like the kid, but I'll let you know after I meet him and see what he has to say. If you find my posts to be moaning about something, please don't reply to them. Other than that, enjoy the offseason.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ctjetfan;4471968]I love Rex, and obviously, I hope we do well. But if things go south this year, I can see Rex getting the boot and Sparano taking over.

We went from "players coach" in Herm to a disciplinarian in Mangini to a players coach in Rex.

If we do poorly, You'll see/here all of the "Rex is to soft and talks to much stuff" and the disciplinarian Sparano will probably take over.

I think Rex can survive another .500 type season due to the equity he has built up, but If we start out 2 and 6, 3 and 8, etc., Sparano will be the coach.[/QUOTE]

Afc championship game. 2nd in afce
    8-8 2nd in afce
    2012?
    Then fired?

You are an ___________.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4472490]Afc championship game. 2nd in afce
    8-8 2nd in afce
    2012?
    Then fired?

You are an ___________.[/QUOTE]

+1. I hope Rex is the HC until he's as old and successful as he wants to be. (-;

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ctjetfan;4471968]

How long before Sparano is the head coach?

[/QUOTE]

Week 6. After the 1-4 start.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4472490]Afc championship game. 2nd in afce
    8-8 2nd in afce
    2012?
    Then fired?

You are an ___________.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/Rex-Ryan-Clown.jpg[/IMG]

Rex has lost his team.

1-4 start, bye-bye Clown.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :DIf Tebow was not in the league that shirt would not exist......Tebow has a legitimate gripe...if you can't see that it was created because of how tebow is, then you are blind.....Tebow is NOT GOD...he has never once said he was....the Tebow mania was created by the Media and NOT Tebow.....I have been watching this kid since he was in high school then college (Go Gators!) He has been the same person saying the same things since day one....and yes he is a true leader.

[QUOTE=GandWFan;4472317]1) The shirt did not have Tebow's name.
    2) The shirt did not have Tebow's number. Even if it did, Tebow has no claim on the generic number 15.
    3) The shirt did not contain a likeness of Tebow.
    4) It did have a green oval, somewhat similar to the Jets logo. Tebow is not the Jets.
    5) It did say Jesus on it. Last I checked, Tebow is not Jesus, although some around here may feel differently.
    6) Given all the above, the fact that a multimillionaire (Tebow) sends his high priced lawyers after someone who is probably making a couple of dollars per shirt trying to make a living, is a douche move, reaks of ego and arrogance, and as Limo Lady points out, is a really bad PR move.

Boy, this guy is a real leader. I can see why you are all so excited. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the running game loooks as bad as it does on paper.....i could see a few heads rolling.

Possibly in 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump

SOJFs have enough threads to wallow in their misery already

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4472564][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/Rex-Ryan-Clown.jpg[/IMG]

Rex has lost his team.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Not a chance, ownership loves him, team loves him media loves him, the only thing he lost was the 2 afc championship games, about 100 pounds, and you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4472601]Not a chance, ownership loves him, team loves him media loves him, the only thing he lost was the 2 afc championship games, about 100 pounds, and you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the history lesson.

Problem is, it's 2012 and Rex Ryan is the wrong coach for this team. Off of Mangini he was a breath of fresh air, set the players free, communicated to the fans.

Player freedom and fan communication are now his two biggest problems. Take those away and he's just a defensive coordinator who can't stop Tom Brady.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4472564][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/Rex-Ryan-Clown.jpg[/IMG]

Rex has lost his team.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SAR I;4472602]Thanks for the history lesson.

Problem is, it's 2012 and Rex Ryan is the wrong coach for this team. Off of Mangini he was a breath of fresh air, set the players free, communicated to the.

Player freedom and fan communication are now his two biggest problems. Take those away and he's just a defensive coordinator who can't stop Tom Brady.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you are still open to learning.

The reality is ownership is excited to have him as the team is more popular and relevant than ever. I have yet to hear a negative statement about him from any of his bosses, only praise and that his style is appreciated (statements from the owners). I can appreciate that you don't like him, but he isn't going anywhere anytime soon unless he wants to.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A full day later and this is still the dumbest thread on JI in a very long time. Bravo to the morons for fueling it along. And, morons, Woody is behind Rex 100% and so is Tannenbaum. Even with a 1-4 start, Rex isn't being fired. Even if Woody decides to make a change, it would N-E-V-E-R happen mid season. Look at Woody's track record. Come on guys, get real here. Or is this thread just another pathetic way the Rex haters have found yet another place to repeat themselves and their over exaggerated arguments yet again? You guys are just as bad as the Sanchez haters and the Tebowites.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4472604]Glad to hear you are still open to learning.

The reality is ownership is excited to have him as the team is more popular and relevant than ever. I have yet to hear a negative statement about him from any of his bosses, only praise and that his style is appreciated (statements from the owners). I can appreciate that you don't like him, but he isn't going anywhere anytime soon unless he wants to.[/QUOTE]

We never hear a negative word about any Jets coaches until they're fired. Groh, Edwards, Mangini.....same thing. Here's how we know a coach is about to get canned:

1. The team collapses late in a season in which they have a lock on a playoff spot with only 3 games remaining.

2. The press leaks rumblings that players are unhappy.

3. Players start saying how the team is no longer together, not cohesive in the locker room.

Sound familiar?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4472615]A full day later and this is still the dumbest thread on JI in a very long time. Bravo to the morons for fueling it along. And, morons, Woody is behind Rex 100% and so is Tannenbaum. Even with a 1-4 start, Rex isn't being fired. Even if Woody decides to make a change, it would N-E-V-E-R happen mid season. Look at Woody's track record. Come on guys, get real here. Or is this thread just another pathetic way the Rex haters have found yet another place to repeat themselves and their over exaggerated arguments yet again? You guys are just as bad as the Sanchez haters and the Tebowites.[/QUOTE]

The Jets will open the season 1-4 with a humiliation at home to the Texans on Monday Night Football.

The horrible Colts await the following week.

Tony Sparano, Head Coach, New York Jets.

Tim Tebow, Starting Quarterback, New York Jets.
    [I]
    "We just feel that a change is necessary now" said Jets owner Woody Johnson, "We appreciate what Rex Ryan has done for the team and know that it is in capable hands in Coach Sparano who has done this job before in this division." With the 0-5 Colts coming to MetLife Stadium on Sunday and then a critical trip to Foxboro to face the 5-0 Patriots, this seems a desperate move by Mike Tannenbaum to save his job. Sticking with Ryan and unresponsive players surely would end the Jets season at 1-7, 2-6 at best if they manage to beat Andrew Luck's rebuilding squad."

--Mark Cannizzaro, NY Post[/I]

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 05-19-2012 at 07:57 AM.